08 Titan Exhaust - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Performance Modifications Install a new part and cant wait to tell us about it? Great! We'd love to hear about it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
08 Titan Exhaust

Alright guys, I've been reading past threads for the past 3 months and finally created an account to ask some questions. I recently got an 08 Titan SE access cab 2WD. Y'all convinced me to go with the Airaid MXP and I love it. Next mod on the list is the exhaust. I've been told a muffler swap for (Dual) Dynomax Bullets would do the trick. I was thinking of doing an X Pipe to go with the bullets. Then I thought B Pipes then X Pipe then Bullets. I want it to sound nice and mean, but not wake the neighbors or have much drone. I'm a little lost. You guys have any suggestions?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CABTitan For This Useful Post:
mmprolinks (03-16-2017), nightowl (03-16-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 01:57 AM

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Re: 08 Titan Exhaust

Cajun Bpipes | shreveport, LA 71129

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods - PRG Lowering shackles, JBA LT's, UpRev, some exhaust work, PRG heimed RC traction bars, Hellwig Rear Sway bar, Weathertech floor mats, Carhartt Seat Covers, Debadged, Tow Mirrors, Axle vent mod, Bilsteins

Wish List - Spray in bed liner, EBC brakes that aren't warped
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 07:01 AM
Supporting Vendor
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 3,925 Times in 2,398 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 139 reviews

Stay away from duals on this truck, kills low end torque! Cajun Catback or the JBA work great! Always choose the exhaust system/ muffler that works with headers down the road as the manifolds will crack one day. This truck is very different from the domestics and only a few mufflers sound decent without all the popping and cis. I recommend Borla, JBA or the 22-24" Magnaflows only. Flowmaster is about the worst along with any bullet style or chambered mufflers.

YOUR CRACKED MANIFOLD ONE STOP SHOP

-CUSTOM BPIPES
-JBA HEADERS
-JBA CATBACK
-AXLE VENT KITS
-2.5" CAJUN Y PIPES
-VIBRANT ULTRAQUIET RESONATORS
-CUSTOM TUNING "NO DYNO NEEDED"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

UPREV INFO-
The Following User Says Thank You to nightowl For This Useful Post:
mmprolinks (03-16-2017)
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 07:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl View Post
Stay away from duals on this truck, kills low end torque! Cajun Catback or the JBA work great! Always choose the exhaust system/ muffler that works with headers down the road as the manifolds will crack one day. This truck is very different from the domestics and only a few mufflers sound decent without all the popping and cis. I recommend Borla, JBA or the 22-24" Magnaflows only. Flowmaster is about the worst along with any bullet style or chambered mufflers.

Thanks for the input! From what I've read on TT the 08 comes with dual exhaust back to a single muffler, right??
The Following User Says Thank You to CABTitan For This Useful Post:
nightowl (03-16-2017)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 07:25 AM
Supporting Vendor

Garage

Yes 2 2" pipes to the muffler then a single exit. Im talking true duals all the way back with 2 mufflers kill low end. The ypipe setup is what these trucks love.
Attached Thumbnails
08 Titan Exhaust-img_0372.jpg  

-CUSTOM BPIPES
-JBA HEADERS
-JBA CATBACK
-AXLE VENT KITS
-2.5" CAJUN Y PIPES

UPREV INFO-
The Following User Says Thank You to nightowl For This Useful Post:
Pale Rider (03-16-2017)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yes 2 2" pipes to the muffler then a single exit. Im talking true duals all the way back with 2 mufflers kill low end. The ypipe setup is what these trucks love.

Ahhhh gotcha. Thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to CABTitan For This Useful Post:
nightowl (04-26-2017)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 03:10 PM

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
This is proven true with my experiences. The nismo exhaust you can get from the dealership is a true dual exhaust. I bought it and sold it quickly. Stock exhaust was better on the low end than the nismo setup. It did sound good tho, despite the drone

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mods - PRG Lowering shackles, JBA LT's, UpRev, some exhaust work, PRG heimed RC traction bars, Hellwig Rear Sway bar, Weathertech floor mats, Carhartt Seat Covers, Debadged, Tow Mirrors, Axle vent mod, Bilsteins

Wish List - Spray in bed liner, EBC brakes that aren't warped
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danman For This Useful Post:
nightowl (03-20-2017), Pale Rider (04-26-2017)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 10:48 PM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Go with full Cajun! I get compliments daily...

Factory:
-Big Tow, Utility Max, Sunroof, Entertainment, Leather, Spray Bedliner, seat storage, Titan Front floor mats, 2013 Titan air dam

After Market:
-ARE Tonneau Cover, bilstein 4600's, window tint, Injen CAI, JBA headers 6400SJT, Cajun catted bpipes, Cajun catback, Cajun tune, Vibrant resonator, Borla 400436, Borla 20251 Exhaust Tip, 22" Black Rino "Peak" w/Hancook Ventus 305-45R22, Hellwig Rear Swaybar, Belltech front swaybar w/ PRG mounts & Moog endlinks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TX8STEP For This Useful Post:
nightowl (03-20-2017), Pale Rider (04-26-2017)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 08:08 PM
Banned

CAB. I have a 10 Titan CC. I have an aftermarket cai and a Hypertech Max Energy programmer. My final piece was the muffler. I got the Magnaflow . It's not really loud outside , but inside you will always hear a rumble always. I love the sound, but I wouldn't want it any louder. Works for me.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 06:14 AM
Supporting Vendor

Garage

Magnaflows work good just remember when the manifolds crack everything changes and only a few muffler sound ok with headers.

-CUSTOM BPIPES
-JBA HEADERS
-JBA CATBACK
-AXLE VENT KITS
-2.5" CAJUN Y PIPES

UPREV INFO-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top