Nissan Titan Forum banner

HID's & lifted Titans

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Paskell 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I did a little bit of research but did come up with what I was looking for? For those who have lifted Titans whether 4-9" of lift with HID's are you guys blinding people whether sitting/driving behind or oncoming traffic flashing their high beams at you? Ill be ordering some Black Head Lights next week and it's between the For Twin CCFL Halo LED Titan Armada Projector Headlights Blk Head Lights Set | eBay

Or these 6000K HID Xenon Blk LED Halo Projector Headlights Signal Fit 04-15 Titan/Armada

I know I know they're eBay's but I don't have the downtime required for the DIY headlight mod lol! I will be sealing these up with some sealant as I've read condensation issues with some eBay lights. But for the time being I'm gonna use these but didn't know if I should stick with the CCFL light or the HID lights as both are pretty close in price? It would be sweet to have the HID's but wasn't sure if it'll be too bright especially sitting on a 8-9" lift. Appreciate your guys input! :devil:

See less See more
#2 ·
Definitely adjust your headlights down.

#3 · (Edited)
#4 ·
I ran HID's for 4 years before my retro fits, I was never flashed by anyone while running them. Yes you can adjust your headlights so the beam is lower. There is an adjuster right behind and at the top of the housing, little white plastic nut 10mm.

#6 ·
honestly i think it depends on the other people driving some just are not aware of what type of lights vehicles have. for example. i have retrofit projectors my cutoff is below a cars mirror at a good distance. never into their back windows. and i constantly get flashed. i find from watching other vehicles with projectors that they move with the vehicle so small bumps can quickly flash another vehicle. i also always got flashed running HIDs in the stock refelctors. even aimed lower. im sure they figure it out now that my projectors were on low when i flash them back.

Reactions: LSturbointeg
#7 ·
Thanks for everyone's input! I know I said I'll avoid the HID's but I may end up going that way. Seems like the only benefit for the CCFL's are the brighter halo's which I really don't care for

#8 ·
make sure you buy good ballasts if you cheap out your light output will not be good. also recommend a harness

Reactions: LSturbointeg
#9 ·
LS..with my titan I have hids plus 4 3" pods on at all times. I get all the light I need. Was behind a cop the other night and turns out were were going to same place lol anyways he asked me about the truck and how much light it actually puts out. He said that it wasn't that blinding at all and mine aren't adjusted down much. The pods had the 4d lense also. I've never been flashed except for onece on a back road..that car found out the true meaning of blinding light with my 30" 4d in her face.. but I've been running them forawhile without issues or complaints.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

#11 ·
That looks so menacing bro! :eek_surprise::devil: but you don't drive with the 30" on right except for off roads? What xxxxk's are your HID's? And how are those 37's holding up? Did you have to do any more cutting on the fender trim?

#14 ·
Surprised that cop didn't ticket you for the lights. In most states you can only have 4 lights on at once (hence why our fogs turn off with the high beams) and almost all led pods and bars are for "off road use only".

Not saying you can't get away with it. Aszholes here drive with their bars on all the time, blinding everyone within 200 feet of them.

#16 ·
i guess it all depends on the Cops or State Troopers

#18 ·
im very suprised you get away with driving with your cubes on. maybe the state not sure how the laws are down there. ive been pulled over 3 times in canada for my XDRL morimoto retrofit fog lights.. they are pretty bright but they cant tell they arnt stock so nothing comes of it.

#19 ·
Gonna RTV Sealant my lights you guys. do you also seal around where the bulbs plug into or just around the lens housing?

#20 ·
like just basic hid bulbs? same as halogens i just left them. you could buy a 100mm rubber boot for it that people use for projectors etc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.