UPREV Help, Rom questions - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Performance Modifications Install a new part and cant wait to tell us about it? Great! We'd love to hear about it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,219 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MilenkoGT
UPREV Help, Rom questions

Hey guys,

I finally got my UPREV Cipher Cable today and here is what Jared@uprev told me before I ordered my Cable since I had Relentless RPM do an ECU Reflash/dynotune.

Here is what jared stated and is what my cable has...

"Just buy a Cipher cable through our online store. After you make the order, send an email to Hope@uprev.com and tell her that you need the cable to be licensed for Osiris, but with no flash license on the cable since your license is already on your ECU.
When you get the cable you will be able to use Cipher to data log and Osiris to reflash since you already have a flash license on your ECU. "

Ok, what does this mean, and how can I tell if UPREV did this or not?

Also, how do I get my ROM off my Titan's ECU in order to send it to DANBLP (BEN) for him to Tune my titan with my datalogs.

AND...can someone provide an Updated version of what parameters are needed to datalog, the Uprev User Guide has them listed but my listed parameters on Cipher are worded differently.

Btw I did the Wideband conversion and my ECU is licensed to my cable etc...I can only do the following on the Cipher main screen under "Tools":
-Connect to Vehicle
-Retrieve and Clear Trouble Codes
-Monitor and Record ECU Parameters
-BCM Functions
-Monitor and Record ABS parameters
-Clear learned fuel settings
-Adjust Ethanol Mixture Ratio

The above tools are the only ones I can use. The rest aren't able for me to select.

Btw, I downloaded the Osiris uploader and all updates from UPREV's website and my cable was recognized "ECU is Ready" for me to load custom ROM tunes. However the "Flash ECU" and "DUMP Ecu" buttons weren't able to select, I guess b/c I didn't have a tune loaded into the top box for flashing.

So gurus, what do I need to do from here to get tunes from Danblp or Randy...

Thank you guys, and I have been searching, and have read the Cipher and most of the OSIRIS manual (which is kinda confusing).

2008.5 Titan SE CC FFV 'Smoke'

UPREV J19K Tuning/LP mod/IAT Resistor Mod

Intake:
Proprietor of MGT90 Intake Manifold Project!
ported LS7 TB, Custom 4'' CAI with Ram air mod

Exhaust: DTLTs, CAJUN B-pipes 2.5'' catless mandrel SS
CAJUN 2.5''/3.5'' Merge Y kit, Borla XR1, Vibrant Bottle Reso, DC Sports Resonated Tip, dumped before axle.

Driveline: Transgo HD2, TruCool SR4588 with Bypass mod, PML trans pan, 3.36 gear with TruTrac
Nfabworks T-Bars. KMC 20x10 -24 offset wearing Cooper Zeon LTZ 305/50/20, R1 concepts front slotted rotors.

Dyno results

BEFORE 354rwhp/414rwtq

AFTER MGT90 Manifold & LS7 ported TB install

377rwhp/432rwtq

MGT90 manifold and LS7 TB setup gains

23rwhp/17rwtq!!!

TEAM VK56
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Supporting Vendor

iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Re: UPREV Help, Rom questions

Load cable manager and plug the cable into your computer, check if osiris standard is enabled. That is what you need to flash the ecu. You can't download the tuned rom file from your ecu, you will have to get a copy of it from the tuner, he can email it to you.
#3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 09:15 PM

Thanked 1,143 Times in 587 Posts
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

I had to deal with this since I was originally dyno tuned so here goes...

If cipher and osiris is reading your ECU w/ no error messages then I believe it was setup licensed for osiris.

You can't get your ROM thru Osiris, you must have Relentless email you your original ROM.

About the parameters, I was missing AFR 1 & 2 in the parameter list so I emailed Jared and he asked what ECU# I have. I think I retrieved this info thru cipher or my ROM file, I can't remember. Soon after he asked me to run the uprev software update and after that AFR 1 & 2 where listed in the parameters. The parameters aren't a match word for word between cipher and the instructions but it's close, you'll figure it out.

Bolt-Ons|UpRev|TrueTrac

Photos of the Titan
#4 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 09:18 PM

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

You can find your ECU part numer though cipher.

StarvinMarvinWhore™
~ UPREV Tuned ~ JBA Shorty Headers ~ Banks Exhaust
~ Volant CAI ~
~ DDM 6k HID's Lows and Fogs ~
~ 2 American Bass XFL 10's ~ Soundstream Rubicon 2500D Mono Block ~
2/0g Wiring ~ 4g AUX Grounding Kit ~ Custom SD_Titan Ported Box ~
~ SD_Titan 2in Seat Lift ~
~ Spring Tech Lowering Shackles ~ Blacked-Out Foose Spank 6 22's ~ 305/40/22 Nitto 420's ~
~ SD_Titan Headlight Mod ~ Grill Mod ~ JB Premium LED Reverse Lights ~

"Down with the Supreme Leader, Down with the Supreme Leader!"- Aladeen
#5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 09:30 PM

Thanked 1,264 Times in 703 Posts
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostaF View Post
I had to deal with this since I was originally dyno tuned so here goes...

If cipher and osiris is reading your ECU w/ no error messages then I believe it was setup licensed for osiris.

You can't get your ROM thru Osiris, you must have Relentless email you your original ROM.

About the parameters, I was missing AFR 1 & 2 in the parameter list so I emailed Jared and he asked what ECU# I have. I think I retrieved this info thru cipher or my ROM file, I can't remember. Soon after he asked me to run the uprev software update and after that AFR 1 & 2 where listed in the parameters. The parameters aren't a match word for word between cipher and the instructions but it's close, you'll figure it out.
There should be enough guys out here with a ROM that is compatible for yours I would imagine. I have an 06 so that wouldn't work for you and VVT, you need to find someone that has that ROM with that p/n out there, a base ROM that is. When you connect with the cable it will run through and tell you what your p/n is I think, have to plug mine up tomorrow and see for sure.

2006 Titan SE CC Granite, ,Uprev Tuned , JWT S7/S2 cams, 07 manifold, FT90mm, 170 Thermostat, AirRaid MXP 4", Long TruCool Trans Cooler, Big Tow, Stillen BBK w/stainless lines all around, 20" KMC Brodie 671 wheels, Active Tuning Kit, Axle Vent Mod, Mag-Hytec rear diff cover ,True Trac, Armada front spoiler,and Cowl painted. Nismo stripe kit. Katzkins leather interior. Nismo Headers (temporarily removed), Koyo Rad, PRT 304 SS High Flow catless B-pipes, PRT all 304 SS Custom Y 2.5" to 3" w/Borla and dual 2.5" side exits w/Resonated tips, Stillen front sway bar w/PRG links, StillTime 35mm bushings w/billet mounts, PRG mini lift, Bilstein 5100's, PML trans pan w/guage set in Lo-tek pod.

All times Pre-cams
1/4 Best 14.318 @94.53 in 1408 DA FST
Previous 14.485 @ 93.17 in 2497 DA in FST
1/8 Best 9.138 @75.28 in 1004 DA in FST.
Previous 9.157 @74.60 in 1886 DA in FST.
60 ft Best 2.039 in 1886 DA in FST.
Previous 2.054 in 2497 DA FST

Great parts list by BBF, had to post it also.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...FJrLAteCAHEBFA
#6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 09:43 PM

Thanked 1,143 Times in 587 Posts
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sftail1990 View Post
There should be enough guys out here with a ROM that is compatible for yours I would imagine. I have an 06 so that wouldn't work for you and VVT, you need to find someone that has that ROM with that p/n out there, a base ROM that is.
Has this been confirmed? Jared said the ROMs are encrypted. Maybe there's a difference in the ROMs if you're e-tuned vs dyno tuned.

Bolt-Ons|UpRev|TrueTrac

Photos of the Titan
#7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 02:45 AM
Premium User

Garage

Thanks guys, Im going to call relentless Rpm tomorrow and see if I can get ahold of my ROM. By the way I don't have cruise control since I went from 2.93s to the Big Tow 3.36 gears... I mean it works until 55mph after that, it stops working until I shut the truck on and off again. BTW this doesn't affect Uprev Map switching. Just wondering if you guys knew the fix for the cruise control issue.

Intake:

CAJUN 2.5''/3.5'' Merge Y kit, Borla XR1, Vibrant Bottle Reso, DC Sports Resonated Tip, dumped before axle.

Driveline: Transgo HD2, TruCool SR4588 with Bypass mod, PML trans pan, 3.36 gear with TruTrac
Nfabworks T-Bars. KMC 20x10 -24 offset wearing Cooper Zeon LTZ 305/50/20, R1 concepts front slotted rotors.

Dyno results

BEFORE 354rwhp/414rwtq

377rwhp/432rwtq

23rwhp/17rwtq!!!

TEAM VK56
#8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 02:59 AM

Thanked 2,917 Times in 1,459 Posts
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilenkoGT View Post
Thanks guys, Im going to call relentless Rpm tomorrow and see if I can get ahold of my ROM. By the way I don't have cruise control since I went from 2.93s to the Big Tow 3.36 gears... I mean it works until 55mph after that, it stops working until I shut the truck on and off again. BTW this doesn't affect Uprev Map switching. Just wondering if you guys knew the fix for the cruise control issue.
What did you do with the 2.93s?

2006 4X4 SE, 3.36 GEARS (GODZILLA TITAN)
Performance Mods:
4" PROTO4 CAI
07 Intake Manifold
Doug Thorley LT's
2.5"/3" Y Pipe Exhaust
E85 Uprev Tuned
170* Nissan Thermostat
Flex A Lite 4500 CFM Efan
IAT Resistor Mod
Throttle Body Bypass
Street Belt (Short Belt)

60' 1.85
1/8 8.65 @ 78.7 MPH
1/4 13.63 @ 97.8 MPH
#9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 07:28 AM

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilenkoGT View Post
YOU need a 3.36 ROM.....to get cruise control back bro. Did that one on many trucks after doing the original 2.94-3.36 gear swap. Be sure to get your ECU number year and factory options listed when requesting a new ROM from UpRev if you bought from UpRev.

Once you have a firm idea of the software and ROM editor you can pull data off the flashed ROM manually (if not locked)....MAjor PITA but it can be done just in case you cant get the ROM from Relentless. Easiest and most professional way is to get the original flash...but its really of more of the fuel mapping your most concerned with since you will need to have that 2.94 ROM mapped to a 3.36.

Randy
UpRev PROtuner etune@uprev.com
International Racing Club VK56
'04 CC LE White Born on date 01/04, Tundra convert
MODS: PGM 90mm Throttle Body, Custom PGM Throttle Body Spacer, RB Custom Ram Air, RB 170 Thermostat, Volant G1 CAI, Stillen Headers, RB Custom B-Pipe w/Cats in line, Custom Banks Exhaust, Father of Titan UpRev Tunes, JWT Cams, Detroit TruTrac LSD, N20, lol First to 100MPH NA 1/4mile, 1.80 60ft on street tires.

Link to 13.90 @ 100MPH NA FST (full street trim) video:
http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l8...390MyTitan.mp4 and this one
http://s93.photobucket.com/user/hous...8_001.mp4.html
The Following User Says Thank You to RB's Titan For This Useful Post:
MilenkoGT (04-18-2012)
#10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Premium User

Garage

I sold the 2.93 rear axle assembly (complete), it wasn't a gear change, it was a whole rear end swap to an 05 that had tru trac installed. At that time 2 years ago I thought my 08 and newer titans wouldn't accept tru trac without an earlier rear end installed.

I'm going to try and get my ROM from Relentless first, i mean i've lived without cruise control ever since i had the rear end swapped (over 2 years ago), so its really not that big of a deal to have it... I just want to be able to reflash my truck with datalogs thru RB or Danblp lol, I need a ECONOMY map sooo bad and my other maps need the line pressure mod revised (Danblp has one I want) and my performance maps need a big revision.

Intake:

Dyno results

BEFORE 354rwhp/414rwtq

377rwhp/432rwtq

23rwhp/17rwtq!!!

TEAM VK56
#11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Premium User

Thanked 1,020 Times in 538 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to VinylImagez Send a message via Yahoo to VinylImagez

I told you

"LA CALDERA"

Titan LE 06'
Performance Mods
Nismo Headers
Airaid MXP CAI
Uprev-Custom Tune By DanBlp
Jim Wolf S7/S2 Cams
True Dual Exhaust with Bullets
Stillen B pipes (there off my truck, I got the CAJUN'S on Now)
CSF Racing Radiator
perma-cool e-fans
FT90mm (ex-relentless rpm 90mm user)
Level Ten Tranny
Heavily Modified 08' Intake manifold, with a 90MM neck to accept 90mm LS7 DBW TB, internal runners were shorten, ported and polished,Home Made Mod aka PBMIM (uninstalled)
Truetrac/stock gears
Stillen Supercharger/uprev tuned, 725cc Injector Dynamics, 255 Walbro Fuel Pump, 27"x7'x3.5' Heat Exchanger, Jabsco Pump, 5.6 Gallon Icebox (still working the bugs out)
RC Traction Bars
Laser Interceptor Dual Front Sensors

Interior
Q-56 Cluster, Autometer Boost Guage

Exterior
Stock Wheels/285/60/18 Primewell PZ900
Hoosier Drag Slicks For The Track

Austin UpRev Dyno #'s 415rwhp 427tq
#12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Premium User

Garage

Alright, well I just talked to Chris the tuner at Relentless RPM and he is sending me my ROM in a few minutes. Finally!

Btw, can someone give me a quick rundown of what parameters I need to log? Hopefully we can make this thread a sticky, b/c i'm sure a lot of Uprev new users will benefit from reading these above posts.

Intake:

Dyno results

BEFORE 354rwhp/414rwtq

377rwhp/432rwtq

23rwhp/17rwtq!!!

TEAM VK56
#13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Premium User

Garage

Thank you Gil, I took your word for it! lol I just had to make sure I understood what UPREV did to my cable and if they did it or not. Regarding the statement Jared@uprev said before sending my cable.

Intake:

Dyno results

BEFORE 354rwhp/414rwtq

377rwhp/432rwtq

23rwhp/17rwtq!!!

TEAM VK56
#14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Premium User

Garage

K well I received my ROM, can't open it of course since I don't have ROM editor, but I sent it to DanBlp. Randy (RB) I was wondering if I could send it to you to look it over for me?

You could PM your email or my email is Milenkogt@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Intake:

Dyno results

BEFORE 354rwhp/414rwtq

377rwhp/432rwtq

23rwhp/17rwtq!!!

TEAM VK56
#15 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Supporting Vendor

iTrader Score: 58 reviews

You should upgrade that cable to tuner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top