Need new exhaust - Page 2 - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Performance Modifications Install a new part and cant wait to tell us about it? Great! We'd love to hear about it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 08:03 AM

Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,595 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Re: Need new exhaust

Trust us you will love the jba catback. As for the volume level in the video you posted, don't forget that on the highway you aren't going to be flooring it. Also the description doesn't say whether or not any windows are down. I have heard this exhaust in person and it is very tame.

2006 Radiant Silver 4x4 CC LE

Performance: JBA 6400S Long Tube Headers, Cajun 2.5" Reso B Pipes, 2.5" to 3.0" CAJUN Y Pipe, TAP Auto Mid Pipe, Borla XR1 16" 40944, Gibson Side Swept Tail Pipe, Spectre 4" Reso Tip, Vibrant UQ Reso, Uprev Tuned by Seymore4 at CAJUN and K&N Drop In Filter
Suspension: NCD 2" Leveling kit and PRG cam bolts
Wheels: Fuel Boost 18x9" with 20mm offset, 275/70-18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
Audio: DSS Ethos 15" sub, Mbquart1 Custom Harness, Precision Power BK1800.1D, Sky High Audio 1/0 gauge ofc wiring
Misc: Full Interior/Exterior LED's Plus Super Reverse 2.0 Lights From LegitLED, TonnoPro TriFold Tonneau Cover, Cajun Axle Vent

Future Mods: Light Bar, Bilstein 5100's
The Following User Says Thank You to osiris10012 For This Useful Post:
nightowl (11-16-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Ok I ordered the exhaust last week ($335 shipped from AutoAnything - they had a discount for orders over $150).

Now I want to make sure I have all the parts I need for when it comes in next week.

I think I need 4x bolts for the cats, 2x gaskets for the cats, as well as some "better" clamps. I say that last part because people were not happy with the clamps that were included. Should I get stainless steel band clamps? I intend to have it welded (unless I don't have to) so factor that in the equation.

Also, what size bolts do I get? Are those and the gaskets dealer only items?

Thanks!

2007 Armada LE - It's like a Titan with a trunk!
post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 09:43 AM

Garage

The only thing you should need is new flange gaskets for where your catback and b pipes bolt together, I highly recommend getting the oem metal gaskets(part number: 20692-A60001). Other than that the catback you ordered will have all the hardware you will need. You will just reuse the b pipe nuts, the b pipes have studs in them.

Performance: JBA 6400S Long Tube Headers, Cajun 2.5" Reso B Pipes, 2.5" to 3.0" CAJUN Y Pipe, TAP Auto Mid Pipe, Borla XR1 16" 40944, Gibson Side Swept Tail Pipe, Spectre 4" Reso Tip, Vibrant UQ Reso, Uprev Tuned by Seymore4 at CAJUN and K&N Drop In Filter
Audio: DSS Ethos 15" sub, Mbquart1 Custom Harness, Precision Power BK1800.1D, Sky High Audio 1/0 gauge ofc wiring
Misc: Full Interior/Exterior LED's Plus Super Reverse 2.0 Lights From LegitLED, TonnoPro TriFold Tonneau Cover, Cajun Axle Vent

Last edited by osiris10012; 11-19-2012 at 09:46 AM.
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 09:46 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 3,353 Times in 2,031 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 116 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by spta97 View Post
Ok I ordered the exhaust last week ($335 shipped from AutoAnything - they had a discount for orders over $150).

Now I want to make sure I have all the parts I need for when it comes in next week.

I think I need 4x bolts for the cats, 2x gaskets for the cats, as well as some "better" clamps. I say that last part because people were not happy with the clamps that were included. Should I get stainless steel band clamps? I intend to have it welded (unless I don't have to) so factor that in the equation.

Also, what size bolts do I get? Are those and the gaskets dealer only items?

Thanks!
I would install the system and then when everything fits and your satisfied with the tone have it welded. I wouldnt waste money on expensive clamps. Just use anti seize on all the threads for easy removal. Nissan Gaskets for the flanges #20692-65j00 is what you want from the dealer, should be about $9 each so dont let the stealership rape you. Shouldnt need any bolts as the oem bpipes have studs.

YOUR CRACKED MANIFOLD ONE STOP SHOP

-CUSTOM BPIPES
-JBA HEADERS
-JBA CATBACK
-AXLE VENT KITS
-2.5" CAJUN Y PIPES
-VIBRANT ULTRAQUIET RESONATORS
-CUSTOM TUNING "NO DYNO NEEDED"

http://www.cajunbpipes.com
UPREV INFO-CAJUNTUNING@GMAIL.COM
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiris10012 View Post
The only thing you should need is new flange gaskets for where your catback and b pipes bolt together, I highly recommend getting the oem metal gaskets(part number: 20692-A60001). Other than that the catback you ordered will have all the hardware you will need. You will just reuse the b pipe nuts, the b pipes have studs in them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl View Post
I would install the system and then when everything fits and your satisfied with the tone have it welded. I wouldnt waste money on expensive clamps. Just use anti seize on all the threads for easy removal. Nissan Gaskets for the flanges #20692-65j00 is what you want from the dealer, should be about $9 each so dont let the stealership rape you. Shouldnt need any bolts as the oem bpipes have studs.
Thanks for the replies. I hope that the nuts on the b-pipes aren't rusted too bad and snap otherwise I'll resuse them.

Which part number is correct here? Or are you talking about two different parts?

I took a look under there this weekend and it seems the flange off the muffler completely separated. The reason I never noticed is it is after the exhaust exits the muffler. I did notice an exhaust smell in the cabin which I guess wasn't my imagination. Not to mention I was getting way tired everytime I drove the truck. I'm really surprised that the OEM exhaust rusted out so bad after only 65k.

As a patch job until I get the exhaust in (should be in next week), I wrapped the broken flanges with Peal and Seal - it is a roofing material (often used as sound deadening) that has a tar backing. It sealed it up nicely after using the heat gun but I took a look at it just today and the tar is dripping down like an icecream cone on a summer day

I am just trying to prevent exhaust gasses from coming inside the cabin, as well as prevent the entire tail pipe section from falling off. I just need two weeks out of it so I'm open to any better ideas. The flange has separated from the muffler so it's not a clean break.

Thanks!

post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 3,353 Times in 2,031 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 116 reviews

20692-65j00 is what I order them under. Just ask for the flange gasket at the rear of the mid pipe. Its football shaped and metal.

YOUR CRACKED MANIFOLD ONE STOP SHOP

-CUSTOM BPIPES
-JBA HEADERS
-JBA CATBACK
-AXLE VENT KITS
-2.5" CAJUN Y PIPES
-VIBRANT ULTRAQUIET RESONATORS
-CUSTOM TUNING "NO DYNO NEEDED"

http://www.cajunbpipes.com
UPREV INFO-CAJUNTUNING@GMAIL.COM
The Following User Says Thank You to nightowl For This Useful Post:
spta97 (11-28-2012)
post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I'll pop by the dealer tomorrow and see what I can get.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 11:34 PM

Garage

Sorry I accidentally typed out the incorrect part number. The one night owl posted is the correct one.

post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Ok so I got all the parts at the dealership and was ready to do the install this coming weekend. I get an email from auto anything saying that the ship date has been delayed to 12/14.

So now I'm trying to patch the exhaust until I get my new one. The flange that attaches The muffler to the tailpipe has rusted off (causing the tail pipe to droop). Last night I wrapped it with the muffler tape and it seems to be holding (although still leaking).

It got me thinking, what If I were to cut the flange off and clamp on a sleeve? Would that be sufficient to repair this permanently? The rest of the exhaust seems to be in good shape. Or will doing this just delay the inevitable? Not trying to be cheap but if I can save money I'm all for it as I can still cancel the order.

Thoughts?

post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spta97 View Post
Ok so I got all the parts at the dealership and was ready to do the install this coming weekend. I get an email from auto anything saying that the ship date has been delayed to 12/14.

So now I'm trying to patch the exhaust until I get my new one. The flange that attaches The muffler to the tailpipe has rusted off (causing the tail pipe to droop). Last night I wrapped it with the muffler tape and it seems to be holding (although still leaking).

It got me thinking, what If I were to cut the flange off and clamp on a sleeve? Would that be sufficient to repair this permanently? The rest of the exhaust seems to be in good shape. Or will doing this just delay the inevitable? Not trying to be cheap but if I can save money I'm all for it as I can still cancel the order.

Thoughts?

What is Auto Anything saying is on back order? I know the JBA Titan exhaust is not as I ordered one for my brother yesterday and I called JBA before ordering and they had 35+ in stock and ready to ship.
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 11:30 AM

the JBA is a nice exhaust...

We have the lowest prices on Titan performance & accessories.

Bilstein HD & 5100 Shock Price CANNOT be beat.

We are here for you! Contact us today with price matches, product inquires, and general information!

M-F 8AM-5PM PST
Sat 9-1PM PST
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Seems that the Titan and Armada have different part numbers:

Armada: 40-1405
Titan: 40-1400

The Armada part is the one on back order. When I called AA they said that when this happens it usually means the manufacturer has them on back order or the warehouse might have had the wrong quantity or sold what they had before my order came in.

I got the pipe sleeve at the auto parts store today. What are your thoughts on cutting the flange and using clamps to repair it?

post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 1,396 Times in 847 Posts

JBA makes a great sounding system. Check out this thread as well - Proven EXHAUST thread by night owl******

Total Automotive Performance | Sales@TotalAutomotiveperformance.net | 702.979.1577 | Las Vegas, NV
TitanTalk members since 06' - Specializing in Nissan Titan Performance
Airaid - Bully Dog - Gibson - BakFlip Covers - WeatherTech - FOX - Bilstein - ICON - AEM - Magnaflow - PML - Mag-Hytec - Rigid Industries - Borla
& much more!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Chas M For This Useful Post:
nightowl (11-27-2012)
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Ok so I kinda talked myself out of not getting the exhaust as I am sure something else would fail on it eventually.

I used this muffler tape with activator goo and it seems to be holding the flange and pipe together for now. Granted, it is still leaking but at least it hasn't fallen off. If it falls off before the JBA gets here I'll use the sleeve.

post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Finally Got It

My exhaust finally arrived on Friday so I had it installed yesterday as the weather was getting too cold and rainy to do it myself.

Overall I love it. The exhaust has a deep throaty growl and sounds great at start up and when accellerating.

My only issue is an in cabin drone from 1500-2000 RPMs. I will live with it for a week and if I can't stand it get the UQ Resonator.

Here is a vid that gives comparision of my stock exhaust to the JBA catback:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spta97 For This Useful Post:
nightowl (12-30-2012), osiris10012 (12-30-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top