Nissan Titan Forum banner

Ecu reset after manifold?

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  05XETIT 
#1 ·
Long story short my manifolds cracked a few months ago and I fixed them...It's now saying I'm running rich on one side, should I have gotten my ecu reset after the install? I don't know if that'd have anything to do with my manifold replacement or not

No their not factory manifolds I did what I could do at the time and went with pacesetters...I know it wasn't the best and long tubes and b pipes through Cajun is the way to go

#2 ·
You're likely running lean or rich and need a tune. I wouldn't rag on it.

#4 · (Edited)
Well it was on one side...It's throwing p0172 and p0175 now along with p0430 if that has anything to do with it

You're likely running lean or rich and need a tune. I wouldn't rag on it.
Could the dealership do a reset/tune or would I have to go somewhere else?

#6 ·
The cats are new they came with the manifold, I just changed the passenger o2 sensor but not the drivers, I do have an exhaust leak in the middle of the y pipe but I don't think that'd mess with anything

How much would a tune be if you did it? I live in Sweetwater tx so more then likely I'd have to ship you the computer wouldn't I?

#8 ·
I live in Sweetwater tx so more then likely I'd have to ship you the computer wouldn't I?
No need to ship me the ECU, we handle everything over email, you get an OBD2-USB reflash cable so you can upload tunes to the ECU, as well as record datalogs while driving around that you send to me so I can see how the tune needs adjusting

#7 ·
He emails you the tune. And then you follow the instructions on uprev website. It's cake.

An exhaust leak can cause a CEL. I had one during my b pipe install because of a leak.

#9 ·
So you think maybe if I got a cai it'd lean it out enough it'd be ok? Maybe the previous owner had one and tuned it and just took it off when he got rid of the truck? Just an idea...it runs fine unless I drive it for longer then 30 minutes then it starts acting funny

Would an exhaust leak in the y pipe would cause it to act up to?

#11 ·
For my own edification, is the AFR value displayed in the Torque app reliable for this kind of diagnosis? I don't have a proble!m, but just wondering for those of us who are still stock with no problems, when we see a CEL and the code is one of these infamous exhaust/O2 sensor codes, can the data from Torque be used to properly diagnose and trace down the specific problem?

If it can, the OP could spend $20 on the Bluetooth adapter and Torque app and at least be able to provide some better info to help diagnose. On the other hand, if Torque is not reliable, that would be good knowledge as well. My assumption is its getting the same info Cipher or Consult would get, but you know what happens when we assume!

#13 ·
Did you have the SES light before you swapped out the manifolds?

#15 ·
I had the light but it wasn't the running rich codes it was mainly o2 sensors, catalyst, and an evap code until I changed the manifolds and they all went away and now it's running rich on banks 1 and 2 and a bank 2 catalyst

#14 ·
Coolant temperature: 171
ST FTRM1: -25.0
LT FTRM1: -20.3
ST FTRM2: -25.0
LT FTRM2: -20.3
MAF: 1.7
02S11: .315V -25.0%
02S12: .720V N/A%
02S21: .620V -23.4%
02S22: .020V N/A%

02S22 is bouncing from .010-.750 everything else is remaining pretty consistent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.