Nissan Titan Forum banner

superchips tuner

6K views 25 replies 6 participants last post by  10milmike 
#1 ·
I just bought a superchips flashpaq tuner for my 04 titan off AutoAnytihng. My titan is stock only thing it has is gears and a cold air intake. What would be the best tune for it? I use my Titan only to tow my toy hauler to Glamis and Dumont.

#2 ·
Sorry guys I seen this topic has been brought up a million times. I had read must of them..But what I can not seem to find info on towing with a flashpaq. Not very worried about MPG Just want a little more out of the motor when towing my toyhauler. All i want to do is a throttle body and this flashpaq. Nothing crazy at all.

#3 ·
Your power will come from a exhaust upgrade as the 04-06 Titan had horrible exhaust restrictions. The 93 tune will yield the best results in seat of the paints but don't expect a whole lot. My 05 with the BDGT on 93 settings made 25hp and 33lbft (dyno jet) over stock but that was with a cai, headers, jba catback and catless Cajun bpipes.

#4 ·
The flashpaq has a 91 octane towing tune. I used it once or twice, if helped by I didn't like having to use premium to tow so I went back to the stock tune for towing. Of course that was when premium was almost $4 a gallon.

#7 · (Edited)
AutoAnything did. After he purchased the unit through them they emailed him a cancelation of the order. Personally, I think someone made a mistake, because BDGT's website advocates that the unit is 50 state legal.

Attachments

#16 · (Edited)
Not taking anything the wrong way. Just saying when I go to order parts they are not available. Or can't be shipped. Had to have shipped to my pops and then shipped here. Good luck on the prius. Just don't feel like putting on a exhaust then when it's time to get smog take it off to pass. Not really worried about nos or go fast goodies. Just want a little more power to tow with. I run at Barona with my drag bike at 6.0 all day long not really worried about going fast.

#23 ·
It's been a while since I've played with a Superchips tuner but I think you have to have the 93 Performance tune programmed to set it to +2 adv.

#25 ·
Load the 93 tune, start the truck and set the 2 degree adv. Shut the truck off and reload the tow tune. Once programmed, the truck will keep the +2 adv no mater what tune is loaded. There is also the possibility that your truck is already advanced.

Light tow is what they call the tow tune on "light duty" trucks. Try it, if you hear any pinging, go back to stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.