Nissan Titan Forum banner

Getting a P0300 diagnostic code....Misfire???

72K views 39 replies 21 participants last post by  Aerobeck98 
#1 ·
:ugh:Hi everybody..I'm reading a P0300 code and in the service manual it says multiple misfires..I have an '04 KC and its been idling rough and the SES light stays on until I come to a stop where the truck starts idling even rougher and the SES light starts to blink...well I got it home and after a couple hours, I tried to start it and it barely gave a crank...not even starting..Could this be related and what do I need to look at, cuz I don't have much dough for any dealership..

#14 · (Edited)
So the second dealership thought the idea of the exhaust causing the problem was bogus. The pressure tested the banks intake and ruled it out too. I had a lawyer send Nissan a letter and hopefully the will try to get it fixed. Otherwise, I might have a lemon under the law. I really hope they fix it because now that I have the truck the way I want it, I would hate to see it go. I'm pretty loyal to Nissan (my 2nd Titan). My wife is in an Armada which we bought by trading in the Xterra.

Oh, and I've gotten the code twice since I originally posted. No solution.

#15 ·
Good luck on yours, I guess I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow to set me up an appointment to take mine in.. I'll keep you posted on a solution if they find one.. I've been told by several people that the Nissan dealer here has one of the top three Nissan techs working there.. So maybe I'll have some good luck...

#17 · (Edited)
I'm not sure where your exact problem is, but I had this same code two weeks ago. First, I blew my right side cat and threw the P0430-emissions under threshold. After I hollowed out the cat and was driving on the highway, my SES starting flashing while I was WOT. Pulled the code P0300 as well, and figured since one side has a cat for back pressure, and the other is free flow, it's messing with my ECU... After I do my header swap, I'll change out all my spark plugs as well since I have had them on for over 65k of hard, hot driving... In the OP's case, I would definitely start with a spark plug change and maybe even run some Fuel Injector cleaner / treatment through with the next fill up...

#18 ·
i get multiple cylinder missfire code also but only when i get on the gas real good. i havent got the code in about 2 months. but the SES light only stays on about 1 minute then goes out. i havent done anything to try and fix the problem besides fuel injector cleaner and it's been on 1 time since the cleaner was put in.

#35 ·
I have that P0300 code and a P1757 code and check engine light stays on ..new plugs, cleaner in the tank, new coil... no help.. yesterday 2007 Nissan Titan LE had a strange sound, I pulled up to the stoplight, and when it turned green I went to take off and it was almost like I had the emergency break down, hard to get going...every time I stop it does this now... scared to drive it!!! took it to a mechanic yesterday and he wants to change transmission fluid.. then the c converter..might need a new transmission... said it might also need new oxygen sensor...I LOVE MY TRUCK!!! so sad..... help! cpensacola@gmail.com

#28 ·
Never got the code after I changed to JBA headers, HF cats, all new O2 sensors, and spark plugs... If your 2011 is throwing the code, I'd uninstall the BDGT tune and take it back to dealership... make sure to leave the SES Code in the ECU instead of clearing it with your BDGT.

#33 ·
Every time a cold front comes through I get this code the next morning if I accellerated too hard before its warmed up. I think its related to the s&b intake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.