Nissan Titan Forum banner

Switch blade key

10K views 107 replies 20 participants last post by  baseballfanz 
#1 ·
I just got a switch blade key off Ebay. I seen a few other tt members using it and wanted to know where the chip is in the key because I have been told I have to take it out of the key I have....if any one has any info or a thread on here about plz let me know
Thanks lonestar

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#9 ·
I know mine must have the chip inside the dash or something. I am an XE, but i went to lowes and just got a regular key, and had them cut it to shape and it unlocks my truck, starts it and everything. It may just be for the better versions of the truck.

#10 ·
I know mine must have the chip inside the dash or something. I am an XE, but i went to lowes and just got a regular key, and had them cut it to shape and it unlocks my truck, starts it and everything. It may just be for the better versions of the truck.
Your XE doesn't have a chip period.:D

#13 ·
You can get a cheap key off ebay and have it cut/programmed, then pull that chip out so you don't ruin a OEM key. Or search around here for people who have zip tied a OEM key under the dash so the computer reads that chip, allowing you to use a non-chipped key.

Reactions: LoDog1991
#14 ·
I've been thinking about getting one of these. Guess I'm going to look for one that will work on my 2012. I plan on using the valet key, as i dont use it.

#15 · (Edited)
#23 ·
Why can't they just go to tapatalk like everyone else. I uninstalled autoguide because it was garbage! Luckily I have a big enough screen on my S3.

#31 ·
I have had the switch key blade for 4-5 years now with no problems and I have not be gentle with it..

Mine had the chip in it already, I just had to program it to my truck and i took the key to nissan to get it cut. I have an 04' LE

#32 ·
My switch key is gone with the other T. I doubt I'll get another one as the buttons are too high. The switch part worked great and held up even though I was constantly playing with it, but I'd brush my pocket and the truck would lock or unlock. For that reason, I'm just going to stick with the stock fob.

#34 · (Edited)
Look here
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3007844

You shouldn't have to do anything, you take the gut of the OEM FOB you have and transfer it to the new "switch blade" FOB. Unless you buy a totally new FOB, at which time you can program it yourself easily.

how you been Doom? Haven't seen you on here for a while.

#36 ·
#37 ·
Re: Re: Switch blade key

It looks bigger than just having a few keys on a ring. Good idea, it just needs to be on a smaller device. Pocket knife sized.

sent from here

#38 ·
Are they all compatable? As in for a 2004-2005 (case only), is the blade the same as my 2010?

#39 ·
nevermind, Im an idiot.... (read the previous page!!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.