Nissan Titan Forum banner

Clicking in heater ductwork

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Rammpage 
#1 ·
When I start up my truck with the heater on there is a clicking sound coming from inside the center of the dash. Its about 2 clicks per second and last about 7 or 8 seconds then goes away. It happens with the climate control on various positions: dash, floor vent and defrost vents.

Is it a dampener/door moving or something??

#3 ·
ive wonderd this same thing because my truck does this as well, sounds like when kids use to put the baseball cards on thier bikes so the spokes would slap against it ha

#5 ·
Ahhh someone else has this issue....mines gotten worse over the last year....it still works fine but sounds like its some sort of automated ducting that is opening and shutting after the truck is turned off for about 1-2 minutes.....I just am curious what causes it and in case it breaks something ( because it sounds like its going too) is it something I can get at and fix myself....

#6 ·
the actuator above the gas pedal craps out a lot on these trucks. The motor strips out and causes the clicking is my best guess. You can replace it yourself but it is a tough job that requires a lot of patience. I spent a good hour pulling mine to realize nissan gave me the wrong replacement one. The way you check it is look up above the gas pedal laying on your back with a light. Turn the vent knob and you'll see a little white cam plate moving back and forth. If I replace mine tonight I'll do a write up with some pics. It is very tricky to get the cam door lined up with the gear on the actuator. The part number for the actuator is 27743-ZP00A. You can search for that to get more info on this issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.