Nissan Titan Forum banner

After market seat covers?

16K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  all torque 
#1 · (Edited)
I would like to put some seat covers over the factory originals on my 2015 Titan SV King Cab.

Probably only the front seats, but maybe the back seat as well.

I am not sure what my options are, but I don't care for those camo covers.

I also don't want some baggy, fit-em'-all junk that don't fit.

I am concerned about retaining access to the seat motion controls.

Mostly, I just want to protect the seats from wear and tear and an occasional spilled Coke.

I saw some here Car Covers Covercraft Custom, Coverking Truck Seat Covers, LeBra Car Bras, Dashmat Dash Covers, CarCoverUSA but not sure what is the best choice.

Anybody have any suggestions/experience?

#2 ·
If you're willing to shell out the dollars, CoverKing is a great choice. My dad had some in his car and they were really nice.

Reactions: NRA_guy
#4 ·
I'm actually really impressed with my Titan seats. I have the Pro4x leather, keep a cheap cover on the front passenger for the dogs, no other covers. I cut the top portion off the passenger cover so it's only the bottom, but after 8+ years my seats still look great once I clean all the dirt and dog hair out of them.

#8 ·
I have Carhartt seat covers on mine, they are made of the same material as their work pants, jackets and other workwear. They fit ok, and shouldn't wear out any time soon. They were still a little expensive, but should pay for themselves.

#9 ·
Coverkings are on my list. I'd (and eventually will) go that route.

#14 ·
I wish I could see a photo of the left side of the driver's seat (i.e., taken from the driver's door opening).

Not one seller/manufacturer ever shows that. They ALL show the passenger side in photos.

I want to know how the seat covers accommodate the buttons for the electrical seat controls.

Are there cut-outs for the buttons or what?

Thanks all for the posts.

#15 ·
This is what I mean that is troubling to me (copied from Pro Seat Covers installation instructions):

Headrest & Latch Holes
In many models, headrest holes, power holes and/or latch holes are not cut. This is due to past trouble with properly aligning the covers once the holes were cut. In these cases, it was deemed better to cut the holes once the cover is properly aligned and installed.

To make these holes, simply install the cover, then cut a small "X" cut over the area where the hole needs to be. Then, in the case of a latch hole, lift the cover up and slide the latch through the hole. This process ensures that the holes are placed in correct spot every time!
Sounds like a good way to get a messy appearance with a bunch of ragged, unfinished holes.

#19 ·
Thanks.

What kind of fabric did you select? There are SO many choices and without seeing the material and feeling it, I am not sure which would suit me best.

I have learned that, before ordering, I should check after market parts out pretty closely, make no assumptions, and ask questions up front---especially those "non-returnable" parts like custom seat covers.

I am worried about the fit around the pivoting arm rests and the power seat control buttons.

I don't like it when manufacturers say that I should just carefully cut a hole for them.

I am not even sure that I can get those elastic straps that go from side to side under the seats without interfering with the seat adjustment mechanism. There is a lots of stuff under the driver's seat, and most of it moves.

#20 ·
I did cordura covers in Mossy Oak highlighted with dark grey. They sent me samples of the material in the colors I asked for plus several others, I think 10 in all. They also called me and asked a whole lot more questions about the truck and got very specific about what I needed. I'm a little concerned about the no return thing too, but they made me feel very comfortable with the purchase

#24 ·
Thanks, skypilot39b.

I just put some $30.00 fit-em-all covers from Walmart on my front seats as an interim measure.

We are going on vacation today, and I did not want to expose my factory seats to the things that travelling with family members invariably brings.

They fit well and look surprisingly good.

I will eventually get some real seat covers.

#25 · (Edited)
I ordered some CalTrend front seat covers from Autoanything.com. They are eoprene, black and grey. They had a ton of good reviews and were fairly priced. They should be delivered this week.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.