New Mod! - Page 8 - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Performance Modifications Install a new part and cant wait to tell us about it? Great! We'd love to hear about it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#106 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 12:17 AM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: New Mod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HemiRam View Post
You are putting words in my mouth that were never said in the manner you are saying. Well last I checked if I am paying money and they are being produced I am having a set made for me, so lay off my case. Climb back under your rock and hope that Uprev works for you, because I am not going to tell you or anyone for that matter how to make a PSC-1 work on a Titan any longer.

I have a generic OBDII interface and logging software that makes tuning 100x easier than the crappy Cipher logging as well.
ok ill bite -

whats your involvement with the nismo clones besides putting a $300 deposit down like the other 9 of us? how are you "working on getting your headers created"? seems as if corky has been doing all the legwork and "working" on getting OUR headers created. again, you say chit implying one thing, but leave out certain details until someone calls you out on it and then you play dumb.

uprev works great for me by the way. i could care less about making a PSC-1 work on a titan. why dont you sell the tuner version and get your money back if its such a crappy product? you could use the moolah to see a psychiatrist.
The Following User Says Thank You to tempdon For This Useful Post:
pcg_k25 (01-01-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#107 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 07:17 AM

Thanked 1,228 Times in 772 Posts
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Racing View Post
woah...... I'm calling bull**** on those 60 foot times sir, we have a 10 second drag car that cuts around a 1.92 60 foot time. so either your truck makes a lot of torque and no ponies or you're dead wrong, maybe you read your time slip wrong?
Not defending anyone on this thread, But do your home work before posting about info you have not researched.

I have multiple 60' times in the 1.8's, best two are 1.81, these are not flukes and every once in a while. If the track prep is there, 1.8's on every pass, and have several slips and witnesses to prove it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to titanss For This Useful Post:
06HemiRam (01-01-2013), BBtruck (01-01-2013), gweasel77 (01-03-2013), honda250xtitan (01-01-2013), scdude37 (01-09-2013)
#108 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 10:30 AM

Thanked 3,376 Times in 2,495 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Lmfao at the guy who called bs on the 60 times. And the "no low end power they make high end power". Titans are low end beasts. Wtf lol.

And useless off topic bashing isn't doing anyone any good. If you don't like what he posts don't open his thread? Lol

2011 White CC pro4x
Flowmaster Y
Gibson Muffler/ 3" tail pipe/ 5" black tip
Airaid MXP 4" Intake
PRG UCA's
Bilstein 5100's Middle Perch/2" spacer
PRG Camber Bolts
Homemade Traction Bars
Fuel Boost 18x9
Toyo Open Country ATII 325-60-18
BORA 1.25 Wheel Adapters/ Pinch Weld Mod
Weathertech Floor Mats

Traded In: 06 KingCab 4x4
6" ProComp, Bilsteins 5100's, 08 4x4 coils, PRG UCA's, Banks CatBack, Nismo Cai, Superchips Cortex, Custom Bumper, 35's on 18's
The Following User Says Thank You to honda250xtitan For This Useful Post:
BBtruck (01-01-2013)
#109 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Banned

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda250xtitan View Post
Lmfao at the guy who called bs on the 60 times. And the "no low end power they make high end power". Titans are low end beasts. Wtf lol.

And useless off topic bashing isn't doing anyone any good. If you don't like what he posts don't open his thread? Lol

I thought that was funny too, but as for the topic bashing its very uncalled for. I am working on a $200 method to adjust the air/fuel ratio of a truck that is already canned tune. Not only is it dyno tuneable it is adjustable by the end user. Something that would run you $700.00 with Uprev if you can even make it run correctly on your truck.
#110 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Banned

As for trying to steal PRT, Steve and Corky's thunder, hardly. I have never seen this person posting, I'd almost put money on it being one of the nadodge guys joined up to merely bash on me. I bet he doesn't even own a Titan much less have $300 down on one of the headers. I really appreciate what Corky and Steve have done and what they are doing. I will also be the first to say, I have supported the effort the whole time. I picked up a set of the catted B-pipes and the catless B-pipes. We have dyno's of my truck picking up 10 RWHP @ 6,000 with the catted B-pipes. I have also track proven them and tried to post the results here only to further bashing.

Furthermore prior to Corky removing his Nismo headers for the effort, I was actually asked a favor but turned out they needed the headers instead. They were considering using my Titan as the mockup for the prototype header. Steve however knowing what he was spending in fuel, picked up a diesel VW to drive so he had a mockup truck. If you end up needing the truck anyway its available anytime you want it.

Lets not mention I hand delivered Corky the Nissan parts he needed with his truck torn apart on the PRT lift. I wouldn't and don't bat an eye to helping them. If I had not been working, I would have been under Corky's truck helping him with the header un-install and exhaust manifold install. They are quite tedious and time consuming. Work with your hands over your head in 100*F temps for a few hours and you will understand.

Last edited by 06HemiRam; 01-01-2013 at 10:59 AM.
#111 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanss View Post
Not defending anyone on this thread, But do your home work before posting about info you have not researched.

I have multiple 60' times in the 1.8's, best two are 1.81, these are not flukes and every once in a while. If the track prep is there, 1.8's on every pass, and have several slips and witnesses to prove it.
I don't know what he is thinking, but we will never see a truck that pulls like a car on the big end of the track. Frontal area, aerodynamics and weight all work against this. Once we are in 3rd gear we drastically fall off compared to 1st and 2nd gear.
#112 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HemiRam View Post
As for trying to steal PRT, Steve and Corky's thunder, hardly. I have never seen this person posting, I'd almost put money on it being one of the nadodge guys joined up to merely bash on me. I bet he doesn't even own a Titan much less have $300 down on one of the headers. I really appreciate what Corky and Steve have done and what they are doing. I will also be the first to say, I have supported the effort the whole time. I picked up a set of the catted B-pipes and the catless B-pipes. We have dyno's of my truck picking up 10 RWHP @ 6,000 with the catted B-pipes. I have also track proven them and tried to post the results here only to further bashing.

Furthermore prior to Corky removing his Nismo headers for the effort, I was actually asked a favor but turned out they needed the headers instead. They were considering using my Titan as the mockup for the prototype header. Steve however knowing what he was spending in fuel, picked up a diesel VW to drive so he had a mockup truck. If you end up needing the truck anyway its available anytime you want it.

Lets not mention I hand delivered Corky the Nissan parts he needed with his truck torn apart on the PRT lift. I wouldn't and don't bat an eye to helping them. If I had not been working, I would have been under Corky's truck helping him with the header un-install and exhaust manifold install. They are quite tedious and time consuming. Work with your hands over your head in 100*F temps for a few hours and you will understand.
again, more bs. you knew what you were implying. you've got some issues dude, no doubt.

compare my username to the clones list dingdong. focus on something other than you and your truck and maybe you can put 2 and 2 together.
#113 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempdon View Post
again, more bs. you knew what you were implying. you've got some issues dude, no doubt.

compare my username to the clones list dingdong. focus on something other than you and your truck and maybe you can put 2 and 2 together.
Well think what you want IDGAF, I am not worried about you or your $.02. I was there and watched this first hand and I am sure the dyno charts are still in Steve's database. I work at a Nissan dealer so yes, I brought him the gaskets and parts he needed to put it back togather. I am DONE with you. All I can say is try to catch me if you can. The way this thing pulls (****ing flies) I am easily over 310 RWHP and 400 RWTQ on the Mustang Dyno this moment. With exhaust and headers I'll be up around 340 HP on a Mustang dyno. On Steves ultra conservative dyno if I were to go to the Dynojet at Speedtek one of the places my Ram was dyno'd I would put out more in the 350-360 RWHP range and 340 now.

Just an FYI for those that care. The PSC-1 is on the truck and the base map I created using the 0-60 runs from the other day is on. I also used a log that I made on a 90 mile drive to help zero the fuel trims at part-throttle. I only messed with areas that were more than 3% off which suprisingly weren't many. So what does it feel like driving around? Same feel at part throttle, open it up and I fell right around 12.0-12.2 at WOT on the first map. After a little logging I pulled over and reworked the wide open throttle end of the map some more. Took all of 5 minutes. I ended up having to pull about 250 mv off the load signal with the maf reading in the 4.4-4.7 range at 3,500-6,000 rpm. This was a cell value of 9 opposed to the preloaded 10. Its definately making more power now. The ECM is now seeing the MAF voltage in the 4.2-4.5 range at wide open throttle above 4,000 rpm. My MAF went from peaking around 295 down to about 275-280. I'll give it a little time, but it is running very strong.

The thought that these trucks "learn" WOT air/fuel ratio is a joke BTW. I noticed the the fuel compensations are zero'ing out at wide open throttle on my truck and its commanding 12.6 and was reading about 11.5-11.7 prior.

I'll make some Cipher 0-60s after the traffic dies down tonight in the test area. Don't want to draw undue attention to myself making 0-60 runs.

Last edited by 06HemiRam; 01-01-2013 at 02:08 PM.
#114 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 01:49 PM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Dude people are always going to hate on people trying new stuff. If you are in fact trying something new your going about it in the wrong way. Dont post anything. Just do your business and carry on smartly. If it fails o well. And if it works then good job. Why do you keep posting stuff when you know people are going to tag team you? No one cares unless it works.

MODS- Air Raid Mxp, JBA Shorties, 2.5 to 3 in glasspac, Transgo, Level 10 trans upgrade, LP mod, Zex 55-125 nitrous, snow performance stage 3 mpg MAX water meth, Detroit TRUTRAC, UPREV tuned

(old tune)330RWHP
426TQ
The Following User Says Thank You to titantriper06 For This Useful Post:
BBtruck (01-01-2013)
#115 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 6,315 Times in 4,294 Posts
iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by titantriper06 View Post
Dude people are always going to hate on people trying new stuff. If you are in fact trying something new your going about it in the wrong way. Dont post anything. Just do your business and carry on smartly. If it fails o well. And if it works then good job. Why do you keep posting stuff when you know people are going to tag team you? No one cares unless it works.
Most of us don't give a flying f*ck what he does to his truck. It's the constant babble about "how much he knows" and how smart he is, that pisses us off. At least it does for me.

Every thread this guy posts in, he passes his opinion as fact and gets pissy when anyone doesn't agree.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

MeatBeaterWhore™ TwinTwit #1 "The Big O" Maverick!
GO DUCKS!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StormTroopin For This Useful Post:
pcg_k25 (01-01-2013), spoolie (01-01-2013), tempdon (01-01-2013)
#116 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Banned

I am working on getting a few pictures of the install, but here are the results for the moment.

This is with the Hypertech Premium Fuel tuning alone.

This is after the PSC-1, notice the same gear, same speed, IATs within 15*F of each other. Its a little warmer outside tonight and DA is in the -1000 range compared to -1700 the other night.

The AFR average at 5,000 rpm was 11.87:1 prior to the PSC-1 and after the initial map is 12.24. I am going to target a 12.6:1 average for now. At 5,000 rpm the airflow went from 284 gms/sec to 258 gms/sec. Look at the 5.23s 0-60 mph pull in -1,000 DA. In normal DA that will still be a 5.5-5.6s 0-60 .

Last edited by 06HemiRam; 01-01-2013 at 09:23 PM.
#117 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 22,197 Times in 10,660 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

TrainingWheelsWhore™
08 Pro4X
Wife's ride '12 Maxima S Limited Edition
2013 Coachmen Catalina 252RLS
Click here for mods
My Pics

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
― Euripides
#118 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Banned

Here is the installed unit minus the cover, hooked up ready to go. The unit is hooked up to the MAF sensor and #1 injector ground.

Its hard to see a difference in the 0-60 but when you overlay the logs the truck is quicker now than it was from 30-60+. Seat of the pants difference is very noticeable once rolling.

Last edited by 06HemiRam; 01-01-2013 at 10:27 PM.
#119 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanss View Post

Honest mistake. 1.62 60' time not 1.92 ease up kids
The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson Racing For This Useful Post:
06HemiRam (01-01-2013)
#120 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 10:31 PM
Banned

My best guess is 310 HP and 390 TQ to the wheels on the Mustang Dyno at PRT.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top