Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Performance Modifications Install a new part and cant wait to tell us about it? Great! We'd love to hear about it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil

Just bought a 2017 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SL 4X4. I purchase the Maintenance Package and it did not suggest any synthetic oil. It preferred the manufacturer's conventional oil instead. I always been putting in Mobil 1 oil in all my vehicles I owned. Should I stick with the manufacturer conventional oil or go with synthetic oil?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 13,904 Times in 8,730 Posts
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Re: Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil

I stopped using dino oil many years ago, if it was my truck I'd go with Mobill 1.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker.
It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.”
Ronald Reagan

Bloodsuckingwhore
Critterwhore
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 06:29 PM

Thanked 3,454 Times in 2,215 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I switched to synthetic Mobile 1 when my Titan had about 200 miles on it, they recommend conventional on Gen 1's too, but I switched over, as many others have done. If you have the maintenance package, why are you changing the oil yourself?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2010 Titan 4x4 CC SE Majestic Blue
Uprev tuned by Seymore, JBA Evol catback, Cajun catless B pipes, Airaid MXP 4" CAI
8" Boston acoustic's sub in Tech12volts ported box w 1000 w renegade amp
Autostart remote start, bedlined OEM wheels, bumpers, and grill. Go Rhino D2 steps.
Pyramid Automotive Retro fit headlights with Xenonvision H1 Hid's and super bright LED reverse lights, blue interior LED's, and white exterior LED's.
Smoke hood shield and in channel window deflectors, Custom grounding kit by FAK.
Pro4X skid plate, 20" double row Cree light bar, rear bumper flushmount Cree LED's
Leer 100R Topper, Goodyear Duratracs 275/70/18,
Dirt King UCA's, DR/ICON coilovers, 1.5" rear block w/Bilstein 5125's.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Premium User

Thanks for the inputs. Selected the Maintenance package maybe for a change have someone do the oil change for me and they will do their routine required checks on the new vehicle. But, I do love my new Titan Truck.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 07:15 PM

Location: WESTERN (actual) Colorado.. where the mountains are.
Garage
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

The seals on 2002+ nissans don't rot out when you switch. If I was you, I'd get my $ worth out of the maintenance package you paid for, and then switch to full synthetic. Been running mobil 1 synth in my Titan since new, sometimes up to 11K between, and I love the stuff. Conventional works fine, but synth works better.

09 CC HME SE 4X4 FFV FORMER Mountain Oilfield Workhorse, Current daily scrap metal hauler!

Till it falls apart.........
.......Or I do

September 2014 Titan Talk Titan of the Month

-----Hobbyist 12v mad scientist-----
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 11:37 AM

Pennzoil platinum or Rotella t6...

Only oils recommended for my car by the tuners. Titans are probably a lot different and oil doesn't matter as much but you could always send a sample in for testing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2007 Titan

2010 Mazdaspeed 3 - All the mods
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 09:19 PM
Premium User

Thanked 4,951 Times in 2,567 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JauntyBishop

Pennzoil platinum is a good choice. I use it in my titan. Granted I run 5w40 Euro platinum.

Can't go wrong with it.

For the new titans any good synthetic will work.

Clark of JWT the camshaft engineer recommends the Mobil 1 0w40 aka GTR blood. It's cheap and readily available everywhere from Wal-Mart to locate parts house.

Advance is doing 5qts and Mobil 1 filter for like 29.99 right meow. You will need atleast 7qts if first gen.

Can't remember how many the new titans take.

I'd run the crap out of the engine too at varying rpm and heavy loads to help the engine and rings seal better. It's under warranty so go for it. Get some heat into the engine.

Not going to hurt anything. Just my .02

Also purolator boss filters are nice too.

The K&N and Mobil 1 filters are made by the same company and they work well too. I think Mann Hummel still supplies them if I recall.

Cory
2008.5 Crew Cab SE FFV 2wd.
Bolt ons...
377rwhp/432rwtq (Dynocom 5000)

MOD LIST with Current Projects (Custom Headers and Cylinder head build) Link Below.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 09:26 PM
Premium User

Thanked 4,951 Times in 2,567 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JauntyBishop

I've used Rotella T6 5w40 as well and had excellent oil analysis results with it the two times I sent it off. No signs of fuel dilution or water, no excessive wear metals over the common average. It's a great oil for forced indicted cars too. Poor man's racing oil.

But stick with Pennzoil platinum in the correct weight for the VK56VD. That VVEL system and dual CVTCS oil control cam phasers need the right viscosity to actuate properly as well as keep heat and shear in check. The vvel system puts a lot of heat into the valvetrain components but the VK56vd is extremely reliable as it's been tested in vehicles since 2010 over in the UAE and Australia in the Patrol. So they have been put through their paces and is a great engine platform.

Take care of that 7spd auto too. I'd look into doing a external transcooler once people start experimenting with them just like the first gen titans did with the trucool sr4588.

Then you should get the new JBA headers coming out for the 2nd gen as well as Uprev.

Uprev is now available for vk56vd titan engines.

Gaining 20rwhp on bone stock trucks.

So I imagine tune and headers with fill exhaust you will see atleast 50rwhp or more gains.

Cory
2008.5 Crew Cab SE FFV 2wd.
Bolt ons...
377rwhp/432rwtq (Dynocom 5000)

MOD LIST with Current Projects (Custom Headers and Cylinder head build) Link Below.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 09:19 PM

Only run synthetic. Your Titan will thank you in the long run.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 04:58 AM

iTrader Score: 11 reviews

I have been running Mobil 1 for years. My routine has been changing out the Dino oil at 500 miles (new purchase obviously) filter change every 3k miles/ add difference and full drop around 15k miles. Zero issues, with three Titan's later.

2015 SL CC 4x4 -Trifecta Tonneau Cover,Husky liners, Bank's Ram Air, Nismo Exhaust, Prodigy Brake Controller, OEM bug shield, WeatherTech ventvisors. UPRev tuned by Seymore4.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top