Nissan Titan Forum banner

here we go!

7K views 56 replies 19 participants last post by  GalaxyPro4X11 
#1 ·
So after throwing a rod through my oil pan I found a motor for a steal thanks to von! I. This process I contacted ma motorsports in md and Ray is a die hard vk fan, talked to him for about an hr and a half about our motors and what they do, they have put these motors in a lot of different cars and do drift setups and ridiculous race motors. We got on the subject of cams and how 04-06 are hindered to s2 or s7 and how our manifold stops us from going any further, well he mentioned the vk45 intake manifold and how they need a truck to do testing, well ****!! U can have mine!! So we're gonna work to make this happen and see what we can open up for the community since my truck won't be going anywhere anytime soon, this will open up c8, c9 cam profiles for the 04-06 trucks. If my cams are fuct I will probably get, a new set of c8 cams and see what happens. The motor I got I will be building from the ground up with all new bearings rods pistons rings etc, reason it's gonna take a few months since I'm not gonna fork it out all at once, probably gonna be about 8k when I'm done but I'm going there Friday to talk and see the race cars and talk to ray about my expectations and what my overall plans are. More to follow!

#3 ·
Dude i am so stoked, I was pretty depressed when I did it and was looking for engines and was finding them with high mileage for 2k or more then I found this one and it stemmed from this engine having blown head gaskets to building it from the ground up.

#6 ·
Wow, monster build.

#10 ·
Well I was going to do it around March and have it done by June but now it will be done probably latest December if not hopefully october, I could have it back in a month with a new motor in it but I'm gonna build it and throw some nitrous at it and see what happens lol

#14 ·
#16 · (Edited)
Mike I know they shelf them but for what we use our trucks for usually it's not a good cam for us due to the manifold not being a great design, now with tbe mgt90 it may be a valid option to try out too. when I talk to the tech guys at jwt when I was deciding what I wanted they tested then for street applications and lost power, now I don't know if they have done more development since then and made them work better but that was the main reason I went with s7. Now this new motor may be a whole different story...I'll update as the build progresses. Level 10 will probably be after i get it up and running again and ill drive it to them, still up in the air about it at the moment. Should have the motor next week.

#17 ·
They lost some low end tq on a basically stock truck with no tuning. But with a modified truck with good tuning its a different story. The downfall for 06 and earlier trucks is the lack of vvt tuning which makes a huge!!! Difference in the hands of a legit tuner

#21 ·
Cam phasing makes a huge difference for the mid range, that's why I would like to do a 07 motor in mine but I'm worried about electrical, reason why I scratched the idea, if I could find so.eone who has done it I would think of doing c9 cams in it. At this point I'm fed up and pissed off so I don't know what I'm going to do, may just cut my losses...

#23 ·
Found a motor in va for 1600 that I'm putting in it with 80k on it, I figured the numbers with trans built motor I'd be upwards of 15k, my budget is 8k for everything so with trans TT and e fans and nitrous and motor and tuning I'll be around 8300 plus the boss told me it was her or the truck lol

#25 ·
So after 2 mos and an engine that was a piece of ****, 80 psi on 8 cylinder I'm back to my ma motorsports engine build, I want my truck back and with something I know will be good, was going to do a reman engine but every company I checked has horrible reviews and seem to be scans when it comes to warranty, so will see what ray at ma can do

#26 ·
Well ray has it figured out on how to strengthen our engines and use a race bearing instead of ****ty stock bearings and an engine that can handle boost or a 400 shot of nitrous..12-1500hp capable, will know more next week about the affordability factor, what he's doing is not just for me but for the vk56, no one has done what he's doing and all our parts are ridiculously expensive, what hes doing is trying to make an affordable option for a weekend racer and daily driver without spending 10k. this is awesome and I'm really stoked about it

#30 ·
That sounds like a DD Yep,,,,,:cheers:

#29 ·
So l10 trans is ready to go in TT is in new motor mounts new trans mount, nitrous plate kit. 3 gauge pillar with trans, coolant and wideband afr gauges, armada air dam, gonna have 2" drop spindles made, drop shackles on the back, new brakes and rotors, 1000cc injector dynamics injectors, new walboro 255 pump, have some front diff sleeves to go in that will lower the deflection to about half. motor should be ready to go in a week or 2...hopefully, everything is finally coming together, gonna break in the new engine then have nitrous tuned and 100% e85 tune.

That's where it's at now and will post again when I get it back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.