Cracked Manifold??? Pulled The Trigger! - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Performance Modifications Install a new part and cant wait to tell us about it? Great! We'd love to hear about it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Cracked Manifold??? Pulled The Trigger!

So, I bought my Titan (2WD LE, crew cab, big tow) in May. Found out last week that I've got a cracked manifold on the passenger side, i'm currently at 115,xxx miles. I'll just say OUCH on that repair bill, just to put back in the the same parts that evidently there is a design flaw and will crack again. The purchase price of this entire kit, with heavy metal cats and ultaquiet was almost the same price as replacing the same problematic manifolds.

So, I started researching other options. Everyone, on almost every Titan forum I checked recommended Cajun B Pipes. I called Jeff and spoke with him for about 30 minutes yesterday afternoon. By last night, I pulled the trigger and ordered the Stage 2 performance kit, and upgraded to the Titanium ceramic coated headers.

Everything ships from different areas (Washington, Florida, Louisiana). I made the order yesterday, paid via PayPal last night and got shipping information on the equipment and UpRev today.

So far excellent customer service...extremely fast transaction, response, and ship time.

I'll keep those of you who care updated as to how this goes.

Thanks Cajun B Pipes for your help!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to unsocial For This Useful Post:
LUBECAKES (02-27-2017), nightowl (02-15-2017), seymore4 (02-14-2017), Titan 05 (02-15-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 04:55 PM

Thanked 3,502 Times in 2,245 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Re: Cracked Manifold??? Pulled The Trigger!

You will not be disappointed...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2010 Titan 4x4 CC SE Majestic Blue
Uprev tuned by Seymore, JBA Evol catback, Cajun catless B pipes, Airaid MXP 4" CAI
8" Boston acoustic's sub in Tech12volts ported box w 1000 w renegade amp
Autostart remote start, bedlined OEM wheels, bumpers, and grill. Go Rhino D2 steps.
Pyramid Automotive Retro fit headlights with Xenonvision H1 Hid's and super bright LED reverse lights, blue interior LED's, and white exterior LED's.
Smoke hood shield and in channel window deflectors, Custom grounding kit by FAK.
Pro4X skid plate, 20" double row Cree light bar, rear bumper flushmount Cree LED's
Leer 100R Topper, Goodyear Duratracs 275/70/18,
Dirt King UCA's, Bilstein 5100's mid setting and 1.5" spacer, 1.5" rear block w/Bilstein 5125's.
The Following User Says Thank You to FishnAlaska For This Useful Post:
nightowl (02-14-2017)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 06:17 PM
Supporting Vendor
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 3,927 Times in 2,399 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 139 reviews

Best fix on the planet for the manifold issue we have.

YOUR CRACKED MANIFOLD ONE STOP SHOP

-CUSTOM BPIPES
-JBA HEADERS
-JBA CATBACK
-AXLE VENT KITS
-2.5" CAJUN Y PIPES
-VIBRANT ULTRAQUIET RESONATORS
-CUSTOM TUNING "NO DYNO NEEDED"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

UPREV INFO-
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 09:18 AM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

You are going to love the 50HP increase.
The Following User Says Thank You to Titan 05 For This Useful Post:
ducatichick (02-15-2017)
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 11:23 AM

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Definitely wakes the truck up!

TOW-4X: '06 KC 4x4 BT
MODS: JBA LT FULL CAJUN TREATMENT/ UpRev VIA SEYMORE, TrueTrac, 08' Brakes, PML diff/tranny, Tranny Bypass Cooler, '08 Shackles, Prodigy, 3 Row Stillen, 08' Springs/5100s, RAS, 18x9 -12 KMC XD Riots

SOLD: '05 CC 4x4 BT

MODS: Icons, 08' Springs/5100s, PML diff, PRG Shackles, B&W Gooseneck Hitch, Prodigy, Airbags, 20x10 BMF Novakanes, Cooper Zeon LTZs
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 12:03 PM

Your gonna love it and hate the install if you do it yourself. But report back an let us know what ya think.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 04:00 PM

I also recently purchased the stage 2 from Cajun. Ordered on the 3rd and had everything by the 13th. I'm waiting on decent weather and a weekend off work to get everything installed. B pipes look awesome and turn around time for base tune was only a few hours. I couldn't be more pleased with the customer support from both Jeff and Joe.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Got everything in yesterday. Getting installed tomorrow.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Ok, so everything except the Ultra Quiet resonator was installed yesterday.

Mostly enjoying the sound. Definitely sounds like a truck now. Inside the cabin cruising at 60 is too loud for me, so I'm having the resonator installed today...that should help.

Up Rev tuning was extremely easy, now just got to do the data logs for the fine tuning and getting the other maps.

The only issue i've had, other than the cruising loudness, is I've thrown a "P0057, HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 2, Sensor 2)" error. I've cleared it twice, but it keeps coming back, so i'm having it checked out today as well.

Best of all though...no more cracked manifold and exhaust leak!

Thanks again Jeff, Joe, and Matt with Cajun B Pipes, Cajun Tuning, and Ponderosa Mustang!

2007 Nissan Titan LE Crew Cab, 2 Wheel Drive
K&N FIPK Intake
Cajun B Pipes Stage 2 Performance Kit
JBA Titanium Ceramic Coated Headers
JBA Cat Back Exhaust
UpRev Tuning
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unsocial For This Useful Post:
nightowl (02-25-2017), Titan 05 (02-22-2017)
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsocial View Post
So, I bought my Titan (2WD LE, crew cab, big tow) in May. Found out last week that I've got a cracked manifold on the passenger side, i'm currently at 115,xxx miles. I'll just say OUCH on that repair bill, just to put back in the the same parts that evidently there is a design flaw and will crack again. The purchase price of this entire kit, with heavy metal cats and ultaquiet was almost the same price as replacing the same problematic manifolds.

So, I started researching other options. Everyone, on almost every Titan forum I checked recommended Cajun B Pipes. I called Jeff and spoke with him for about 30 minutes yesterday afternoon. By last night, I pulled the trigger and ordered the Stage 2 performance kit, and upgraded to the Titanium ceramic coated headers.

Everything ships from different areas (Washington, Florida, Louisiana). I made the order yesterday, paid via PayPal last night and got shipping information on the equipment and UpRev today.

So far excellent customer service...extremely fast transaction, response, and ship time.

I'll keep those of you who care updated as to how this goes.

Thanks Cajun B Pipes for your help!

Guys I have a ticking sound I believe it is from the manifold. Does anyone know how to add video?
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 04:37 AM

Never mind I got it. Here is the sound it sounds like bottom end almost as if you popped a spoke on a bicycle and its tick tick tick. It gets worse when I accelerate. Some times it's not even there. I have an 06 CC with 133k 4WD second owner just bought it. The dealer I bought it from days he doesn't hear anything https://www.dropbox.com/s/80jn56ri4o...81%29.mov?dl=0
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 06:00 AM

Man that's awesome glad your enjoying it once it's dialed in a totally different truck. Did a tune up on mine this weekend an never saw this mileage stock an had calculated came to 17.4.
Attached Thumbnails
Cracked Manifold??? Pulled The Trigger!-img_0017_1487858349591.jpg  
The Following User Says Thank You to Mattcowsmasher For This Useful Post:
nightowl (02-25-2017)
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 04:49 PM
Supporting Vendor

Garage

The Ultraquiet will kill the drone. Let us know what you think post UQ install.

-CUSTOM BPIPES
-JBA HEADERS
-JBA CATBACK
-AXLE VENT KITS
-2.5" CAJUN Y PIPES

UPREV INFO-
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 04:50 PM
Supporting Vendor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trav4 View Post
Never mind I got it. Here is the sound it sounds like bottom end almost as if you popped a spoke on a bicycle and its tick tick tick. It gets worse when I accelerate. Some times it's not even there. I have an 06 CC with 133k 4WD second owner just bought it. The dealer I bought it from days he doesn't hear anything https://www.dropbox.com/s/80jn56ri4o...81%29.mov?dl=0
90-130K miles is when it happens. Look me up for the fix!!!! 318-347-6157. Cajun Bpipes | shreveport, LA 71129

-CUSTOM BPIPES
-JBA HEADERS
-JBA CATBACK
-AXLE VENT KITS
-2.5" CAJUN Y PIPES

UPREV INFO-
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 02:26 AM

You'll love it!

I didn't mind doing my own install, it was well worth it! Let us know if you need advice.

'07 Titan XE CC, Home made axle wrap eliminators, Frontier tranny mount, JBA headers, Cajun catted b's, JBA 40-1400, 3" Vibrant UQ. Uprev tuned by Seymore 4.
'17 Maxima SV, '03 350Z touring.
Say no to cheap beer!...And chrome!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top