UpRev for Dummies? - Page 26 - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Performance Modifications Install a new part and cant wait to tell us about it? Great! We'd love to hear about it in here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
#376 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member
 
MilenkoGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 4,969
Thanks: 2,063
Thanked 4,413 Times in 2,274 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MilenkoGT
Re: UpRev for Dummies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HemiRam View Post
Last I checked NONE of them are capable of running with a good running Grand National with its 1980s era ECM. Then lets not forget the TPI, LT1, and LS1 stuff that progressed from the early stuff.
Speaking of "stuff that progressed from the early stuff '' is the incessant babbling you are so fond to post about irrelevant $hit. lol.

2008.5 Titan SE CC FFV 'Smoke'

UPREV J19K Tuning/LP mod/IAT Resistor Mod

Intake:
Proprietor of MGT90 Intake Manifold Project!
ported LS7 TB, Custom 4'' CAI with Ram air mod

Exhaust: DTLTs, CAJUN B-pipes 2.5'' catless mandrel SS
CAJUN 2.5''/3.5'' Merge Y kit, Borla XR1, Vibrant Bottle Reso, DC Sports Resonated Tip, dumped before axle.

Driveline: Transgo HD2, TruCool SR4588 with Bypass mod, PML trans pan, 3.36 gear with TruTrac
Nfabworks T-Bars. KMC 20x10 -24 offset wearing Cooper Zeon LTZ 305/50/20, R1 concepts front slotted rotors.



Dyno results

BEFORE 354rwhp/414rwtq

AFTER MGT90 Manifold & LS7 ported TB install

377rwhp/432rwtq


MGT90 manifold and LS7 TB setup gains

23rwhp/17rwtq!!!

TEAM VK56
MilenkoGT is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#377 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 09:31 PM
Registered User
 
senseibuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 365
Thanks: 12
Thanked 122 Times in 76 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
'The easiest way to force a reset that I know of that actually works to wipe everything is the Key/Accelerator pedal method'

What is this procedure?


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App



2006 Titan LE CrewCab 4x4
Factory: RF, Utilitrac Bed System, Big Tow, Under rear seat storage, other junk...
Mods: JBA LT Header (AJUSA), CajunBPipes w Cats(Nightowl), BullyDog GT (TAP), Brake Controller, Catchit Floor Mats, BullBar, Billet Grilles, Axle Vent Mod, Synthetic Oils, New Front diff Seal, Bilstiens up front on the middle perch
ToDo List: CAI, LED Light Kits, New Radio System
senseibuddy is offline  
#378 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 09:53 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member
 
StormTroopin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 17,722
Thanks: 2,219
Thanked 6,315 Times in 4,294 Posts
iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by senseibuddy View Post
'The easiest way to force a reset that I know of that actually works to wipe everything is the Key/Accelerator pedal method'

What is this procedure?


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Pretty sure that's a reference to the ECU reset. Google "Nissan titan ECU reset" and there will be a link for a TT thread.


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

MeatBeaterWhore™ TwinTwit #1 "The Big O" Maverick!
GO DUCKS!
StormTroopin is offline  
#379 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 10:16 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member
 
jbowles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montgomery, Alabama
Posts: 5,150
Thanks: 4,559
Thanked 2,943 Times in 1,708 Posts
iTrader Score: 35 reviews
jbowles is offline  
#380 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 10:31 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member
 
jbowles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montgomery, Alabama
Posts: 5,150
Thanks: 4,559
Thanked 2,943 Times in 1,708 Posts
iTrader Score: 35 reviews
Double post, I know.... But this thread needs some revival. There have been at least three T's ('10 and newer) suffering from assorted codes and limp mode. 06Hemi, GalaxyPro411, and one of us from OKC. All have different mods, similar symptoms, and a commonality of Uprev. There has to be something going on with these ROM's and the newer ECU's. Maybe you guys can exchange ROM's and figure it out? I know at least two of you have Uprev Tuner, that should help. If anything, it could potentially help several others who are purchasing Uprev that may run into the same issues. Isn't that what this forum is all about?


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
jbowles is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbowles For This Useful Post:
97lowazznissan (01-01-2013), Dallas_Titan (01-02-2013)
#381 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 06:18 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member
 
layer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 10,777
Thanks: 1,597
Thanked 1,677 Times in 1,213 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
I had something very similar when I first started tuning with Jared. Turned out the tune was being corrupted when being being saved.
Have you flashed your stock rom back on to see if it clears?


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App



08.5 SE CC, 4x4, Smoke
My Garage
Link to my Mod's
layer1 is offline  
#382 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Euless, Texas
Posts: 3,378
Thanks: 387
Thanked 794 Times in 566 Posts
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Re: UpRev for Dummies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbowles View Post
Double post, I know.... But this thread needs some revival. There have been at least three T's ('10 and newer) suffering from assorted codes and limp mode. 06Hemi, GalaxyPro411, and one of us from OKC. All have different mods, similar symptoms, and a commonality of Uprev. There has to be something going on with these ROM's and the newer ECU's. Maybe you guys can exchange ROM's and figure it out? I know at least two of you have Uprev Tuner, that should help. If anything, it could potentially help several others who are purchasing Uprev that may run into the same issues. Isn't that what this forum is all about? :]
My Titan will not see Uprev until the throttle control issue is fixed. Its something in the Base Rom that cannot be seen on the tuner package. Its something Uprev is going to have to look through thousands of lines of code to figure out therefore are uninterested in doing it.
06HemiRam is offline  
#383 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 10:04 AM
Registered User
 
trevorkavanaugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 638
Thanks: 410
Thanked 246 Times in 158 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Re: UpRev for Dummies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HemiRam View Post
My Titan will not see Uprev until the throttle control issue is fixed. Its something in the Base Rom that cannot be seen on the tuner package. Its something Uprev is going to have to look through thousands of lines of code to figure out therefore are uninterested in doing it.
Yeah seems like not getting uprev has saved you a lot of trouble o.O
trevorkavanaugh is offline  
#384 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member
 
goree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Yukon, OK
Posts: 4,332
Thanks: 1,059
Thanked 1,283 Times in 852 Posts
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Re: UpRev for Dummies?

So my Uprev experience (Guy from OKC with same issue)

Originially, I had RB provide me with my original tune. Everything ran fine, however coming back from the track, I was running a buddy, red lined, and it went into some what of limp mode. I was still able to go up to 2K RPM's, but that was it. I pulled over at Mc D's, killed the truck, talked with the 7 guys following, got back in the truck and started it up and it ran fine. I still had SES light, ABS, and SLIP light, but it would actually go. I spoke with Randy and we done some testing. I could only reproduce the issue in Performance 91 map, none of the others seemed to do it. He done what he does best and sent me another rom. After applying rom, the issue had been resolved and all was well.

I have since, added the FT90 and applied the rom from danblp. All was well and then I started seeing a similar issue. The issue now, pretty much same codes, but I'm able to drive, as long as I stay under 2100 rpm's. I can get as fast as my truck will go, under 2100 rpm's in D, however it takes me til Christmas to get there. I have been able to reset and make the issue happen when usually hitting high rpm's or at first noticed it happening when getting on the turnpike and setting cruise in 4th at 75mph. (I ride around in 4th in town and sometimes forget to put in D, when getting on turnpike ) So I will take the cruise off, put in D, then try to get speed back up and set cruise. It will have a little cut out, drop from throttle response and bam, codes return. I have contacted danblp and he advised I was suffering from 2 issues, wire connections and bad MAF sensor. He suggested going back over wire connections, taking my time and having the best most insulation, as this is imperative to the TB voltage, and also cleaning the MAF sensor, letting it completely dry, then reinstall. I have done as he requested. Wires are soldered from wire insulation to wire insulation, no wires showing what so ever, wrapped with heat shrink and then wrapped with electrical tape, and then I taped the wire harness plastic piece back up. Instead of cleaning MAF sensor, I have swapped a buddy for his MAF sensor. Issue still resides. I'm in contact and waiting to see if danblp can assist. Since I was having kinda the same issue with RB's first tune, I figured I would see if he could assist. Unfortunately, he didn't want to get into it, as he is the maker of PGM. danblp has been very helpful and I hope he can get me squared away. I wanna run the FT90, but the wifey is liable to castrate me, if I can't fix it. She doesn't know I have FT90 and we went long distance over the holidays and she was flipping out. This is dangerous and you could have a wreck. WTF do you keep messing with stuff for, this is a 2010 and you shouldn't be having issues, just take it to the dealer, have them fix and stop messing with it. It's not something that would cause me to have a wreck and I can pull over, kill the truck, let it sit for 5-10 minutes, and start it back up, until it throws it again. We had to do that 3 times driving 100miles.
I'm not sure what the deal is, but the FT90's that are running in OKC seem to be pre-2010, so does anyone with FT90 have 2010+?? I know jbowles had similar issue, but after he reapplied his FT90 rom, his seems to be resolved . If we can't figure it out, guess someone will be the lucky winner of a FT90/LS7 TB.

2010 Nissan Titan 4x4 SE CrewCab
Heavy Metal Chrome Edition

goree is offline  
#385 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Euless, Texas
Posts: 3,378
Thanks: 387
Thanked 794 Times in 566 Posts
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Re: UpRev for Dummies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorkavanaugh View Post
Yeah seems like not getting uprev has saved you a lot of trouble o.O
Not sure what you are getting at, because I do own Uprev, its just not going to find its way back on my truck until its issues are fixed. In my scenario it is downright dangerous to drive the truck with Uprev on it.

I had considered a PSC-1 before even buying the Uprev tuner stuff, but got talked out of it, you know how it goes. Now I have gone full circle back to what I was going to work with in the first place.
06HemiRam is offline  
#386 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member
 
GalaxyPro4X11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver Island B.C, Canada
Posts: 1,110
Thanks: 776
Thanked 352 Times in 242 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by goree View Post
So my Uprev experience (Guy from OKC with same issue)

Originially, I had RB provide me with my original tune. Everything ran fine, however coming back from the track, I was running a buddy, red lined, and it went into some what of limp mode. I was still able to go up to 2K RPM's, but that was it. I pulled over at Mc D's, killed the truck, talked with the 7 guys following, got back in the truck and started it up and it ran fine. I still had SES light, ABS, and SLIP light, but it would actually go. I spoke with Randy and we done some testing. I could only reproduce the issue in Performance 91 map, none of the others seemed to do it. He done what he does best and sent me another rom. After applying rom, the issue had been resolved and all was well.

I have since, added the FT90 and applied the rom from danblp. All was well and then I started seeing a similar issue. The issue now, pretty much same codes, but I'm able to drive, as long as I stay under 2100 rpm's. I can get as fast as my truck will go, under 2100 rpm's in D, however it takes me til Christmas to get there. I have been able to reset and make the issue happen when usually hitting high rpm's or at first noticed it happening when getting on the turnpike and setting cruise in 4th at 75mph. (I ride around in 4th in town and sometimes forget to put in D, when getting on turnpike ) So I will take the cruise off, put in D, then try to get speed back up and set cruise. It will have a little cut out, drop from throttle response and bam, codes return. I have contacted danblp and he advised I was suffering from 2 issues, wire connections and bad MAF sensor. He suggested going back over wire connections, taking my time and having the best most insulation, as this is imperative to the TB voltage, and also cleaning the MAF sensor, letting it completely dry, then reinstall. I have done as he requested. Wires are soldered from wire insulation to wire insulation, no wires showing what so ever, wrapped with heat shrink and then wrapped with electrical tape, and then I taped the wire harness plastic piece back up. Instead of cleaning MAF sensor, I have swapped a buddy for his MAF sensor. Issue still resides. I'm in contact and waiting to see if danblp can assist. Since I was having kinda the same issue with RB's first tune, I figured I would see if he could assist. Unfortunately, he didn't want to get into it, as he is the maker of PGM. danblp has been very helpful and I hope he can get me squared away. I wanna run the FT90, but the wifey is liable to castrate me, if I can't fix it. She doesn't know I have FT90 and we went long distance over the holidays and she was flipping out. This is dangerous and you could have a wreck. WTF do you keep messing with stuff for, this is a 2010 and you shouldn't be having issues, just take it to the dealer, have them fix and stop messing with it. It's not something that would cause me to have a wreck and I can pull over, kill the truck, let it sit for 5-10 minutes, and start it back up, until it throws it again. We had to do that 3 times driving 100miles.
I'm not sure what the deal is, but the FT90's that are running in OKC seem to be pre-2010, so does anyone with FT90 have 2010+?? I know jbowles had similar issue, but after he reapplied his FT90 rom, his seems to be resolved . If we can't figure it out, guess someone will be the lucky winner of a FT90/LS7 TB.
What you describe is exactly what happens with my truck. I'm not tuned yet but I do have the base rom installed to get the wot restriction off


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Performance mods:
UPREV tuned by RB's Titan, MXP CAI, PRT 2.5 Catless Bpipes, 2.5-3 inch FM Y Pipe - aero chamber muffler. TB bypass, RP performance dual Efan kit. Waiting on PRT nismo clone headers. Have the FT90 kit just need install also Reaper chip for next summer.
Fastest 0-60 before headers 6.04

Suspension mods:
So far just bilstien 5100's on the middle perch, billet aluminum swaybar mounts from Stilltime.
Have PRG off-road traction bars needing install
Stock rims with 33-12.5R18 toyo mud terrains

Future Mods:
Level 10 trans when warranty runs out
6-8 inch lift with 35-37 inch tires. (Maybe)
Cams an hopefully a different intake mani.
4 inch Cold air intake
GalaxyPro4X11 is offline  
#387 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Registered User
 
josh19k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Shreveport, La
Posts: 779
Thanks: 451
Thanked 946 Times in 409 Posts
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Re: UpRev for Dummies?

Wow... IMO this is some serious sh*t. I hope you guys can get the attention of Uprev and get this figured out. I know that the issues described on this one page would have stopped me from buying Uprev.

09 Silver Titan SE CC 2wd FFV

Mods: Uprev, JBA LT Headers, Cajun 2.5" resonated b-pipes, Cajun 2.5"-3" Y pipe, Dynomax VT muffler, Vibrant UQ resonator, Airaid MPX 4" CAI, RP Performance stage 2 e-fan, Truetrac with 2.94 gears, Burnout mod, Rough Country Traction Bars, PRG adjustable shackles, OEM 20s powdercoated satin black, General Grabber UHP 275/55r20s, Power Stop Evolution rotors and pads, Helwig rear sway bar, 2 10" Polk MM1040 subs in a custom box with a Rockford 300.1, 20% tint all around.

13.624@99.63, 1.923 60ft, 650 DA, 5000 lbs--->Slip--->Vid
josh19k is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to josh19k For This Useful Post:
06HemiRam (01-02-2013), 97lowazznissan (01-02-2013)
#388 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member
 
jbowles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montgomery, Alabama
Posts: 5,150
Thanks: 4,559
Thanked 2,943 Times in 1,708 Posts
iTrader Score: 35 reviews
For the record, I had a brain fart and loaded the wrong ROM without the FT90 adjustment. I don't want folks to think they can just reflash and go. This problem is a growing pain for the newer T's that Uprev needs to address for sure. I suppose its punishment for the VVT. lol! j/k, good luck to you fellas.


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
jbowles is offline  
#389 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member
 
GalaxyPro4X11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver Island B.C, Canada
Posts: 1,110
Thanks: 776
Thanked 352 Times in 242 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Yea it doesn't happen Everytime that's the weird thing.
Anyway can you guys refresh my memory on what parameters I need to data log? UpRev for Dummies?-imageuploadedbyautoguide1357175674.200811.jpg

Was just checking my afr's a few mins ago, since I changed the exhaust an their nowhere near 12.6. Steady 10.25?


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Performance mods:
UPREV tuned by RB's Titan, MXP CAI, PRT 2.5 Catless Bpipes, 2.5-3 inch FM Y Pipe - aero chamber muffler. TB bypass, RP performance dual Efan kit. Waiting on PRT nismo clone headers. Have the FT90 kit just need install also Reaper chip for next summer.
Fastest 0-60 before headers 6.04

Suspension mods:
So far just bilstien 5100's on the middle perch, billet aluminum swaybar mounts from Stilltime.
Have PRG off-road traction bars needing install
Stock rims with 33-12.5R18 toyo mud terrains

Future Mods:
Level 10 trans when warranty runs out
6-8 inch lift with 35-37 inch tires. (Maybe)
Cams an hopefully a different intake mani.
4 inch Cold air intake
GalaxyPro4X11 is offline  
#390 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member
 
jbowles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montgomery, Alabama
Posts: 5,150
Thanks: 4,559
Thanked 2,943 Times in 1,708 Posts
iTrader Score: 35 reviews
I keep this handy in the ol' phone. 10's are pretty rich huh? And they don't move at all....kinda weird. On my logs, they jump around quite a bit.




Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
jbowles is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbowles For This Useful Post:
gweasel77 (01-03-2013), RB's Titan (02-25-2013)
Reply

Jump to top


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uploading for Dummies terryu1 Titan Pictures & Media Post 895 10-17-2014 11:00 PM
Custom B Pipes?? (For Dummies) bestatchess Titan Performance Modifications 11 10-25-2009 02:38 PM
dealership dummies make08faster Titan Parts & Accessories 2 01-19-2009 10:32 AM
Internet Forums for Dummies AgTitan06 Off-Topic Discussion 1 03-29-2007 10:11 PM
Burning Mp3's for Dummies Bayou Titan Off-Topic Discussion 2 12-31-2004 09:38 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On