Throttle Body Spacer.....Worth It? - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Performance Modifications Install a new part and cant wait to tell us about it? Great! We'd love to hear about it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 06:45 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Throttle Body Spacer.....Worth It?

Alright Guys,

I have heard some controversy regarding throttle body spacers. It time to hear it straight from the horses mouth. Are they worth it?

08' TITAN PRO-4X

AEM Brute Force CAI, 2* Timing Advance, JBA Cat Back Exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 06:57 PM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Re: Throttle Body Spacer.....Worth It?

all the replies you will get will be hell ya or hell no make your own decision and read all the other threads first.
#3 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 07:00 PM

HELL NO!!!!!! go get yourself a $100 hooker! worst $100 i ever spent...

2012 KC Super Black PRO-4X Frontier
#4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 07:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to Dom249

haha if you look around theres probably like 20 diff threads on spacers. Some ppl like them,some dont, If you wont mind a whistling noise then go for it, I was able to tell a small difference with it, also some ppl werent able to tell a difference, I dont mind the wistling, I like it most of the time but thats me. Search for some other threads on it and youll find many replies about them.

04 SE Titan, Uprev w/ osiris, Trutrac, Helix TBS, K&N 77 series intake, JBA catback exhaust w/magnaflow muffler swap, JBA Headers, Magnaflow cats, tb coolant bypass, stillen grounding kit, brake stiffner,
stillen 1 piece sport rotors, stillen differential cover. Halo projector headlites, 8k hid's, altezza tail lights
Clifford remotestart/alarm.

Music- Kinetik HC2000,HC800 batteries, Alpine Imprint, 2 Rockford power T2 12"s, T2000.1bd, Power T162s comps, T600.2, Apline W505, 25 farad capacitor
#5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan814
HELL NO!!!!!! go get yourself a $100 hooker! worst $100 i ever spent...
why? no responce? noisy?........

08' TITAN PRO-4X

AEM Brute Force CAI, 2* Timing Advance, JBA Cat Back Exhaust
#6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPro4x08
why? no responce? noisy?........
no go for $100.. i dont mind the noise (actually think it sounds cool) i have taken it out and reinstalled it to test for 1. power and 2. fuel economy and i there is no difference.... i dunno if i had a extra c-note to blow i would get the 2* timing advance done and put the rest in your gas tank.... just my .02

#7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 07:41 PM

iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to spoonman Send a message via Yahoo to spoonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan814
no go for $100.. i dont mind the noise (actually think it sounds cool) i have taken it out and reinstalled it to test for 1. power and 2. fuel economy and i there is no difference.... i dunno if i had a extra c-note to blow i would get the 2* timing advance done and put the rest in your gas tank.... just my .02
Do you still have it on your truck? you should just get rid of it cheap

04 King Cab LE 4x2

285-70-17 Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10, 17" MB Razor's Plasti-Dipped, Airaid MXP CAI ,Billet Grille, NCD 2.5 inch leveling kit, Nismo (Bilstein made) Off Road Shocks, Banks Exhaust w/ Borla XR1, Center console wrapped in NeffyWrap dry carbon, Roof wrapped in LegitAccessories roof Carbon Wrap, Endless Auto Salon carbon hood wrap , Pro4x Flares, MetalWorx front Light Bar, 20" Double Row CREE LED Light Bar, 2011 retrofitted mini h1 headlights and TheRetroFitSource Morimoto Elite HID kit and TRS xBled Strips/ Halos

Radiator Information Thread: AEM BruteForce Install How-To How to Remove gated shifter console finisher Video:Video of Switchback LED Strips in action
#8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman
Do you still have it on your truck? you should just get rid of it cheap
yea its on there.. you know if it wasnt such a pain in the @$$ i probably would sell it.. ha ha! with the CAI its a really tight fit

#9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 11:22 PM

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

i thought the AEM cai for the titan comes with a throttle body spacer, no?

'06 Smoke XE CC FFV
Mods: AEM Intake, Stillen Dual Rear Exhaust, 2° Timing, 8k HIDs, 2" Leveling, Deaver C-30 pack, rear Bilsteins, PRG DCBB, 18x8.5 AR Marins, BFG AT KO 305/65r18, Custom Grill, color-matched rear bumper, smoked tail lights, debadged I need new pictures

"Taste the rainbow." -Shakespeare
Loading Swag...
████████████████ 100%
Complete.
#10 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 11:40 PM

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Nope. Ithe AEM is just a CAI. You will have to buy one seperately. I dont think they even make one.

2007 SE Granite C/C 4X4 BT,OR,RF,Bed Package
Born 12/18/06 in Mississippi/ adopted 03/31/07 in Anchorage. Man that stork had a good drive.

Improved with Westin black aluminum nerf bars, Husky floor liners, Vent visors, Full billett grill, Black XE door handles,American racing Teflon THUG'S, Top Dawg folding tonneau cover, AEM brute force CAI with prefilter,
PRG 4INCH PERF Package with Saw's, Two 12 volt tech underseat subs with CDT 4100 and cdt replacment door speakers,MD DVD player with 8.5 screen Shift Pass You
#11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 11:52 PM

they do make them, i'm sure of it. but when i bought mine from autoanything, it said it was included. and after the install, my buddy did it, i could hear the whistle that spacers make. maybe it doesn't but if we can get some clarification from someone on here, that would be great.

'06 Smoke XE CC FFV
Mods: AEM Intake, Stillen Dual Rear Exhaust, 2° Timing, 8k HIDs, 2" Leveling, Deaver C-30 pack, rear Bilsteins, PRG DCBB, 18x8.5 AR Marins, BFG AT KO 305/65r18, Custom Grill, color-matched rear bumper, smoked tail lights, debadged I need new pictures

"Taste the rainbow." -Shakespeare
Loading Swag...
████████████████ 100%
Complete.
#12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 06:24 AM

Thanked 1,724 Times in 1,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albonismo
they do make them, i'm sure of it. but when i bought mine from autoanything, it said it was included. and after the install, my buddy did it, i could hear the whistle that spacers make. maybe it doesn't but if we can get some clarification from someone on here, that would be great.
My AEM didn't come with one, nowhere in the instructions does it mention one. I also bought mine from autoanything. If he didn't pull the throttle body, then he didn't install a spacer. Some people have reported a whistle with the intake, but mine doesn't whistle.
#13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 06:54 AM

I say yes.

I have no actual data to back up the gains if any but I swear I felt a diff when I drove my truck, I also believe in the technology. As far as noise I can hear the whistle but it's muffled by my Volant CAI & Stillen exhaust.

I did have to mod the CAI somewhat & it's still a tight fit, may have to trim a little more.

Rob
'06 SeaDoo RXP - Stg I+
'93 Stroker Mustang GT - "10"
'07 Titan - CAI, Exhaust, UpRev, etc.

"Don't dwell on the past, it will become your future"
#14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 07:03 AM

YES! One of the guys at the NC Meet saw an increase on the dyno. He installed it at the shop, and did before and after. Most cars at the track have TBS installed. Do the Screen delete, or you may not have the whistle, and defeat its purpose. Whistle is very faint, and only momentary.

AEM includes it with vehicles they think it is worthwhile on. They did not find enough increase on the Titan, to justify the increased expense. AEM does not include it. I have the PowerAid, for half the price, get a Helix off of Ebay. Or buy a used PowerAid (Much better looking). They don't wear out, so used is as good as new.

2006 XE CC Pref Pkg BT with AEM Brute Force CAI, PowerAid TB Spacer, TB Reversed Valve ByPass Mod, 2007+ Intake, JBA Headers, MagnaFlow 24" Muffler, 2008+ Rear Axle, Stillen: F & R Sway Bars, Black Diff Cover, Engine Dress Up Kit, 4 pc StreetScene SS Mesh Grille, PRG End Links, Street Traction Bars & Shackles, UpRev Osiris Tuner 93 Performance Tuned, 18" SE Rims, Functional Hood Scoop ...

IRC VK56 Member "Special Operations"

MD Chapter Director
#15 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 08:02 AM

The ones who say it works have faulty butt -dynos. Are real dyno cant see the diff. These are remnants from the carb'd days when a manifold needed more volume/ floor hight to allow a bigger carb to work correctly.

06 G/C-SRT, 08 Titan, various projects.

Jump to top