Nissan Titan Forum banner

Wiper Cowl Weather Strip

23K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  JLG7820 
#1 · (Edited)
After 8 years the weather strip between my wiper cowl and windshield has bitten the dust. A car ran through a puddle and threw up a lot of water on the windshield and it snapped the strip right in half. I know the cowl is 2 pieces, but I can't remember if the strip is also 2 pieces. I've narrowed it down to these 2 parts, any help on figuring out the right one?

EXTENSION PANEL SEAL | Genuine Nissan | 66832-7S000

SEAL | Genuine Nissan | 66830-7S000

I'm fairly certain it's the first link (668327) since the second one looks like it is the one that is under the hood.

#4 ·
I thought about caulk, but I remove my cowls every couple years or so and repaint them. I'd have to peel the caulk off and replace it every time.

#3 ·
Good thread does anyone have the exact part number for that piece . I destroyed mine at the car wash as well. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Update on this: Talked to TASCA and they said 66832-7S000 is the correct # for the weather strip. I'll order one and see how it goes.

#10 ·
Thanks

#12 ·
I pulled my cowl off a few days ago to paint it and the wiper arms, mine was 2 pieces but could have just been broke lol.

What real purpose does that weatherstrip do though? Whats the worse that could happen without it? etch the glass in a place you never see anyway?

#15 ·
Scratch the glass, but also provides a barrier between water/debris getting down into the engine bay in the wrong places.

#13 ·
$26 shipped on eBay

#16 ·
66832 is not the right part number. Just got mine yesterday and it was a small foam strip with adhesive backing. I'm gonna be on vacation soon, but I guess I'll run to Nissan when I get back to see if they can tell me what it is. I looked yesterday and it appears I've lost the entire driver side strip since it broke a couple weeks ago.

#17 ·
This is a helpful thread... I need to replace mine also. So, which is the correct part number? I also need to replace my cowls (holes from hail storm a few months back...) I was going to repair the plastic, but may just find someone parting out a titan instead...

Are the cowls the same for all the Titans (2004-2015)? Having a hard time finding that out...

#18 ·
After I got that first strip in I haven't had time to go to the dealer to figure out the right one. I've been meaning to so hopefully one of these weekends where I'm not busy.

#20 ·
Well that sucks. Thanks for checking. I may just cut the foam strip I got in half and see if I can attach it so it provides a barrier. Nearly all of the strip has broken off mine now.

#21 ·
After mine came apart after I bed lined my cowl. I took an old wiper place and shaved the rubber to make it fit under the cowl. My wife hot glued it to keep it air tight under the cowl and you can't see it. Looks pretty good. I will snap some pics after we get done trick or treating ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.