Nissan Titan Forum banner

Is 3" of lift AND a decent ride possible with extended travel Radflos?

779 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  MSrockyblue 
#1 ·
I've searched all over the web and can't find the exact answer. I want to put my 2" spacer or a 1.5 spacer and use the shocks' preload to do the rest. [I would use a taller spacer, to get the preload down, if possible.] I even emailed Greg at PRG and never got anything back. The problem I think I'm going to run into is the extended travel shock being longer than stock and since it offers the most travel, putting stress on the axles, etc, at or before full extension. I don't offroad all the time but I don't want to worry, if I ever go on some gnarly trails. I know the shock itself will safely give 2.5" but that's loaded all the way and I would like to at least keep the ride I have, now. Any thoughts?:computern

#2 ·
[Crickets chirping] Anyone?

#3 ·
If they are the extended travel coilovers, they are going to give you more lift than the regular ones. That being said, a spacer is cheap. I would say try the 1.5" spacer and if it doesn't work someone on here will buy it up in a heart beat. I would not go any bigger, because you will have CBC. The ride will be plush with the 1.5" and low preload anyway.

Personally, I say no spacer. I have a 1.5" on my fox's with 1" of preload and get slight CBC, but I'm also running RC arms. I'll be taking it down to 1" of preload once my Pro Comp lift gets here to HOPEFULLY alleviate the issue. These coilovers really aren't meant to add a spacer with, and there are a ton of variables when you add one on top. The reason no one has really answered is....because nobody really does it. You get coilovers to have a plush ride on and off road and the ability to gain a little height. Stacking things on top of it really defeat the purpose. Even with the larger lifts. I know I'm kinda going against what I'm saying by doing it anyway, but I guess stupid is as stupid does and I'll never learn. But, that being said, I would eight nix the spacer, or max it at 1.5". Worst case is it doesn't work, you're screwed, you live with it, and recoop the 30 bucks you spent on a spacer or so by selling it here.

#4 ·
Yeah, I figured it hadn't been done, that much. I will get a 1.5 spacer and hopefully get the height/ride that I want. If not, I guess I'll just get some bilsteins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.