Nissan Titan Forum banner

BRAKE UPGRADE Using 08' Parts... PICS!!

73K views 209 replies 80 participants last post by  CVTitan05 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I, along with many other 04-07' Titan owners, have wanted a BIGGER braking systems. I've found that unless you're running 18"+ wheels, all of the existing kits have been too big to fit inside a 17" wheel (as far as I know...). The second thing is the cost of the larger kits is pretty steep for some, so this mod is definitely more economical!!

I recently had a buddy install a set of 08' Calipers, Rotors and Pads on my 2005 Titan. I have Helo Maxx8 Chrome 17x9 wheels. After install I was left with about a 1/4"+ clearance all around the wheel. There isn't ANY rubbing, and it's definitely a perfect fit.

Just thought I would share this with everyone... Here are some pics :cheers:!

Attachments

See less See more
#117 ·
FYI. I changed out my rotors to PowerSlots and love them along with EBC brake pads. Very firm!
I changed the fronts to Centric Premium rotors and EBC Green Stuff.
1- I love the strong feeling
2- I hate the dust of the Green, could be worst pad I have ever experienced
3- I can't believe how poorly/uneven the rear pads and rotors have worn
4- I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the ebrake to let go of the rear rotor so I can pull it off, I'm just not comfortable hitting it with a hammer...

#3 ·
Not sure of the compatibility between other rotors, but slotted/cross-drilled would definitely be an even better addition to this upgrade!! I know that the calipers/rotors/pads/hardware were each sold separately :upsidedow ...

#5 ·
Cool. Thanks for sharing. Wonder if my 17" wheels will fit? Only one way to find out I suppose!

#6 ·
54warrior said:
Cool. Thanks for sharing. Wonder if my 17" wheels will fit? Only one way to find out I suppose!
I think the new trucks have 18" as minimum...so you'd likely be pushing it.

#7 · (Edited)
BEST is using 18 inch wheels OFFSET ??
very few 17 inch will work & I know 04-07 Offroad Wheels will not work.
PART # - (PART NAME) = AMOUNT NEEDED
D1060-ZC60J (HARDWARE KIT)= 1
D1080-ZC60B (BRAKE PADS) = 1
41011-ZC60B (LEFT CALIPER) = 1
41001-ZC60B (RIGHT CALIPER) = 1
40206-ZR00A (ROTORS) = 2
41005-ZC00A (BOLTS) = 4
BRAKE FLUID AT LEAST DOT 3 OR HIGHER
I HAVE DONE 2 SETS NOW..
no mods needed direct bolt on even with Pro-Comp,Fabtech or CST spindles.. Brake pedal alittle softer but brakes much better..
Retail parts are just under $1000 but if you have a hook up...
Thanks Littlemike822 for finally posting it..

#154 ·
does anyone know which production date you need to order these parts under? The dealership i called said there is three. Pre 04/07, 04/07-04/08 and then 04/08 on? My titan is a 2006 4x4 and was built 06/06. also if anyone has a better source for the parts i'd appreciate it...they quoted me like $1300 and thats without pads or rotors.:soap: PM me if you can hook a brother up thanks guys:crying:

#8 ·
adavis99 said:
I think the new trucks have 18" as minimum...so you'd likely be pushing it.
I asked because the poster has 17" wheels. I'm sure if the dealer stands to sell $1000 in parts, they'd gladly let me try my wheel on a new truck in their lot??? :dunno:

#9 ·
Attention site sponsors - can ya'll package this deal up pretty? I'm willing to bet you'd have more than a few customers in line...

#10 ·
Littlemike822 has Helo Maxx8 Chrome 17x9 wheels & seem to be the only 17 that will fit..
We tried 6 different wheels for 08 Titan & none fit (even 2 18 inch.)

#12 ·
Clancy said:
But the stock 04-07 18's fit, right?
Yes.. I know because some 08 XE's come with left over wheels from SE's & LE's or Silver steel wheels..

#14 ·
tazstitan said:
BEST is using 18 inch wheels OFFSET ??
very few 17 inch will work & I know 04-07 Offroad Wheels will not work.
PART # - (PART NAME) = AMOUNT NEEDED
D1060-ZC60J (HARDWARE KIT)= 1
D1080-ZC60B (BRAKE PADS) = 1
41011-ZC60B (LEFT CALIPER) = 1
41001-ZC60B (RIGHT CALIPER) = 1
40206-ZR00A (ROTORS) = 2
41005-ZC00A (BOLTS) = 4
BRAKE FLUID AT LEAST DOT 3 OR HIGHER
I HAVE DONE 2 SETS NOW..
no mods needed direct bolt on even with Pro-Comp,Fabtech or CST spindles.. Brake pedal alittle softer but brakes much better..
Retail parts are just under $1000 but if you have a hook up...
Thanks Littlemike822 for finally posting it..
Oh this is great news! Totally awesome! Finally we have a upgrade path. Nissan is listening and watching the domestic market as far as how to build trucks.

#17 ·
baseballfanz said:
What about the center hub, still the same size? Reuse the old one? TIA
Same size.. but you cant install old rotors 13 inch on 08 truck front hub..
08 front hub has a collar on it..

#18 ·
I forgot to mention one minor detail in my original post :idea: ....
IT STOPS 100X BETTER!!

Probably one of the best mods thus far... And wife/old lady can't fight the $$$ for it because it's a "Safety" feature!! Hahahaha & Good Luck!

#20 ·
awesome deal, glad someone w/ 17"s did this... I had been wondering about the same thing since I probably have about 3 - 6 mths. left on my current brakes... oh yeah, those are HeloMaxx-6's, not 8's... lol, six spokes... kinda like mine...

Attachments

#21 ·
Hey taz, have you tried any 17" American racing wheels to see if they will fit? Curious if my Mojave's will fot. Otherwise I'll just be doing slotted rotors with EBC pads.

#24 ·
Yellomantis said:
Hey taz, have you tried any 17" American racing wheels to see if they will fit? Curious if my Mojave's will fot. Otherwise I'll just be doing slotted rotors with EBC pads.
Not Sure but I will check when you bring in your Truck this weekend.

#26 ·
hooligan said:
taz, you do any sidework?
I have been but I have some Warranty work on Yellow (red) mantis Truck..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.