Nissan Titan Forum banner

weapon x coils

19K views 42 replies 18 participants last post by  Kland 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Any benefit to upgrading our ignition coils? Anyone ever use their products on another vehicle? Skimmed some forums they have pretty good reviews for the most part.

Nissan 02+ 8 Cyl Smart Level 2 EFX2 Direct Fire Super Coil Kit Nissan 02+ 8 Cyl Smart Level 2 EFX2 Direct Fire Super Coil Kit [ICK8902] - $679.99 : WeaponX Performance Products LTD., High Performance Ignition Equipment

Was that you that posted this on FB? I've been wondering for some time now if there was an upgrade like this for our trucks.
I emailed msd awhile back but they just said the demand wasn't there for them to make some for the titan.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#5 ·
Yep didnt really get much input there. If i wasnt in need of new tires id try them out. Even if no performance gains at least they look kind of cool lol.

#3 ·
I wish I had enough coin to see if these babies really work. They look promising. Come on somebody get these and let us know if they do what the description says.

#4 ·
Nice find Don,,,, hope somebody checks these out!

Reactions: tempdon
#7 ·
Posted on weapon x fb page asking for more info/data specific to the vk56 and received this in response -

" unlike a CAI or Exhaust which lowers power output in the bottom and mid range, our coils are one of the few modifications which show a +5 to 10hp gain through the rev range on a stock engine. Most notable differences are in part throttle, throttle transients and cruising due to the fly by wire throttle employed in the Nissan engines. That said, the gains in engine and throttle response are very noticeable. If you need anything else please feel free to email us.
Like · Reply · March 5 at 1:21pm"

Not much but fluff really. I was looking for solid data like dynos, logs etc. This seems more like "assumed" info and tests may not have actually been done on the vk56, speculation on my part. Maybe some of you guys can post up there as well showing interest and we can get some legit info. Hell maybe they'll loan out or cut a good deal if someone wants to do some dyno testing -

https://www.facebook.com/weaponxperformanceprod?fref=ts

For the record I'm in no way affiliated with this company and hope the thread can stay open considering weapon x isn't a forum vendor.

#12 ·
Courtesy wants $92 a coil and name brand at RA are $79 so for 5-10 pony's? I am IN!

Reactions: gonfishin
#11 ·
This is not fully related to the nissans, but when i had my 01 f-150, i started to have coils burn out, so i replaced all of them with accel brand coil packs from advance auto, and despite the reviews and people from a ford forum telling me not to, i did it anyways, and i was not disappointed in them. IT had improved start up, power in all the gears, but i have to say it sure did not help the gas mileage, but it was hard not to have your foot on the gas!! my 150 with a borla exhaust, K&n CAI, and the coil packs, that thing would stand up and go for a truck with almost a150K on it!!

#14 ·
It's all Don's fault! yep I am ! now get to Work! haha

#18 ·
Any word on these?

#21 ·
Yes please let us know how these worked for you. Thanks!

#29 ·
Sorry guys i never passed on my results here. The coils never worked for me. I was originally Sponsored by Weapon X. I offered to buy them but they wound up sending me a set to install and test with at the pulls. I received the coils ( They were promotional coils not new ) packed loose in a large box with zero packing ) . They were banged up and some had broken heat sink mounts. I emailed them and said i didnt like how they arrived and was assured they should be ok.

I installed them that week and noticed they didnt like to snap onto the plugs very well. After the first day they started to give me miss fire codes. I popped the hood to see several had popped off the plugs. Several of the heat sinks were laying on my valve cover from the busted mounts. Our OEM coils bolt on so they can not pop off. I re installed them many times over a two week trial and after i used zip ties and other ****ty measures i got them to stay on the plugs. I immediately noticed a lag or hesitation from the first day. So back to emails and calls. Mark from Weapon X ( My Contact through this all ) said send them back and he would test them! So after $30 and properly packing them i did.

2 Months later i received them back. Mark said he found connector issues on several coils and they were all set! I was like finally!!!! Then i looked at them.....Broken heat sink mounts were still not fixed!!!

Another email...replied back to and they said ship them back and they would make them right...so $30 later i sent them back packaged properly with insurance. many emails and phone calls later i received them back about 3-4 months later! First thing i noticed was it was the same set of coils and they used black RTV to try and hold the heat sink to the mounts!!! What a mess... The plastic used in the mounts rejected the RTV and it never even stuck to it. So i decided to try and fix the mounts myself because i really loved to coils look and was hoping they would actually work great.

Used longer screws in the mounts and nothing worked. the heat sinks would just not safely hold the sink to the coil. So more emails and phone calls later i was told send them back! AGAIN

So i did ...another $30 .....Then i get an email.. The email said they received the coils and one was busted??? I had broken the heat sink mounts by using the wrong screws!!! and they were no longer going to help me. That i was ungrateful and a liar!

So after spending over a year trying to actually get the coils to work i spent about $100 in shipping and gas to the post office to get told i it was all my fault! They even said i was warned i would receive products NOT up to the retail standard????? WTF I would never of wanted a product that didnt work properly!! I have every email from them since day one and i can back my entire relationship with Weapon X .

They Wound up making me waste a year of my time and changing out the coils about half a dozen times to just tell me i broke them and it was my fault. Worst company i have ever dealt with! I originally offered to buy the coils!!! How did i do anything wrong here...stay away from weapon x!!!! Bad people . AGAIN if anyone needs proof i have the emails. OEM coils are great! NO NEED TO UPGRADE !

I will post some of the screen shots of the conversation between Mark at Weapon X and Myself. There were a ton of emails and i tried to weed through and show the timeline of what happened. To this day i have never been treated like i was the problem from anyone else. Its total crap and i will never endorse them !

Weapon X Emails Story by Walter Cheney (willclan4food) | Photobucket

#30 ·
weellllll, that oughta be the END of this thread, with that kind of experience, I can't see why any of us wants to feel unloved to that extent....Hock/ Spit.......Bingo!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.