Best/brightest headlight bulb without going HID - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Parts & Accessories Discussion about Parts & Accessories.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 4,624 Times in 2,577 Posts
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to beason Send a message via MSN to beason Send a message via Yahoo to beason
Best/brightest headlight bulb without going HID

I had a set of the hyper white bulbs in my T and they seemed to help a little, but when i had the truck in the shop, they replaced my headlight and put a regular bulb in it, so now i have one reg and one kind of blue, and it looks stupid.

I want something that is better then the stock bulbs, but not overly expensive. I dont think im ready to go HID since im not ready to drop coin on headlight housings or anything to do it right.

Anyone have any headlight bulbs that are brighter then the stock ones?

Ever growing mod list here

WhinyWhore™
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 02:30 PM

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Re: Best/brightest headlight bulb without going HID

Its now around $50 to do HIDs. You do not need a special headlight housing. Go on ebay, I have seen them for as low as $40
#3 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 4,624 Times in 2,577 Posts
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to beason Send a message via MSN to beason Send a message via Yahoo to beason

what is the lifespan on them? i dont do a whole lot of driving at night, but when i do its normally road trips and at times in the middle of dark nowhere. I need brighter, but is it worth it...

Ever growing mod list here

WhinyWhore™
#4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 03:15 PM

iTrader Score: 21 reviews

Order a set from DDM for about $50 shipped and call it day. No special housings needed, all plug and play buddy. You figure a new set of bulbs like Silverstars, etc will run about $30-40. HID kits will last for years depending on where you get them from and if correctly installed. My wife's Xterra has had the same two sets for over two years now without any problems. Im running two sets of the slim DDM kits without any problems.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W

#5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 04:26 PM

Thanked 2,875 Times in 1,923 Posts
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vilim12

Go get yourself a DDM kit for almost the same price as regular bulbs. They have a lifetime warranty and replacement bulbs are only 15 bucks. Pick whatever color youd like and call it a day.

2008 Nissan Titan Pro-4x CC LWB Smoke
#6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 06:04 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Duran

Sylvania silver stars are nice but don't last to long. I've only had one last for about two years

#7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 10:08 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to avirex560

Does the Set from DDM include lights and fogs ? Or HI and Low
#8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 11:28 AM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by avirex560 View Post
Does the Set from DDM include lights and fogs ? Or HI and Low
You buy one set for low beams and another set for your fog lights. If you plan on putting HID's in your highs then you will need a set for that as well, which is overkill IMO.

Performance mods: DT Long tube headers, hi-flow Magnaflow cats, Injen intake, 07 style exhaust pipes, 22 inch magnaflow muffler (12588) Cross drilled/slotted front rotors, Bilstein 5100 front shocks.

Exterior Mods: Stock LE rims, painted Nissan Galaxy black with Nismo center stickers, 5000k headlights and 6000k fogs

Interior mods: All red led instrument cluster, 12 in JL sub, 250W mono sub.

#9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATXTITAN View Post
Order a set from DDM for about $50 shipped and call it day. No special housings needed, all plug and play buddy. You figure a new set of bulbs like Silverstars, etc will run about $30-40. HID kits will last for years depending on where you get them from and if correctly installed. My wife's Xterra has had the same two sets for over two years now without any problems. Im running two sets of the slim DDM kits without any problems.

HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning
DDM's site is terrible. What kit do I want for the Titan? I know I want th 55w, but what about the bulb type? Also, is 6000k too blue'ish?

TIA-
#10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 08:58 AM
RxZ

Send a message via AIM to RxZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMTitan14 View Post
DDM's site is terrible. What kit do I want for the Titan? I know I want th 55w, but what about the bulb type? Also, is 6000k too blue'ish?

TIA-
I had the 6000K 55W for the high beams and I thought they were just a little too blue. Personal preference I guess. I had accidentally installed them in the low beams for the first couple of days I had them, and interestingly enough, I do not remember thinking they were too blue. Maybe because more of the light was being focused in front of the truck instead of spread out over the high beams coverage area??? Either way, its not an intense blue, just more blue than I am used to since I have never had a car with HID of any kind.

And you are right, to my knowledge DDM does not keep a database of the size of lights each vehicle needs, so for bulb sizes:

High = 9005
Low = 9006

2009 Honda Civic Si Coupe

SOLD: 2009 Titan Crew Cab
Mods: Magnaflow Exhaust, K&N Drop-In, Putco LED 3rd Brake Light, 30% tint, Cool NISMO Sticker, K&N Sticker

The Following User Says Thank You to RxZ For This Useful Post:
RMTitan14 (09-25-2010)
#11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
I had the 6000K 55W for the high beams and I thought they were just a little too blue. Personal preference I guess. I had accidentally installed them in the low beams for the first couple of days I had them, and interestingly enough, I do not remember thinking they were too blue. Maybe because more of the light was being focused in front of the truck instead of spread out over the high beams coverage area??? Either way, its not an intense blue, just more blue than I am used to since I have never had a car with HID of any kind.

And you are right, to my knowledge DDM does not keep a database of the size of lights each vehicle needs, so for bulb sizes:

High = 9005
Low = 9006
Thank you much. One more thing, I assume I need to purchase the HID harness also? What about the adapter cable?

B-
#12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 02:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to avirex560

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2005armada View Post
You buy one set for low beams and another set for your fog lights. If you plan on putting HID's in your highs then you will need a set for that as well, which is overkill IMO.
Thanks Gotcha........kinda new to this!!
#13 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 02:55 PM

Thanked 2,004 Times in 1,358 Posts

I have the sylvania silver star Ultras on my truck on lows, highs and fogs and they are bright as h3ll. They were already on the truck when I got it but they are expensive as well. I probably dont need HIDs but im getting them anyway from Armaden. I love the way they look since I had them on my wifes 05 Pathfinder.

Heres a link that you may find useful
http://assets.sylvania.com/assets/im...31053c9567.jpg
#14 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 07:09 AM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMTitan14 View Post
Thank you much. One more thing, I assume I need to purchase the HID harness also? What about the adapter cable?

B-
I'm confused on this also. Do we need the HID harness or adaptor cable?

The 1961 Ferrari 250GT California. Less than a hundred were made. My father spent three years restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion.
It is his fault he didn't lock the garage.

2004 SE Radiant Silver KC 2WD with Big Tow package. 2" PRG level with Bilstein HD's front/Icon shocks in back. Titan waterproof seat covers. Extang bed cover. Fog Lights installed. Mag-Hytec diff cover. Axle Vent Mod. Added front tow hooks. DU-HA storage under rear seat. Nissan hood protector.
#15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 09:11 AM

Thanked 3,772 Times in 2,344 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

I had the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's (which were about the same price as DDM HID's $50) & they weren't half as bright. I'd get a "slim ballast" HID kit from DDM. I couldn't be happier w/ mine.

Nope the DDM slim ballast's are plug & play! Comes w/ everything, even an extra set of o-ring's so that you can double them up on the bulb's to make a nice water-tight fit!

Just a tip... Never touch the glass part of your headlight bulb's w/ your bare figures. The oil's from your hand's can make the bulb's prematurely POP.

2005 NISSAN TITAN SE KC
IRC VK56 TEAM MEMBER
performance:
UP/REV RB's/DS TUNED!!!
4" Airaid MXP CAI w/ GW77 4" Ram-Air Mod / TB Bypass Mod / FT90 Kit / LS7 TB / '08 IM / CSF 2 Row Race Rad. w/ Fumoto QuikValve / Modded Nismo 170*F T-Stat / TruCool SR4588 / Nismo LT Header's / BerkTech 2.25' SS B-Pipes w/ Magnaflow Hi-Flows / 2.25"-3" Crapmaster Y-Pipe / BORLA XR-1 Muffler / Relentless RPM Gen2 Catch Can / Detriot TruTrac LSD / Grounding Kit / Burnout Mod / IAT "Reaper Mod" / LP Mod / MT ET Street P295/45R/17 DR's / Mobil1 EP 5W30 / 75W140
exterior/suspension:
LSAL Ignite 8K HID's / Ruff Racing R286 22"x9.5" Chromes w/ 305/45/22 Toyo Proxes ST2's / Slotted "Cryo" Frozen Rotors / Hawk LTS Brake Pads / Gatorback Poly-V Serp Belt / Stillen Diff. Cover / PRG Traction Bars & TX Frame Mounts / Helwig RSB / Bilstein HD's / SpringTech 2" Drop Shackles / PRG camber bolts / SolarGard Tint
NEW PB 2014: 1/4- 13.55 @ 98.5MPH
Next Mods: CAJUN 2.5" B-Pipes & VIBRANT 2.5"-3" Y-Pipe / MGT IM / JWT S7/S2 CAMS & Level10 Trans!!!!

Last edited by gweasel77; 10-02-2010 at 09:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to gweasel77 For This Useful Post:
RMTitan14 (10-04-2010)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top