LED Interior Lights - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Interior Discussion Got a visual modification that makes your truck look just perfect? Let us know about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
LED Interior Lights

There are a few older threads on this and most of them say talk to ARMADEN. I know he isn't active anymore and I didn't know who the new go to was for ordering LED lights. I have a 2013 crew cab Titan and want to replace all interior lights. I have 3 sets of over head, 2 visor, the doors, cargo lights and license plate lights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 10:14 AM
Supporting Vendor

Send a message via AIM to retrosolutions Send a message via MSN to retrosolutions
Re: LED Interior Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by budnrum View Post
There are a few older threads on this and most of them say talk to ARMADEN. I know he isn't active anymore and I didn't know who the new go to was for ordering LED lights. I have a 2013 crew cab Titan and want to replace all interior lights. I have 3 sets of over head, 2 visor, the doors, cargo lights and license plate lights.
We can certainly help you out with that. Do you already know the bulbs fitments you need for those fixtures or can we help you out with that also?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mon.- Fri. 9am-4-pm Eastern time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(860) 406-4443

-
-
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Im looking on Superbright led.com
I have found this light for the license plate:
superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/194-led-bulb-6-smd-led-tower-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/1728/4112

For the third break light/cargo light I have found
Cargo:
superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/921-led-bulb-19-smd-led-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/1563/3624
Break Light:
superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/194-can-bus-led-bulb-5-smd-led-tower-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/1127/2675
The question I have with these is do I have to use a different light for the break light. Right now I was ordering a red one I just didnt know if I had to use red or if I could use a white one.

I am looking for Blue LEDS for the interior.
I am just struggling to find the below LEDS in the blue that are some what bright:
Map Light Bulb Size: DE3175
Dome Light Bulb Size: DE3175
Step/Courtesy Light Bulb Size: 158 or 194 or 906
Sun visor light.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 08:07 AM
Supporting Vendor

Send a message via AIM to retrosolutions Send a message via MSN to retrosolutions

Quote:
Im looking on Superbright led.com
I have found this light for the license plate:
superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/194-led-bulb-6-smd-led-tower-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/1728/4112

For the third break light/cargo light I have found
Cargo:
superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/921-led-bulb-19-smd-led-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/1563/3624
Break Light:
superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/194-can-bus-led-bulb-5-smd-led-tower-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/1127/2675
The question I have with these is do I have to use a different light for the break light. Right now I was ordering a red one I just didnt know if I had to use red or if I could use a white one.

I am looking for Blue LEDS for the interior.
I am just struggling to find the below LEDS in the blue that are some what bright:
Map Light Bulb Size: DE3175
Dome Light Bulb Size: DE3175
Step/Courtesy Light Bulb Size: 158 or 194 or 906
Sun visor light.
Those may be okay for the plate lamps or may not be bright enough.
For the Cargo lamps those certainly will not be as bright as you would want them to be, something more substantial is needed to be able to see items in the back.
We do have the blue LEDs for the interior, but the thing there is you will never find any that are immensely bright as our human eyes do not use blue light nearly as efficiently as white light.
Based on what you are looking to convert over there, here is what we can suggest for better overall performance:

Plate Lamps:

T10 PCB Wedge

- please select "white" for bulb color
www.retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?T10_194_168_158__2825_5050_PCB_LED_Wedge_ Bulbs-pid2470.html
Cargo Lamp:

921/T15 CREE 30w Reverse/Cargo:

www.retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?921_912_906_T15_5W_CREE_LED_Reverse_Wedge _Bulbs-pid699.html
Third Brake Light:

Here you can used the same bulb as the cargo lamps above or these here:
T15 9-LED Wedge:

- please select "white" for bulb color
www.retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?921_912_906_T15_LED_Wedge_Bulbs-pid923.html
Map and Dome Lamps:

DE3175 2W Festoon

www.retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?High_Power_DE3175_Festoon_bulb-pid690.html
Step/Courtesy Lamps:

T10 2.5W Wedge:

www.retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?T10_194_168_158__2825_5_LED_Wedge_Bulbs-pid686.html
Visor Lamps:

Visor Vanity 1W Festoon:

www.retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?visor_vanity_mirror_LED_Bulbs-pid720.html

(860) 406-4443

-
-
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. I'm pretty sure Ill be taking your advise and just get everything in the cool white. Those cargo lights are much brighter then the ones I was looking at. Ill try and post before and after pics so you can get more customers for those that are interested.
The Following User Says Thank You to budnrum For This Useful Post:
retrosolutions (04-19-2017)
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 09:06 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,901 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

The vendor response here is why I bought my stuff from ARMADEN. Tell him the vehicle, he sends you a package, done. No having to figure out bulb numbers. Unfortunately, ARMADEN closed shop years ago. His bulbs were first rate, still going strong. Not that this does you any good.

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, 18" Magnaflow, Berk b-pipes, Volant PowerCore, AMSoil bumper to bumper, Uprev tuned, CSF radiator, e-fans, JBA LT headers»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Hellwig rear sway bar»
2017 Ford F-350 CCLB 6.7l Lariat - The Towing Beast
Jim aka Bionic Whore™

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

After I get all these in Ill be back to get my headlights. What is the difference in the LEDs and HIDs? I've been looking at the HID kits but trying to figure out the big difference in the two. From what I have been reading it looks like I'm going to have to put LEDs in for the high beams but I'm just trying to figure out what is better for the fog and low.
The Following User Says Thank You to budnrum For This Useful Post:
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 02:09 PM

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Don't put HID's in the stock housing, they're not made for reflector housings. I now have gotten 6 sets of retrosolutions LED headlights for different vehicles and have been completely satisfied with all of them. Great amount of light, bright white, instant on, customer service is very very responsive and helpful. I have 2 sets in my Titan, 2 sets in my Maxima, 1 in my motorcycle, and 1 in my dad's Frontier. Granted, nothing will beat HID's in good projector housings, but these LED's are great if you want to keep your stock reflector headlights.

2008 PRO-4X KC
Looks and Sound: No chrome, Leveled, Black Rhino Sidewinder 18x9's, 275/70/R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, OEM modded headlights, RF system+Two Kicker Comp 12's, LED lights inside and out, Defiant light bar, 32" curved LED bar, amber pods
Performance: AirAid MXP, UpRev, JBA LT Headers, Cajun B Pipes, JBA catback, Dirt King UCA's, Bilstein 5100's
The Following User Says Thank You to LaxDfns15 For This Useful Post:
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 02:44 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Thanks for the help. I'm pretty sure Ill be taking your advise and just get everything in the cool white. Those cargo lights are much brighter then the ones I was looking at. Ill try and post before and after pics so you can get more customers for those that are interested.
Most welcome anytime and we'd love to see your photos. Thank you so much for the recent order!

(860) 406-4443

-
-
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 08:30 PM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

A little help here.....does anyone know how to get the over head map light covers off without breaking them on a 2017 Titan so that i can install my LED Bulbs?

Tri-Fold bed cover, LED Fogs, Tails and interior lights, Rough country 6" lift with custom tires & rims and Bug guard with more mods to come.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Titan View Post
A little help here.....does anyone know how to get the over head map light covers off without breaking them on a 2017 Titan so that i can install my LED Bulbs?
Are they the same (or same shape) as the gen 1?

2008 PRO-4X KC
Looks and Sound: No chrome, Leveled, Black Rhino Sidewinder 18x9's, 275/70/R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, OEM modded headlights, RF system+Two Kicker Comp 12's, LED lights inside and out, Defiant light bar, 32" curved LED bar, amber pods
Performance: AirAid MXP, UpRev, JBA LT Headers, Cajun B Pipes, JBA catback, Dirt King UCA's, Bilstein 5100's
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxDfns15 View Post
Don't put HID's in the stock housing, they're not made for reflector housings. I now have gotten 6 sets of retrosolutions LED headlights for different vehicles and have been completely satisfied with all of them. Great amount of light, bright white, instant on, customer service is very very responsive and helpful. I have 2 sets in my Titan, 2 sets in my Maxima, 1 in my motorcycle, and 1 in my dad's Frontier. Granted, nothing will beat HID's in good projector housings, but these LED's are great if you want to keep your stock reflector headlights.
On a lot of the threads it said the HIDs worked in the stock housing. Do you not recommend them because they are just that bright or are there other issues?
Retrosolutions yall sell both HID and LED what do you recommend?
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:31 AM

HID's do not output light the same way halogens do, and they are made for projector housings. The light will be bright, but it will scatter very quickly instead of creating a beam. Also they will blind other drivers unless you have them pointed almost straight at the ground because they scatter so quickly.

Here's my low and hi beams at least 200 feet from that railing with retrosolutions' older gen LED's. The light scatters more to the sides than with halogens, but I count that as a bonus because LED light is VERY reflective so anything that can reflect will at a very high distance.
Attached Thumbnails
LED Interior Lights-20170206_203014.jpg  

2008 PRO-4X KC
The Following User Says Thank You to LaxDfns15 For This Useful Post:
budnrum (04-20-2017)
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 03:45 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
On a lot of the threads it said the HIDs worked in the stock housing. Do you not recommend them because they are just that bright or are there other issues?
Retrosolutions yall sell both HID and LED what do you recommend?
We recommend the LED just for the pure ease of installation and reliability. However, in general (not vehicle make/model specific) HID provide a better controlled beam pattern. The Titan lamps up to current though do work really well with the best LED headlamp bulbs.

(860) 406-4443

-
-
The Following User Says Thank You to retrosolutions For This Useful Post:
budnrum (04-21-2017)
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

I called today and they said that the
Map and Dome Lamps:

DE3175 2W Festoon

retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?High_Power_DE3175_Festoon_bulb-pid690.html

are on back order. SO nothing has shipped yet. I asked them to ship everything else and when they get the Dome Lights ship them separate. They had no issue doing that. Cust-serv was great and understanding and gladly cooperated with wanting the shipment split up. So it may take a little longer for photos but they are coming.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top