Nissan Titan Forum banner

No engine cover on "S" model, True or BS?

7K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Herc 
#1 ·
Hi guy'n gals,

Looking under the hood of my 2014 Titan yesterday, and I realized that it did not have the engine cover, so I called the dealer and his response was "The S model does not come with one", I thought I would check here to see if this was really true or just a dealer line to keep me quiet.

Steve

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
but looks like they have the grommet and bracket for the cover.

Reactions: beachside321
#4 ·
#5 ·
Well I will have to look into taking off the brackets then, it will look better and be even some weight savings to further upgrade it :laugh: I just thought it strange to have the brackets and grommets but no cover, but if it is an improvement I will just go with it.

#6 ·
#10 ·
100k titans a year sold is a wish from Nissan. Most dealerships around here are slashing prices like crazy to sell them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#11 ·
LOL.... I took mine off with in the first week I owned the titan when it was new. My view is if it does not have a purpose why have it? Don't give a crap about my engine bay looking pretty! Function over form is my view on things.

#12 ·
Ya the S models don't come with the cover. I opened mine up when I was buying my truck and I complained and said put one in of I'm walking lol I ended up plasti dipping it to add some color in the bay

#13 ·
Anyone wanting to ditch theirs... 08 and up feel free to send it my way.

painting mine was one of the most fun things I've done to my truck so far:devil: Vehicle Auto part Engine Car Automotive engine part
Vehicle Engine Motor vehicle Auto part Orange

#14 ·
Could be worse..
Back in the 70's and 80's the big three base model trucks did not even come with a rear bumper unless you opted for it... I know, I am showing my age with that comment :big_grin:.

#15 ·
Thanks, I actually remember that as well.

#16 ·
I went and looked at new Titans ... was a bit disappointed. I am a firm believer that "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" and I liked the dashboard the way it is in my 2007 - flat above the radio with a built in "holder" - good place to put my GPS.

The new ones come with a "round rise" in that place and no place to put the GPS ..... still driving the 2007

#17 ·
The base "S" model with column shift still has a place for the GPS, see where I put the Sat radio.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.