Nissan Titan Forum

Nissan Titan Forum (http://www.titantalk.com/forums/)
-   Titan Pictures & Media Post (http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-pictures-media-post/)
-   -   My new Rigid Dually Offroad lights!!! (http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-pictures-media-post/147977-my-new-rigid-dually-offroad-lights.html)

Rescue Titan 307 07-12-2012 11:29 AM

My new Rigid Dually Offroad lights!!!
 
I just got my Rigid Duallys, Amber spots on the front and White Spots on the rear. These lights are awesome! Super bright at night. Here are some day pics. Night pics to follow...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7256/7...c95cac2d34.jpg


http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8142/7...fcd70b489b.jpg

TURNandBurn 07-12-2012 11:47 AM

Re: My new Rigid Dually Offroad lights!!!
 
normally when someone says superbright at nite, heres some pics...they post pics of what they look like at night. lol. so we could see output.

question..why did u go with ambers up front? and the mounting location on the rear? looks awkward kinda. you ever think of cutting your rear bumper corners and placing them in there? just an idea i thought of when i saw the pic.

madrock 07-12-2012 12:07 PM

Re: My new Rigid Dually Offroad lights!!!
 
I have 4 of them on my wife's Jeep Commander. They are bright at night. And, I would take some night time photos if I knew how to control my shutter speeds ;)

Rescue Titan 307 07-12-2012 08:27 PM

Re: My new Rigid Dually Offroad lights!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TURNandBurn (Post 2795400)
normally when someone says superbright at nite, heres some pics...they post pics of what they look like at night. lol. so we could see output.

question..why did u go with ambers up front? and the mounting location on the rear? looks awkward kinda. you ever think of cutting your rear bumper corners and placing them in there? just an idea i thought of when i saw the pic.

I will get some night pics soon. The ambers make good daytime running lights, very visible and different, and add a nice lighting effect at night. I was trying to find the best way to get the light directed where I need it without drilling. I tow many trailers and some of them at night so the placement was made with that in mind. eventually I will have some Dually floods mounted below the bumper. The ones on the bed are attached with a strip of 1/4 Aluminium that is mounted on the track in the bed. No drilling needed.

Night pics on the way...

HRTKD 07-12-2012 08:45 PM

Re: My new Rigid Dually Offroad lights!!!
 
Ditto to what TurnandBurn said. That's not bright at night. THIS is bright at night.
http://egansonline.com/Titan/BackupLights.jpg

And that's before I put on my 10" Rigid LED bars.

Rescue Titan 307 07-12-2012 09:34 PM

Re: My new Rigid Dually Offroad lights!!!
 

Rescue Titan 307 07-13-2012 05:01 PM

Re: My new Rigid Dually Offroad lights!!!
 
HRTKD, Are those rigid duallys on your rear?

HRTKD 07-15-2012 11:29 AM

Re: My new Rigid Dually Offroad lights!!!
 
I think the picture was taken with the 6" Rigid spot LED set. I now have the hybrid 10" set on there.

madrock 07-15-2012 12:01 PM

Re: My new Rigid Dually Offroad lights!!!
 
Rescue,

How did you mount them on the back?

Rescue Titan 307 07-15-2012 02:35 PM

Re: My new Rigid Dually Offroad lights!!!
 
Hey Madrock, The rear Duallys are mounted using a flat 1/4 inch bar of aluminium that I bent into an L shape. I secured it to the utili-track using a flat steel bar slid into the track and bolted to the L bent aluminium with a carriage bolt. The aluminium bar is bent to fit flat along the top of the bed side. The tonneau cover closes on top of the bar and seals up well enough. I will try to get a close up shot for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by madrock (Post 2798450)
Rescue,

How did you mount them on the back?


Rescue Titan 307 07-17-2012 06:33 PM

Re: My new Rigid Dually Offroad lights!!!
 
Here are the pics of the bracket that I fabricated. It is a little bit crude, I made it out of stuff I found in the garage. One day when I have time I'll probably make it look a bit better, but for now it does the trick...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7130/7...de81da5463.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8019/7...7f86dff2ee.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8165/7...2902899b0a.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8022/7...6becc05570.jpg


Quote:

Originally Posted by Rescue Titan 307 (Post 2798586)
Hey Madrock, The rear Duallys are mounted using a flat 1/4 inch bar of aluminium that I bent into an L shape. I secured it to the utili-track using a flat steel bar slid into the track and bolted to the L bent aluminium with a carriage bolt. The aluminium bar is bent to fit flat along the top of the bed side. The tonneau cover closes on top of the bar and seals up well enough. I will try to get a close up shot for you.


Kronos1965 07-17-2012 07:24 PM

Re: My new Rigid Dually Offroad lights!!!
 
2 Attachment(s)
I have a set of Rigid floods for fog and auxilliary back up lights.

One of the best mods I've done...

Rescue Titan 307 07-18-2012 07:33 AM

Re: My new Rigid Dually Offroad lights!!!
 
I agree. These lights are awesome. I have 4 more on the way.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Kronos1965 (Post 2801034)
I have a set of Rigid floods for fog and auxilliary back up lights.

One of the best mods I've done...


HRTKD 07-18-2012 08:20 AM

Re: My new Rigid Dually Offroad lights!!!
 
For what it's worth, my RI lights are mounted under the bumper and angled out slightly. I bought the cradle that RI makes for each light size. The cradle is mounted on the existing bolt used by the bumper to connect to one of the struts (located on the inside of the bumper). Attaching the light and cradle is the easy part. Wiring it up takes more time. I re-used the wiring and relay that came with my KC Hilites backup lights. So my RI LED's come on when I put the transmission in Reverse. I can still add a switch to turn the lights on when not in reverse (reverse will still work too) but I haven't found the need for that yet.

Rescue Titan 307 07-18-2012 08:39 AM

Re: My new Rigid Dually Offroad lights!!!
 
Thanks for the tip. I will look under there again. The next set that I get will go under there. Do you have pics?


Quote:

Originally Posted by HRTKD (Post 2801450)
For what it's worth, my RI lights are mounted under the bumper and angled out slightly. I bought the cradle that RI makes for each light size. The cradle is mounted on the existing bolt used by the bumper to connect to one of the struts (located on the inside of the bumper). Attaching the light and cradle is the easy part. Wiring it up takes more time. I re-used the wiring and relay that came with my KC Hilites backup lights. So my RI LED's come on when I put the transmission in Reverse. I can still add a switch to turn the lights on when not in reverse (reverse will still work too) but I haven't found the need for that yet.



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.