Nissan Titan Forum banner

Rigid Dually's in your Factory Fog Light housings

62K views 157 replies 46 participants last post by  sport74 
#1 · (Edited)
Want to spice it up and ADD a set of Rigid Industries Dually's in your stock Fog Light Housings? I chose Rigid Industries for their reputation, customer service and their quality of the product.

My Truck 2006 Nissan Titan LE with Factory Fog Lights

Stock Lights with HID Kit

Backside of Stock Lights

8mm Socket and gently push your lights out.

Backside of the light housing

Frontside of the light housing

A quick ride to Home Depot to pick up these 1/2" Fender Washers (Stainless) for .98 cents + tax. to mount this into your stock housings. No cutting or other modification needed to install these lights.

A Quick Call to Rigid Industries using their #800 to ask them about wiring this into my factory harness/switch and it is COMPLETELY OK!! I cut the ends of and left about 18" in length, cut off the factory connectors and crimped on these onto the wire harness.

Zip Ties are your friends!!! Tucked up and away, long enough for slack and in case i need to alter anything.

Backside installed using a 1/2" Socket, Stainless washer, supplied washer, lock washer and 1/2" bolt.

Fits Like a it's supposed to be there! Well sorta. Who would of thought a square light fits inside a round opening? I think this upgrade is worth the mod!!

Quickly snap these Rigid Yellow Light Covers for them Foggy Nights! This is PURE JDM Yo!

NIGHT SHOTS!!!!! as with everyone who takes night shots it doesn't do ANY justice to the naked eye! This was taken with the headlights OFF and JUST the RIGID Duallys

BOTH Sides

Driver Side

Passenger Side

Standing from the driverside door above the roof

I'm running DDM Tuning Plug-N-Play 35w HID 5k. If you compare the to the Rigids the light output is more WHITER and MORE focused. I'm sure if i put projectors in the headlight housings you'll quickly see the intended light and where it should be.

Installation was pretty easy and straight forward. To cut and splice into my factory harness was pretty easy with the right tools.

Tools Used:
8mm socket & Rachet
1/2" open end
Wire cutters
Crimpers
Zip Ties
2 fender washers from Home Depot

If you don't have factory fog lights or wish to use the supplied wire harness and switch from Rigid it will take a little longer to route the wires and mount the illuminated switch.

Trying to make is easy for everyone:

Light Chart for the Dually's

This IS THE MOD you've been waiting for! It's affordable, something you can do yourself, much BETTER light output compared to the stock lights, even with a Plug-N-Play HID kit. These Rigid Lights are perfect in EVERY WAY! BRIGHT Light output more focused than ANY other light on the market and they are Made in the USA! If you have any questions let us know. If you need more than a set of lights we can give you a better package price.

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
So, is this a complete kit? Meaning, does it come with everything I need. I have an 2008 SE that did not come with fog lights.

#10 · (Edited)
But with these are a MUST have! Lol

So, is this a complete kit: Meaning, does it come with everything I need. I have an 2008 SE that did not come with fog lights.

Pop the Black cover off the fog light section to see if it looks like this...

If it does.. then you should be good to GO!!

BTW, it comes with everything you need, i.e. wiring harness into the cab with an illuminated toggle switch.

Any front output pics. Wondering if the can be run without blinding oncoming drivers.
I choose the FLOOD because i wanted AREA light because i wanted my headlights to be the main focus of the light. I aimed them down so hopefully i won't blind oncoming cars, I drove around with them and so far so GOOD, Rigid also makes the Dually HD's, the Duallys i have has 4 LEDS, the HD's have 6 and double the output. I really wanted these so i can fill in the area of light that the reg. headlight doesn't reach.

Also, the mount that holds the light is pretty straight. So the only adjustment is done is with UP/DOWN, no left/right needed.

This is with ME, standing in front of the Grill, the lights are straight. The center just over laps.

I need to change my 5K HID's to match the LED's.
View from the top driverside:

#8 ·
Any front output pics. Wondering if the can be run without blinding oncoming drivers.

#9 ·
This thread is really lighting up the forum....

Sorry guys, had to.

#11 ·
Can you post a pic of the switch? Does it fit in the dash knock-out?

#14 ·
#15 · (Edited)
love this mod. just ordered mine. thanks mike.

Reactions: LVTAP
#17 ·
Thanks!!!

Here are the specs for BOTH the Dually & the Dually HD's.

Will they fit the Fog Light opening? YES! the dimensions are exactly the same but instead of 2 x 2 LEDs it has 3 x 3 LEDs. The light covers fit BOTH lights.

I wanted a bright enough light that if i pointed them down i can still use them on the street. (still a bit too bright). The HD's is double the light output so i didn't want to take a chance. I could put a set of tinted covers over the HD's but that would defeat the purpose. It's NO fun if i couldn't use them as I never go off road. Better alternative to HID's in the stock housings as that is what i just took off. The light is more focused rather than scattered and the Light Color is pure WHITE. Don't get me wrong. HID's look great! but without a projector the light pattern is all over the place. These Dually's are precise and put the light exactly where you want it.

Features:

Patented Hybrid Optics
10° Spot Pattern
50,000+ Hr LED Lifespan
Instant On / Off - No Warm Up
RoHS Compliant
Over / Under Voltage Protection
Cast Aluminum Housing
Durable Polycarbonate Lens
Integrated Thermal Managament
GORE® Pressure Equalizing Vent
Designed, Engineered, &
Assembled in the USA

Sealed Deutsch Connector

Specifications:

Watts: 20
Amp Draw: 1.45
LED's: 4
Raw Lumens: 1568
Lux @ 10m: 490.0
Beam Distance: 442.7 m
Peak Beam Intensity: 49,000 cd

Features:

Patented Specter Optics
50,000+ Hr LED Lifespan
Instant On / Off - No Warm Up
RoHS Compliant
Over / Under Voltage Protection
Cast Aluminum Housing
Durable Polycarbonate Lens
Integrated Thermal Managament
GORE® Pressure Equalizing Vent
Designed, Engineered, &
Assembled in the USA

Sealed Deutsch Connector

Specifications:

Watts: 34.5
Amp Draw: 2.50
LED's: 6
Raw Lumens: 3030
Lux @ 10m: 206.1
Beam Distance: 287.1 m
Peak Beam Intensity: 20,612 cd

#26 ·
#81 ·
#30 ·
Just ordered as set! Can't wait to install them. I was getting tired of my HID's constantly melting my fog lenses!

#31 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.