Nissan Titan Forum banner

Halo Ring Install

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  wildcats09 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how difficult it is to install the halo projector rings that don't already come in a headlight? Was looking at getting some and was wondering how difficult the install is.

#2 ·
Just the rings or projectors+rings?

#4 ·
The retrofit source has switchback (turn signals and white) or RGB rings and strips if you want something custom, or led concepts has an RGB kit that is decent. I don't know if Depo brand lights are different, but the led concepts kit did not fit very well.

For just the halos you need to take the headlight apart: http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...ht-mod-painting-inner-housing-our-lights.html

Then get the rings/strips you want, plan where they're going to go because you have to cut/drill a hole in the shroud for the wires to go through, glue/tie them down, run the wires out the back, put the headlights back together. Most LED's only need 12V+ and ground -, switchbacks will have to tap into the turn signal.

The Retrofit Source Inc has a lot of good information on it.

It's not overly difficult, you just have to be patient and careful with the lenses. I have some haziness and a few scratches on the inside of one of mine. Slightly visible when the headlights are clean and you know what you're looking for.

Reactions: Montag
#5 ·
just the rings

#7 ·
I placed my inside one against the hi beam shroud and if I had gone with led concepts I would have placed the larger one against the back of the shroud using it as the reference to line it up. Here's what I did to mine. That inside halo would need to be 115mm to fit exactly around the shroud and led concepts gave me a 100mm one that fell inside the hole. I think the larger halo would need to be 125 to be exact but you'll get a 130mm ring and just hide the top of it a bit.

Attachments

Reactions: Montag
#9 ·
Spyder is ok quality and the CCFL rings aren't that bright. I wanted something unique, and I was originally going to put projectors in but didn't have the money to do it. Messing with my truck is one of my favorite hobbies as well, so I didn't see it as work.

#11 ·
Any halo you buy from theretrofit source will vastly out shine any halo from other aftermarket halos or projectors with halos in them. The kits from TRS are like a 300% upgrade from regular hid PNP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.