Nissan Titan Forum banner

New 3d Floor Liners from Auto Distributors Direct

10K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  NRA_guy 
#1 · (Edited)
New 3D Floor Liners from Auto Distributors Direct

*I have absolutely no connection with the vendor/manufacturer/etc, just saw these mentioned and was impressed enough to try them*

I have seen a few mentions of these 3D Floor Liners, and a writeup for a different vehicle, though no pics or writeups for the Titan. The floor mats/liners looked like a great product, so I took a chance and ordered them. They are $163 (shipping included) for front/rear set for a Crewcab. I ordered the black color. I have also seen the same mats marketed as Aries 3d floor liners, but the cheapest I have seen are from Auto Distributor Direct, also the Aries branded ones come with a bigger brand emblem, which I am not fond of. On other websites, I have also seen two variations mentioned "classic" which appears to be have a carpet type surface, and "Kagu" which is the style I have with a rubberized texture surface. For clarity's sake here is a link to the exact ones I ordered:http://www.autodistributordirect.co...d-floor-liners-for-nissan-titan-crew-cab-2004

They took about 1.5 weeks to get, as they did not have my particular set in stock. They arrived this morning and I set about cleaning the floors of the Titan, taking a few "before" pics, and then installing the new liners and taking some "after" pics.

I REALLY like these mats, and to cut to the chase, they look like the best floormat or liner out there. I have had the Husky liner in several vehicles, and have seen the rubber type Weathertechs, though I have not had any for a Titan. What makes these so great?

1. Coverage: The coverage of these is awesome, they cover all the way over the edge of the plastic step plate trim, so they should be easily swept off with a whisk broom, without getting anything on the carpet. They also cover the "dead" pedal on the driver side, under the accelerator, and up high along the trans tunnel, on the passenger side they cover up higher in the front near the firewall and the trans tunnel side as well. In the back, they cover a little bit under the front seats, all the way to the outer edges and hug the front seatbelt mechanism, and they go all the way as far back as possible, so if you have the back seats up, they will protect the floor from whatever you set there. In the back they also go over the edge of the plastic step plate trim. They also have a nice lip that should protect from most spills slopping over the edge and getting on the carpet.

2. Materials: I have always liked the Huskys, except the plastic they are made of is slippery on the top surface, and edges can tend to curl with use, These liners have a special type of fabric on the bottom that is VERY non-slip, as described it works kind of like velcro though it is not velcro. Once in place, they would be very hard to get the mat to slip around the floor, due to the fabric backing, as well as the tight tolerance molding to the floor shape. The top of the mat is best described as a rubbery plastic, it feels very non-slip as well, but is hard enough to maintain its shape/contours/texture/etc. (I have not used these yet in wet conditions, just got them this morning...)

3. Price: These seem very reasonably priced for a high quality floor liner, with features that have yet to be matched (as far as I have seen, anyway)

4. Other: These are actually pretty light in weight, but still seem like they will be durable. They look to be easily sprayed off if they get really dirty. The finish/surface of the mat is a nice texture and look very good.

In Summary: Awesome

First pics are of the old OEM floor mats, then showing just the bare carpet of the truck, and finally the new 3D liners (you'll notice I left the paper tags on the new liners, they rip right off, I just wanted to make sure everything fit before I removed them)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Here are pics of the bare floor (gives you an idea/comparison of coverage of the floor liners).

Attachments

#3 · (Edited)
The close up is a pic of the fabric backing of the 3d liners. My factory interior color is charcoal, in case that is not obvious.

Attachments

#4 ·
Waiting for pic 1

#5 ·
'scribing to see the pics...Looking for something exactly like you are describing.

#7 ·
#12 ·
Sweet! Me likey

#13 ·
Hmm, we might have a new floor mat/liner king. Those look sharp.

#14 ·
Dang it. I just finished ordering everything I wanted for my truck, now look what you are making me do! (Ordered today...) My PayPal bill is going to be too much this month. Don't tell wifey!

#16 ·
Re: New 3D Floor Liners from Auto Distributors Direct

Compared to weathertech and husky, they do look a whole lot more awesome. And this one seems to cover those little spots that they don't. However, I noticed that this mat doesn't have much of a edge lip to it especially on the front part of the rear mats. The weathertech and husky has a nice lip that is in the front and an the edges next to the door. Even with that tiny lip on this one, if liquid was spilled it would run either towards the toward or directly under the front seats. I still have to stick with what I got because they have saved my carpet from juice and oil stains. But this liner looks amazing i do say.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#17 ·
I have the tan interior but wonder if the black mats would look stupid. I had tan mats in another car and they showed wear and dirt badly

#18 ·
Received and installed yesterday. Extremely happy.

#19 ·
Orderd a set today. How long did it take to get yours?

#20 ·
Ordered on 4/25 and received on 5/1. So about 6 days with a weekend in between. You'll probably get yours next Wednesday be my guess, but of course, SC is further than Texas :)

#21 ·
I just ordered these and received them and can say I am not happy with them. The material just seems very cheap and the bump on the driver's side mat does not match up to the "hook" which holds the factory mats in place. It's off by about 3 inches. I have emailed this company a few times with absolutely no response as of yet. There is no phone number listed.

#22 ·
Re: New 3D Floor Liners from Auto Distributors Direct

Yes the "bump"does not line up with the hook. You can just remove the hook, as it is not needed. I should have mentioned that in my original post. The mat is held in place by the backing/friction as well as the all around fit. I have not had to adjust the mats at all in the several weeks I have owned them. While they are light in weight, they do not seem "cheap" to me at all.
As an update, they have held up very well to a family of five, and are easily swept off with a "foxtail" whisk broom. Haven't had much rain/mud to comment on that yet.

#23 ·
My bumps lined up? No issues. You have to move it around some to get it in place, but no issues on my 2012.

#25 ·
I assumed the "bumps" were for the later model year mat retainers. Like I said above, I find no need for a retainer and have had no problems since removing mine to put in the 3D Liners, which have remained in place, exactly where I put them, when I installed the mats several weeks and a thousand miles ago. Another nice thing I have found is that the drivers mat covers everywhere that my feet normally come in contact with the carpet when seated, it covers the dead pedal area and behind/around the accelerator pedal area and up the side where my foot usually rubs while on the accelerator. Only issue I have is one of the molded "humps" on the rear mat which would prevent liquid from spilling over the edge, is not as fully formed as it was probably intended.

#26 · (Edited)
Recently got these. I was a little weary based on ryany79's post above, but I have to say they are great - much better than I expected.

#27 ·
I was looking to get some all weather mats weathertech or husky for the factory ones on ebay that says titan on there.. is the top of these 3ds one rubber or is it like a fiber could your rise them off with a hose if needed?

#29 ·
Its slightly rubbery, so your feet do not slip on it like the Huskys I have had, but they do not hold onto the dirt, I usually use a whisk broom and they clean off very well, then every once in a while I will pull them out and spray them down with a hose, after that they look like new again.

#28 ·
It's a tacky rubber, the best I can describe it is kind of like a woven fiber patter. I do not like the weather techs and Huskies b/c they are hard plastic with no tactile grip. The one thing I do not like about these is they do not have deep grooves to hold water and dirt. That said, I still like them more than my deep groove rubber floor mats, and the clean up really well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.