center console removal?? HELP?!?!?!? - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Interior Discussion Got a visual modification that makes your truck look just perfect? Let us know about it.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 11:01 AM
Registered User
 
HyperSportRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 594
Thanks: 8
Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HyperSportRacing Send a message via Yahoo to HyperSportRacing
center console removal?? HELP?!?!?!?

Anyone know how to remove the center console tray?? I'm in the middle of an install can someone help me out?? Thanks!!!


San Diego, Cali.
2006 Nissan Titan LE CC 4x4 PICS
Bully Dog BDGT & Ram Mount, DDM HID 5K Low Beams & Rigid Dually Fogs, Armada Air Dam Mod.
DR Coilovers, Total Chaos UCA's, Bilstein Shocks, Removed 3rd Leaf, Foose DF-6 22" Black, 305/45/22 Nexen Roadian
Stillen Front Sway Bar, Stillen Big Brake kit, AMP Research steps, GrillCraft Grill. BAK-Flip G2, AirAid MXP 4" Intake, AirAid Throttle Body Spacer
HyperSportRacing is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member
 
bestatchess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 17,041
Thanks: 468
Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,882 Posts
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Re: center console removal?? HELP?!?!?!?

Console Removal & Acoustic Insulation




bestatchess is offline  
#3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Registered User
 
HyperSportRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 594
Thanks: 8
Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HyperSportRacing Send a message via Yahoo to HyperSportRacing
Re: center console removal?? HELP?!?!?!?

Thanks!! That helped out a bunch!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestatchess


San Diego, Cali.
2006 Nissan Titan LE CC 4x4 PICS
Bully Dog BDGT & Ram Mount, DDM HID 5K Low Beams & Rigid Dually Fogs, Armada Air Dam Mod.
DR Coilovers, Total Chaos UCA's, Bilstein Shocks, Removed 3rd Leaf, Foose DF-6 22" Black, 305/45/22 Nexen Roadian
Stillen Front Sway Bar, Stillen Big Brake kit, AMP Research steps, GrillCraft Grill. BAK-Flip G2, AirAid MXP 4" Intake, AirAid Throttle Body Spacer
HyperSportRacing is offline  
#4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 91
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: center console removal?? HELP?!?!?!?

im trying to get the two pieces off that go on either side of the center console, they are long and skinny. any idea how to do this??
2004Titanblackout is offline  
#5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member
 
baseballfanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sugar Land, Republic of Texas
Posts: 17,053
Thanks: 2,189
Thanked 3,259 Times in 2,167 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Re: center console removal?? HELP?!?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004Titanblackout View Post
im trying to get the two pieces off that go on either side of the center console, they are long and skinny. any idea how to do this??
You'll need to access screws from the inside. Basically have to take the whole thing apart almost.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	centercon.png
Views:	334
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	147510  


2014 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Titan/Armada Part Numbers

Frequently asked fuse locations


305.5 WHP, 370.4 ft/lbs tq

Last edited by baseballfanz; 10-08-2012 at 11:17 AM.
baseballfanz is offline  
#6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 91
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: center console removal?? HELP?!?!?!?

hmm, so i looked and still cant figure out where the screws are, anyone done this before?
2004Titanblackout is offline  
#7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: center console removal?? HELP?!?!?!?

Sorry to again revive a long dead thread, but I am taking console out just to do a THOROUGH cleaning job. I see that most do it for sound insulation, and I'm curious, is this to keep your sound IN, or sound OUT?
Seems like a lot of work for sound from exhaust. I have a 2006 SE and I've never thought the sound was that bad. I can converse in normal tone, so it's obviously not that bad. But to each their own, not many would do that much work just to make it purdy again... LOL!
Christof60 is offline  
#8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 04:15 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member
 
baseballfanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sugar Land, Republic of Texas
Posts: 17,053
Thanks: 2,189
Thanked 3,259 Times in 2,167 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Re: center console removal?? HELP?!?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christof60 View Post
Sorry to again revive a long dead thread, but I am taking console out just to do a THOROUGH cleaning job. I see that most do it for sound insulation, and I'm curious, is this to keep your sound IN, or sound OUT?
Seems like a lot of work for sound from exhaust. I have a 2006 SE and I've never thought the sound was that bad. I can converse in normal tone, so it's obviously not that bad. But to each their own, not many would do that much work just to make it purdy again... LOL!
Sound insulation will keep the sounds in and out. It's usually done when peoples put in a high end stereo system, help with damping, rattling ect....
At the same time it keep road noise, exhaust noise out.


2014 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Titan/Armada Part Numbers

Frequently asked fuse locations


305.5 WHP, 370.4 ft/lbs tq
baseballfanz is offline  
#9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 08:30 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: center console removal?? HELP?!?!?!?

I see.... Makes sense put that way. I wish my Titan wasn't so dang loud with windows down. The noisiest vehicle I've ever owned with windows down. Not the truck per se, but the wind noise. Especially here in Florida. But that's a whole different subject.
Christof60 is offline  
Reply

Jump to top


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Center console on XE??? GARRICK ANSON Titan Interior Discussion 8 02-10-2006 02:27 PM
Removal of Center Radio Bezel.... HokieTitan Titan Visual & Audio Discussion 6 12-18-2005 06:08 PM
dash/console removal dilleyoshemp Titan General Discussion 0 11-10-2004 04:54 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On