Nissan Titan Forum banner

stall and shift kit

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  nightowl 
#1 ·
well I have been meaning to post about this and tell how it is, well here's the story....

shift kit is amazing, manually shifting the truck u feel how firm the shifts are and u don't lose that split second when shifting with it, ask anyone who has ridden in my truck, there was a few this weekend, I gotcit sideways pulling out of a parking lot and it shifts great!a

stall goes great with cams, it's a 3200+ and I can stAll it to 3800 and take off like a bat out of hell lol, can't wait to track test it and all the other goods I have put on but won't be till I change out front diff fluid and do an oil change. All I can say is this goes with cams like milk and cookies!

#2 ·
Very nice man sounds like a great setup. I'm sure that launch is sick in 4hi

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
shift kit is amazing, manually shifting the truck u feel how firm the shifts are and u don't lose that split second when shifting with it, ask anyone who has ridden in my truck, there was a few this weekend, I gotcit sideways pulling out of a parking lot and it shifts great!
+1 but I will add that if its installed incorrectly it can get real expensive real fast... Got a customer who had a big name shop in Georgia fubar his install and now after over a year of putting up with horrible shifting thinking he just needed a better Uprev tune we correctly diagnosed the problem and he is throwing down for a complete level 10....

#5 ·
yeah I didn't install it, once I read drilling was involved I decided not to take that chance, he has done a lot of them on these trans's he's the premiere g35 and 350z guy in our area, he builds monster cars, 30 yrs nissan mechanic and is so meticulous with his work, actually became a good friend of mine after I talked to him and saw some of his builds he's done which are awesome, he's the type of guy that spends that extra time to make sure something is done right. but I know what ur saying there have been some horror stories about the transgo.

#6 ·
The deal with his Transgo kit was the shop put in a "shift kit" in the Titan which is designed for the lighter cars and not the heavy truck. The re-programming kit is what goes in the Titan. This was confirmed by a call to Transgo. I rode in Gary's truck and it would chirp the tires with four adults in the truck when shifting to second. I was impressed and installed the re-programming kit in my Titan and wondered why mine didn't shift as hard and not chirp the tires and that was the reason. Level ten also says the line pressure should not exceed 30% over stock or 65%. Level 10 also uses the re-programming kit in their rebuilds.

#12 · (Edited)
that **** was awesome if there wasn't any traffic I think I could have roasted the tires all the way through the stoplight lol

just remember since ur an off-road guy ur gonna want off road bars, metalworx bars are great I love them and couldn't be happier, he supports the military also so it's a no brainer. u get what u pay for!!

#15 ·
So what's the ballpark price for a transgo installed? I read they were around 200 bucks parts wise before. I doubt I'll ever get around to it, but I know for sure I'll never get to splurge on a level 10.

#16 ·
I paid $200 for the install plus a case of matic s and gasket. After the install was done the tranny shop owner said he under quoted me bad. I was at the shop for close to six hours but it was worth it because I know the owner and the job was done right.

#18 ·
Damn 200 bucks for 6 hours of labor, sounds like you got the better deal. I was thinking of doing a fluid flush and cooler, but for 200-400 in labor, I won't be able to do that at the same time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.