85K Stillen S/C update - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Performance Modifications Install a new part and cant wait to tell us about it? Great! We'd love to hear about it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 07:18 AM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
85K Stillen S/C update

Hey guys, I havenít been on in a while as other projects were a priority but I thought I would offer my opinions.

I have now had my Supercharger for around 3 years and have managed to put 85,000 + miles on it. I have driven in every type of conditions imaginable from Living in Aspen to Working in Yuma and Spending way too much time in LA. My mileage has been 65% highway with rest in heavy urban environments.

I have owned a wide range of all motor and F/I vehicles. ranging from 360 AWHP Scoobyís to a 450+ RWHP Z's and numerous all motor lead sleds. This however was my first modified truck.

Impressions
As has been said the only thing better than power is more of it and the s/c has definitely delivered. The truck has a fairly linear torque curve with good power available from 1800 to 4500 rpm. The superman appeal of going from tire melting head jerking power to mild mannered truck is nice.

Issues
I have read some of the other threads about the issues some have experienced and I feel for these guys; I was very concerned that I would have the same. But I can honestly say that I have not had one real problem, since the installation issues were worked out. The Stillen kit has been excellent and in my opinion was well designed.

Opinions
Modifying any car is not for the faint of heart, adding aftermarket forced induction doubly so. This vehicle however, has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. The truck, the s/c and all other components have operated flawlessly. Maybe I am lucky but I believe it more to be an issue of good installs, good maintenance, and driving it like a truck; I donít mean to imply anyone else problems were due to these things. I feel that it was good investment and that It has been a good return for the money.

The truck is getting older and she is being replaced by a plug-in hybrid (the irony is not lost on me). I am planning on pushing the limits this winter and seeing what she can really do, therefore any ideas would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 07:32 AM

Re: 85K Stillen S/C update

Nice, I have had mine on for coming up on two years, and about 20,000 miles, and I have not had any real issues other than some belt squeak. Looks like a good installation can really be the deal maker for this add-on. Its good to hear from someone who has had a positive experience with their SC. Knew there was a risk when I put it on, but was willing to accept it. I feel that Stillen did a good job of maximizing what they could do safely without destroying the tranny, cats, etc. I am very curious to see what they have up their sleeve for the stage 3 upgrade.

Bought on May 1, 2004
2004 Galaxy Black 4x4 LE loaded: Nav, DVD, Big Tow
In 05: Fender Flares, Banks, K&N 77 Series
In 06: Stillen SC, TrueTrac, Stillen Diff Cover
In 07: Stillen BBK & Rear Discs, Stillen Sway Bar
In 08: No mods, just gas expense
In 09: She's out of there, will miss the Titan
#3 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 07:40 AM

Thanks for the update on the SC. It's nice for us owners who maybe in the future look to getting one but were put off by all the posts by the others having serious issues. Keep us updated on whatever else you do this winter.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink because when they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

2008 SE CC
Mods: Debadged, 8" CST, Eibach Springs, 18x10 Raceline Renegade 6, 35" Toyo MT's, Gibson Catback, K&N CAI, Billet Grille, Roadmaster Active Suspension, Nissan Factory Hitch, Big Tow Mirrors, Fog Lights, N-Fab Step Rails, Tech Box w/ 2 SD 12's, CDT Comps, CDT Rears, SD 100.4 Amp, BULLY DOG (ruff ruff).......R.I.P.
#4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 08:46 PM

Send a message via MSN to pedalhappy1053

You worked in Yuma........I live in Yuma. Small town huh lol

NEXT MOD: UPREV And Trutrac

Performance: K&N FIPK Intake, Throttle Body Spacer, BANKS exhaust
Suspension: 6" Pro Comp Lift, SAW Coilovers with PRG Upper Control Arms, Ionic Dynamics front fenders
Audio: Alpine CDA-9887 Deck, 2 Planet Audio BB212D sub woofers, 2 Memphis Audio 15-MCS69 speakers, Hiphonics BXi2006D Amp, EFX Hyperdrive HD4300 Amp

"Girls love my truck"

My sub woofers move more air than your turbo
#5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 05:24 AM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dads_taxi View Post
Thanks for the update and the confidence that you inspire in the Stillen supercharger. I just got mine last week and it's still in the boxes. I can't wait to install it.

I have one question: Is the supercharger whine noticable during normal driving conditions?

Thanks again,
Mine is not.

Friends don't let friends add boost to their Titans...

2004 SE KC 4x4 Titan
B & B Exhaust
Volant CAI
Stillen S/C
Stillen Headers
TruTrak
IPT VB
Level 10 TC
Level 10 Rebuild kit
RB tuned ECU
#6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 07:32 AM

I agree with Q. During normal driving and light acceleration its does not whine. You can sit in the driveway and rev it all you want, and still will not hear it, however when the engine is under load, like heavy acceleration, you absolutely hear the lovely sound. You can minimize it if you prefer, by not using an open air CAI.

Bought on May 1, 2004
2004 Galaxy Black 4x4 LE loaded: Nav, DVD, Big Tow
In 05: Fender Flares, Banks, K&N 77 Series
In 06: Stillen SC, TrueTrac, Stillen Diff Cover
In 07: Stillen BBK & Rear Discs, Stillen Sway Bar
In 08: No mods, just gas expense
In 09: She's out of there, will miss the Titan
#7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 10:13 AM

Just remember. It is ALL ABOUT THE INSTALL!! The install will make or break your truck.

2004 SE KC 4x4 Titan
B & B Exhaust
Volant CAI
Stillen S/C
Stillen Headers
TruTrak
IPT VB
Level 10 TC
Level 10 Rebuild kit
RB tuned ECU
#8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 07:24 AM

Quote:
I think I will be in deep trouble either way.
As long as you're ok with the consequences.

When you do tell her, let me know what you said and how it went so I will have something to learn from!

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink because when they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

2008 SE CC
Mods: Debadged, 8" CST, Eibach Springs, 18x10 Raceline Renegade 6, 35" Toyo MT's, Gibson Catback, K&N CAI, Billet Grille, Roadmaster Active Suspension, Nissan Factory Hitch, Big Tow Mirrors, Fog Lights, N-Fab Step Rails, Tech Box w/ 2 SD 12's, CDT Comps, CDT Rears, SD 100.4 Amp, BULLY DOG (ruff ruff).......R.I.P.
#9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 05:31 AM

Quote:
I ask about the whine, because I haven't told my wife yet. I may install it now and get her permission later. I think I will be in deep trouble either way.
LOL! Uh oh!

2004 SE KC 4x4 Titan
B & B Exhaust
Volant CAI
Stillen S/C
Stillen Headers
TruTrak
IPT VB
Level 10 TC
Level 10 Rebuild kit
RB tuned ECU

Jump to top