Nissan Titan Forum banner

Pacesetter headers

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  cjoh101 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I can get my hands on a pair of pacesetter headers for cheap. Question is, what does it take to install these things? Do I need to weld flanges or will I have to get new cats? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

#2 ·
The pacesetter has a 3inch collector and will have to have flanges welded on them to adapt to the bpipes. Steveo would be a guy to pm about this as he ran into this problem not long ago. I made him some flanges so he could have the exhaust shop weld them to his pacesetters but can't remember how it all turned out.

#3 ·
Doesn't PS make extensions too? Their offroad extensions. I know most of the pics and stuff show unflanged collectors but I spoke to pace setter an they said they come with flanges. Maybe he was blowin smoke. Idk.

Sent from my REAL iPhone 7 given to me before uncle Stevie died using El Autoguide 10.6 :)

#5 ·
Doubt youre saving cash if u get the extensions. I they're like $180. I remember seeing the LT's with extensions for 4and sum change. As a package deal. Obx LT's in the 390 range but ready to roll.

Sent from my REAL iPhone 7 given to me before uncle Stevie died using El Autoguide 10.6 :)

Reactions: nightowl
#10 ·
#8 ·
For some reason I can't copy and paste but the obx long tubes for nissan titan all years are the same. They are direct bolt on with no other fabrication required.

#11 ·
I asked pacesetter about this and here is the response:

Long tube headers are meant to delete the converters. Our headers do not have flanges. they are a slip-fit collector so this gives you some flexibility to what you can do.....We do offer "off-road" extensions, which will mate the long tube headers to the rear portion of the exhaust. If you would like to retain the converters a "custom" set up will have to be used. Either by fabricating a extension pipe with a cat or using our extensions modified to fit a cat.

Hope it helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.