Nissan Titan Forum banner

Uprev capable of adjusting for gear change, tire size, and speedo???

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  mikemizell 
#1 ·
Just curious before I purchase Uprev. Can you change the ECU to read a different gear set (4.56), different tires (37s), and make the speedo read the correct mph?

Thanks

#4 ·
Uprev makes your truck feel like the front ends about to take off into the air and the rear about to drag.

Reactions: seymore4
#5 ·
And not sure of price on changing the ecu to read gearing but most local shops around you can make the speedo right for pretty cheap. At least here they dont charge but maybe $25 cause its just a five min job from what I understand. I also need to do that my speedo is slow by 3-5mph according to the radar detectors cops place randomly to tell you your speed around here.

#8 ·
I don't think the titan is as easy to change as other vehicles (newer chevys and such?) and require the hypertech (iirc) speedometer calibrator which is like 200$

#7 ·
You can usually get away with 35" tires before having to re-gear, but your MPG is gonna be worse with those bigger tires obviously.

#11 ·
Will be getting Ur cat back setup but trying to make sure on the uprev. If Uprev can't make changes for gears and tires then are we able to use the hypertech along side Uprev to fix the other issues? Because that is what I will be doing is getting 4.56 and 37" tires as well. Also to use Uprev we must have a laptop? Do they come pre tuned for what we have and tell you upon ordering?

#12 ·
UpRev is a standalone flash tune. You can use the Hypertech to adjust the speedo, but not to tune along side UpRev. You have to have a windows laptop to tune with UpRev. Joe aka Seymore4 with Cajun will send you a tune, you flash it to the truck following his instructions, and then you data log. He will then send you a new tune after you send him your logs and he will send you a new tune that is set up for your truck. You do that a few times and then it will be running like a rapped ape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.