Power window problems... - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Problems & Dealer Service Having a problem with your truck? Dealer service got you down? Let us know here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 08:53 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Power window problems...

ok guys i know there are a dozen or so threads on power windows problems on here, but i cant find exactly what i need. ok so ive been having problems with my driver side front window. it started sticking when all the way down or all the way up but if you beat on the door panel enough it would eventually do what you needed it to do, but it is slowly deteriorating, now it will roll itself down without much problem but i have to stop it before going all the way down so that i can push it back up. the motor will help out some on the way up, but will not roll up without being pushed up by hand... ive already taken the door panel off and checked and cleaned all the guides and the tracks are not binding that i can see, the cables look good and are not fraying or rusting... so am i correct in the assumption that the motor is bad and needs replaced or is there anything i have overlooked.

Any input would be greatly appreciated
The Following User Says Thank You to ALtitan For This Useful Post:
dpinegar (12-01-2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 03:14 AM

Re: Power window problems...

Check out this link to this thread....My problem was that the cables started to fray which caused the binding and made it hard to roll the window back up..

Window Rolled down and Inop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldaman View Post
My rear driver's side window started having problems rolling back up...It started to make a grinding noise and finally got stuck 1/4 up. After removing the door panels and inspecting the window track, I discovered the cables started to come apart..The motor was still fine. I ended up purchasing a window regulator...The window works fine now...It rolls up and down with ease...

'04 Titan Crew Cab 4x4-Off Road Package / Big Tow

Add-Ons:

-2.5" Leveling Kit
-Husky Floor liners
-Drop in K&N Air Filter
-JBA Cat Back exhaust
-7" Head Rest DVD Monitors

-BFG KM2s (305/65/17) Tires

"My old Ride"
The Following User Says Thank You to aldaman For This Useful Post:
ALtitan (11-22-2009)
#3 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 03:17 AM

....You may not be able to see the cable being frayed, but could just be enough to cause the bind...Does the motor get hot? If so, something is causing the blockage/bind...

'04 Titan Crew Cab 4x4-Off Road Package / Big Tow

Add-Ons:

-2.5" Leveling Kit
-Husky Floor liners
-Drop in K&N Air Filter
-JBA Cat Back exhaust
-7" Head Rest DVD Monitors

-BFG KM2s (305/65/17) Tires

"My old Ride"
The Following User Says Thank You to aldaman For This Useful Post:
ALtitan (11-22-2009)
#4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 05:01 AM

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 54warrior

^^ I had same problems as aldaman. My cables were rusted/frayed/bound up in the motor 'spool'

Window issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54warrior View Post
Think this could be the problem??? Anyone know if I can buy just the cables? The motor itself is running fine, both directions, like brand new. What a PITA to get my big clubby hands inside that door!

Truck: 05 CC SE 4x4
Performance/Drivetrain: JBA CAtback w/ 2* Advance, PRG Driveshaft Spacer, PRG Street Traction Bars
Suspension: PC 6", SAW Coils, ProComp MX6 Adjustable Rear Shocks, Total Chaos Shackles, removed anti-sway bar
Wheels/Tires: Stock 6 Spoke Charcoal Wheels with Nitto Terra Grapplers-325/65R-18
Brakes: Stock w/ PRG Stainless Lines (Front)
Lighting: (3) Hella 500 Driving Lights
Misc: Husky Liners, Bug Shield, Tonneau, Bed Liner'ed Rockers, Home-Made© Skid Plates, Vent Visors
The Following User Says Thank You to 54warrior For This Useful Post:
ALtitan (11-22-2009)
#5 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 02:02 PM

Thanks to everyone for the input. so i guess my next step will be to remove the tracks motor and everything and see where to go from there... work is so slow right now i cant afford to guess and buy parts that i dont need... does anybody have an estimate of what the new regulator would cost?... oh and to top it all off now my passenger front window is messin up. It acts as if the front track is binding and the rear of the window is coming up to fast making it pop out of the guide... Love the Titan HATE the windows...
#6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 05:50 PM

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 54warrior

The rear guide/track thing was $120 from Nissan when I purchased mine back in April/May.

Truck: 05 CC SE 4x4
Performance/Drivetrain: JBA CAtback w/ 2* Advance, PRG Driveshaft Spacer, PRG Street Traction Bars
Suspension: PC 6", SAW Coils, ProComp MX6 Adjustable Rear Shocks, Total Chaos Shackles, removed anti-sway bar
Wheels/Tires: Stock 6 Spoke Charcoal Wheels with Nitto Terra Grapplers-325/65R-18
Brakes: Stock w/ PRG Stainless Lines (Front)
Lighting: (3) Hella 500 Driving Lights
Misc: Husky Liners, Bug Shield, Tonneau, Bed Liner'ed Rockers, Home-Made© Skid Plates, Vent Visors
The Following User Says Thank You to 54warrior For This Useful Post:
ALtitan (11-23-2009)
#7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 08:33 AM

Where is the best place to buy a window motor?? My 04 has the same problem but it is definitely the motor. Dealer wants about $ 200 just for the motor, not installed. Auto parts stores say they carry a re-built motor, however when they acutally look there are none in stock or available. Any suggestions???
#8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 07:26 AM

Well I pulled the motor and regulator couple days ago. Regulator was fine and Checked and cleaned and oiled cables they are in near perfect shape. I am picking up the motor today from a local auto place ($89) and I will let everyone know If it takes care of the problem
#9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 09:01 AM

Well they ordered the wrong part so I guess it will be tommorow before I get it. And for anyone having trouble finding the motor advance auto parts is getting it for me overnight.
#10 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 10:21 AM

The motor fixed it! I finally have power windows again! Works like new again!
#11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 07:03 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to razorvines

How do you know if it is the motor or the regulator? My passenger side window isn't working and just clicks if I try to roll it down from the drivers side.

06 Titan Blizzard SE CC | 2 tone Gray Leather Interior | 20% tint | LineX Bed liner | Wade channel vent visors | Air Box Mod
#12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 10:56 AM

Remove the entire track and motor from the door then remove the motor from the regulator. First hook just the motor back to the wiring harness and make sure that the motor will turn without any load. Then take a socket wrench and put it in the back of the regulator and turn it in each direction and check the cables if the cables look good and it goes back and forth without much effort then it's prob gonna be your motor
#13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 08:17 AM

Okay I got the door panel off last night, but didn't want to go any further without consultation.

So my question is with the window stuck all the way up, do I just need to take out all of these bolts (circled in red) for the track to drop down enough to pull the window out?

06 Titan Blizzard SE CC | 2 tone Gray Leather Interior | 20% tint | LineX Bed liner | Wade channel vent visors | Air Box Mod
#14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 12:26 PM

Well I would try hooking the switches back up and pulling on the window to try and get it down sometimes banging on the motor would get mine to move. You need to have the window about a quarter of the way up from the bottom so that the bolts that hold the window to the guide are easily accessed. Your first step should be to unbolt the window from the guide and set it down in the bottom of the door then remove the bolts you have circled and the bolts attached to the motor and then work both the tracks and motor assembly out, just be careful not to scratch up your window tint when removing the tracks. There's really nothing to it once you figure out the order everything goes in. After pulling and reassembling everything to figure out the problem it only took me twenty minutes the second time. If you run in to any more problems shoot me a pm and I'll give you my cellnumber
#15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 12:51 PM

Yeah I tried shaking, beating, and all that good stuff last night but couldn't get it to budge using the switch. So will the whole assembly come out that bottom hole once the window is out of the tracks?
Thanks for the help! If I am ever up in that part of Bama, I will have to buy you a drink!

Last edited by razorvines; 01-27-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Jump to top