Navigation Dash Bezel p/n??? - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Interior Discussion Got a visual modification that makes your truck look just perfect? Let us know about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Navigation Dash Bezel p/n???

I have an SE and would like to try installing an aftermarket monitor put in the LE Navigation Bezel. Does anyone know if this would work? Does anyone know the p/n for the Bezel out of the LE Nav model? I'm thinking I will probably have to modify the face plate for the factory radio but that would be easier than modify what I have now to fit a 7 or 6.5" monitor. The goal is DVD and Navigation (aftermarket) to the front dash.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 07:01 AM

The radio face plate is a seperate piece, so you'll not need to modify it. It shouldn't take too much fabrication to put in a monitor. Here's a photo of what the dash looks like behind the trim pieces. I have the Nav mod and the balloon is pointing out where I tied into the Nav wiring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dash.jpg
Views:	1649
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	3477   Click image for larger version

Name:	dash2.jpg
Views:	1097
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	3481  

Last edited by llajumpvid; 08-25-2004 at 11:27 AM.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Cluster lid C is a shorter piece than the standard. The photo is perfect. I'm going to take it to the local dealer and see what the assembly will cost. Thanks again for your help llajumpvid
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 04:23 PM

any update on the part number?

I want to install a 7" screen in my dash.
Also, is this one any different from the QX56? If so, does anyone think that I can use it instead?

gero
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	qx56nav.jpg
Views:	1136
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	4008  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 05:46 PM

That is VERY different. I doubt it would work without some major reconstructive surgery. The VDC switches and such would all have to be moved...etc..etc..

There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

Top 10 Ways You Know You're a Hopeless Procrastinator:

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 06:31 PM

thanks for your feedback... but they certainly look similar in these photos....

remember.... i'm trying to keep my indash 6disc changer.... simply add the nav pod and an aftermarket 7" touchscreen...

it appears to me that the only difference w/ the nav. pod is that w/ the infiniti the screen doesn't stick out (and looks much better imho) this looks like an easy swap w/ a titan or armada that already has nav. ....

I need to determine whether or not I'll have to modify the stereo faceplace section (at the top where the nav. controls would be) with either option.

The take-away here is that any titan owners looking to add the oem nav. pod should not overlook the qx56 option. I know that I'll be stopping by the local infiniti dealer to take a closer look.

gero
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	qx56nav2.jpg
Views:	999
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	4013   Click image for larger version

Name:	armada interior.jpg
Views:	1284
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	4014   Click image for larger version

Name:	titaninterior.jpg
Views:	4986
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	4015  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 08:19 PM

You cannot just change the pod on top, you would need to change the faceplate too. Judging by your third picture the plate that goes over the stereo/HVAC controls has a much bigger lip on than on the ones with NAV AND it angles up while the NAV one's kind of crest at the top and being going down. Now, if you want to get that second plate from Infinity, again, look at the bottom. What I am telling you is that regardless of the TOP you will have to seriously modify the bottom where the VDC, Tow, and E-locker buttons live....they don't exist on the infinity.

The only way I can see it working for you is using the infity pod with the Titan's NAV faceplate.

There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

Top 10 Ways You Know You're a Hopeless Procrastinator:

Last edited by TriKKy; 09-19-2004 at 08:28 PM.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 05:25 AM Thread Starter

I think it works! I do believe the face plate will have to come from a nissan though. I think Tricky is right, the face plate won't work. I'm sure the nissan faces plate will bolt on. Problem is the nissan face plate from the nav LE is even different than the se without nav. Meaning either way we do this the face plate will have to be modified. Maybe it's me but I don't think the plate mod would be near as difficult as the nav bezel. So why not go with the Infinity bezel.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gero
remember.... i'm trying to keep my indash 6disc changer.... simply add the nav pod and an aftermarket 7" touchscreen...

it appears to me that the only difference w/ the nav. pod is that w/ the infiniti the screen doesn't stick out (and looks much better imho) this looks like an easy swap w/ a titan or armada that already has nav. ....

I need to determine whether or not I'll have to modify the stereo faceplace section (at the top where the nav. controls would be) with either option.

The take-away here is that any titan owners looking to add the oem nav. pod should not overlook the qx56 option. I know that I'll be stopping by the local infiniti dealer to take a closer look.

gero
If you look at the back edge of the benzel around the monitor on the titan/armada it's rounded where it meets the dash. The Qx56 is square...it won't work.

The shallow end of the gene pool needs some chlorine!

April 04 Armada
Mods: 20% tint, Blaupunkt ME3 TV/DVD player wired into factory dvd wiring (read how to here) , 7" monitor (see it here), video on Navigation screen (how to here) , reverse camera, hood deflector, weathertech vent visors, sunroof deflector, Cascade sound deadener, Street Scene Grille and a fully functioning car-mada-puter, Download fauxdynoV3.0.xls
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 10:22 AM

i don't know...

if you look at the first pic of the qx56 that i posted, it looks as if it is also rounded after the center channel speaker... i guess i just have to go to the infiniti dealership today.

gero
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gero
if you look at the first pic of the qx56 that i posted, it looks as if it is also rounded after the center channel speaker... i guess i just have to go to the infiniti dealership today.

gero
It's square. Sorry for the photo size it's a link to someone elses web.....

The shallow end of the gene pool needs some chlorine!

April 04 Armada
Mods: 20% tint, Blaupunkt ME3 TV/DVD player wired into factory dvd wiring (read how to here) , 7" monitor (see it here), video on Navigation screen (how to here) , reverse camera, hood deflector, weathertech vent visors, sunroof deflector, Cascade sound deadener, Street Scene Grille and a fully functioning car-mada-puter, Download fauxdynoV3.0.xls
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 12:22 PM

the infiniti bezels will not work in a Nissan without major modification to your ****pit module. Also, If you use your stock faceplate there will be about a 50mm gap from the top of the faceplate to the nav screen pod, but that can eaily be hidden with another piece of plastic, or a piece of carbon fiber. Much easier than modding a nav faceplate to fit a non-nav radio. Make sure you get some pics up when you get done

Under Budget, On Time, To Spec
Choose any Two.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 03:13 PM

Thanks for the photos!

You're right. There just happened to be a qx56 in my office parking lot. It's definitely square... but i still want to mod it to fit. I'll keep thinking...

gero
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 04:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to GregV
PN# 68257-7S500, list is $156.87, yours 117.65.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2004, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

GregV,

Will you sell the LE Nav bezel???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top