Anyone Tried These? - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Parts & Accessories Discussion about Parts & Accessories.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 11:08 AM

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Anyone Tried These?

Anyone tried these? I ordered them and just curious. I'll post my thoughts if no one has. Thought it might help out with the odor issue from the a/c.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cabin Air Filter.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	466.3 KB
ID:	149573  

2011 Titan SL CC 4x4, Galaxy Black, Nismo CAI, Nismo True Dual Catback Exhaust, 305/55/20 Nitto Trail Grapplers, Bull Bar, PRG UCAs, PRG 2.5" spacers, PRG sway bar end links, PRG 1" rear block, BDGT, Extang Trifecta Signature Series, WeatherTech DigitalFit Floorliners.

Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Titan SE CC 4x2, Galaxy Black, Mods:Entended length SAW coilovers, SAW rear piggybacks, C-30 Deaver pack, PRG UCAs, N-Fab nerf steps, Volant G3 CAI, 2* advance, Weathertech floor liners, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers, Nismo True Dual Exhaust, Extang Trifecta Signature Series
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slade-titan For This Useful Post:
baseballfanz (11-12-2012), rbt (11-12-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 3,330 Times in 2,203 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Re: Anyone Tried These?

Yeah let us know how it work out.

2014 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Titan/Armada Part Numbers

Frequently asked fuse locations

305.5 WHP, 370.4 ft/lbs tq
#3 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 12:24 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

The wife's Mini has carbon filters. I don't notice any difference in air quality but I suppose if you're battling a smell (cigarettes, weed, mcdonalds sweet n sour sauce) they would work great.

Beer makes me smarterer
2009 CC long bed, extra napkins in glove box, ejector seat, 2* timing advance, a couple pens and paper along with a flashlight and candy in center console, Justin Bieber needs to die, I turn the wipers on when it rains, cabin air filters, headlights are good at night, junk mail gets thrown in back seat, forward launching napalm, washing machine parts and tow strap in rear door pocket, flux capacitor, & a full tank of gas.

Recently added: Herpes all over stereo bezel, spider nest in flux capacitor, really bad fart/vomit smell once windows are touched...door handles are where I keep my booger collection.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 04:47 PM

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

How much were those?
#5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 05:04 PM
rbt

Thanked 1,016 Times in 651 Posts
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by slade-titan View Post
Anyone tried these? I ordered them and just curious. I'll post my thoughts if no one has. Thought it might help out with the odor issue from the a/c.
yea what is the deal with the smelly ac? My 2011 Armada did it too.

#6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 09:35 AM

$14.87 w/free shipping for two filters. I thought what the hell. I haven't experienced the a/c issue too bad that some have but I do at times smell the moldy issue when i've had the recirculate on. I wanted to trade out my filters anyway so I saw these and thought I would try them out. Haven't received them yet but I will install them as soon as I get them and post back with updates. Oh and I got them off Ebay fyi. Here was the company write up on them: "Our carbon filters are made with a full 60 grams of activated carbon offering unsurpassed filtration for your Nissan. Activated carbon removes not only particles but harmful gases and odors. Many of our customers have remarked the quality of your filters surpasses Nissan OEM filters."

2011 Titan SL CC 4x4, Galaxy Black, Nismo CAI, Nismo True Dual Catback Exhaust, 305/55/20 Nitto Trail Grapplers, Bull Bar, PRG UCAs, PRG 2.5" spacers, PRG sway bar end links, PRG 1" rear block, BDGT, Extang Trifecta Signature Series, WeatherTech DigitalFit Floorliners.

Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Titan SE CC 4x2, Galaxy Black, Mods:Entended length SAW coilovers, SAW rear piggybacks, C-30 Deaver pack, PRG UCAs, N-Fab nerf steps, Volant G3 CAI, 2* advance, Weathertech floor liners, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers, Nismo True Dual Exhaust, Extang Trifecta Signature Series

Last edited by slade-titan; 11-13-2012 at 09:39 AM.
#7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 09:49 AM

Thanked 1,234 Times in 849 Posts
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

There is an easy fix for the odor. Take your filters out, spray Lysol disenfecting spray through the intake screen while the AC is running (the intake is the screen part on the wiper cowel). Let the Lysol smell get into the truck so you know the spray is through the vent system. Turn the AC off and let the blower run to dry the system out. Put in new filters.

I had to repeat his once, but the smell has been gone for a while now. I borrowed this from someone on the forum, but honestly can’t remember who or from what thread.

05 LE Crew w/ Offroad Package
Bilstein 5100's; 1" Rear Lift Block & 1.5" Strut Spacer
BDPP (2° Advance, WOT removed, Regular Tune)
JBA cat back, Cajun Catless B Pipes
Airaid MXP Intake
Legit LED's

GO BRONCOS!!!

A glass of beer shortens your life by one minute, a glass of wine by two minutes, and a day of work by 7 to 10 hours

America!!! (Designed by geniuses, run by idiots)
The Following User Says Thank You to chadp82 For This Useful Post:
slade-titan (11-13-2012)
#8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadp82 View Post
There is an easy fix for the odor. Take your filters out, spray Lysol disenfecting spray through the intake screen while the AC is running (the intake is the screen part on the wiper cowel). Let the Lysol smell get into the truck so you know the spray is through the vent system. Turn the AC off and let the blower run to dry the system out. Put in new filters.

I had to repeat his once, but the smell has been gone for a while now. I borrowed this from someone on the forum, but honestly can’t remember who or from what thread.
That's exactly what I did in my Accord. Worked great.
#9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadp82 View Post

Instead of lysol, try 50/50 mint listerine and water. Takes the mold away and smells delicious!

Beer makes me smarterer
2009 CC long bed, extra napkins in glove box, ejector seat, 2* timing advance, a couple pens and paper along with a flashlight and candy in center console, Justin Bieber needs to die, I turn the wipers on when it rains, cabin air filters, headlights are good at night, junk mail gets thrown in back seat, forward launching napalm, washing machine parts and tow strap in rear door pocket, flux capacitor, & a full tank of gas.

Recently added: Herpes all over stereo bezel, spider nest in flux capacitor, really bad fart/vomit smell once windows are touched...door handles are where I keep my booger collection.
#10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:13 PM

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I use the fram version of those in my 2011 and my wifes 08 pathy. I would get the mildew smell every once in a while but not since I switched to these.

Mods: Custom Rock Sliders, LegitLED interior/bed lights and 55watt HID Hella 500s, Magellan 9055 nav bezel, backup camera, remote start, 2*advance, Goodolsen grounding kit, 100w hellaFF, complete sound deadening, RC UCA, 5100's middle setting, 1.5" front spacer, 1.5" rear spacer, DIY Window Tint.
The Following User Says Thank You to smon For This Useful Post:
slade-titan (11-13-2012)
#11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 02:11 PM

Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,180 Posts
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

May have to order a set soon, my AC smells bad occassionally.

*SOCAL~TITAN*

2010 CC 2WD SE, Keystone Dual Ram Air Hood, 20" RBP 94R Wheels, 33X12.50R20 Toyo OC MTs, CST 4" Spindles, ICON Dynamics Coilovers (Top hats flipped), DirtKing UCA's, Bilstein 5125's (R), CST 3" rear tapered blocks, CST CBDB, MetalWorx Traction bars, 1.25" Bora Bullet Proof wheel adapters (R), PRG endlinks, PWM, Bushwacker Pocket style flares, 4" AirAid MXP CAI, RC-1 Grille w/ custom made Monster emblem, Custom Monster Energy Bezel Kit, Dual in/out Spin Tech exhaust, NFAB Nerf Bars, Spray-in Bedliner, Full LED bulb Swap interior/ exterior, Black Spyder CCFL, Projector headlights, 5000K HID Lows and Fogs, LED Tails and 3rd brake light, Wet Okole seat covers, Weather Tech Digital fit floor liners, .50 cal Stubby, Superchips Cortex programmer, 1800 Watt Kenwood Amp, 2 12" Kenwood Excelon subs.
#12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 10:51 AM

Just an update. I've had these going for about 10 days nowand I have to say that I do not have the smell anymore. It was faint to begin with but none the less. I have run the A/C on recirculate and without the recirculate and no difference that I can tell. I would say at this point I would recommend these to anyone with the A/C odor issue. Fairly cheap and easy solution IMO.

#13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 02:13 PM

I read on here somewhere that if you turn your truck off when AC is running, when restarting it, it will always have an odor. It's been true in my case, my '09 was worse but it still caused the odor in my '12
#14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 1,364 Times in 825 Posts
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I use charcoal activated filters as well and they do a great job keeping the wet dog and camping smells at bay.

Total Automotive Performance | Sales@TapAutoParts.com | 702.979.1577 | Las Vegas, NV
TitanTalk members since 06' - Specializing in Nissan Titan Performance
Airaid - Bully Dog - Gibson - BakFlip Covers - WeatherTech - FOX - Bilstein - ICON - AEM - Magnaflow - PML - Mag-Hytec - Rigid Industries - Borla
& much more!!

702-979-1577
sales@tapautoparts.com
Private Message

The Following User Says Thank You to Chas M For This Useful Post:
slade-titan (11-28-2012)

Jump to top