No manual shift - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Problems & Dealer Service Having a problem with your truck? Dealer service got you down? Let us know here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 07:42 AM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
No manual shift

Is the manual shift option on an 05 SE fuse related. Worked yesterday doesn't today and I am 200 miles from my nearest dealer and when I called the service adviser said they would not diagnose over the phone. All I need to know is if it is a fuse related item or bigger mess. I have replace 2 rear brake rotors 2 fuel pumps 1 Ipdm module and a rear u-joint in 29 thousand miles and almost over it. Most of it in the last eight months. I commute with this truck and it doesn't see any real dirt. Any direction would be really appreciated.

Pat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 08:18 AM

Re: No manual shift

2 fuel pumps? Are you sure it wasn't the IPDM all along? Anyway....some details of what "doesn't work today" means would help people figure out what's going on with your manual shift. Without a description of the problem it is hard to tell you what might be happening.

2005 Titan LE King Cab 4x4 Offroad Big Tow FFV.

Radiant Silver with charcoal leather interior, black Nissan OEM brush guard, 33x12.50r17LT Hercules Trail Digger tires on OEM OR 7-spoke 17" rims, Rough Country 3" lift, 1" rear block, Bilsteins 5100s front and rear, Hawk LTS brake pads, MOOG lower ball joints, 2011 Pro4x rear end, Axle vent mod, 2 degree timing advance, NGK Iridium spark plugs, Stock Airbox mod with K&N filter, Magnaflow 14" SI/SO muffler on stock pipes with T304 stainless double-wall tip, Optima Yellow Top D34 battery, OEM Rockford Fosgate audio system, Protecta chrome tool box, 6000K HID headlights, TomTom GO 920 Navigation system.

2012 Nissan Rogue SV AWD - Wife's ride
#3 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 09:01 AM

You are probably right. I was using the manual shift on my truck yesterday, (you know push the button on the end of the shift handle so it goes to the number 4) I do this in town mostly so it doesn't seem to shift as much. Today it won't go to the manual mode at all. I wonder if maybe it is a fuse and just pop it, but can't really tell on my fuse panel.

On the fuel pump issue. I replaced the first one at 15000 and it was melted, way hot, yes I did run my fuel tank to the light on occassion but haven't since that time. The second one could or could not have been from the Ipdm, they were replaced about a thousand miles apart, I dig the truck but makes me nervous to drive this thing out of state so I tend to take the other truck to the races.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 09:17 AM

Well, I don't have the manual shift option on my truck, but what I have done on other vehicles with potential fuse-related issues is to take a test light and go through and test each fuse individually. Whether or not there is a fuse for the manual shift.... I have no idea, but if you find a dead fuse with your test light, you might as well replace it. That worked for fixing a strange issue with losing power to the display of my programmer on my previous truck. It only takes 5 minutes with a test light to find out if you have a blown fuse.

2005 Titan LE King Cab 4x4 Offroad Big Tow FFV.

Radiant Silver with charcoal leather interior, black Nissan OEM brush guard, 33x12.50r17LT Hercules Trail Digger tires on OEM OR 7-spoke 17" rims, Rough Country 3" lift, 1" rear block, Bilsteins 5100s front and rear, Hawk LTS brake pads, MOOG lower ball joints, 2011 Pro4x rear end, Axle vent mod, 2 degree timing advance, NGK Iridium spark plugs, Stock Airbox mod with K&N filter, Magnaflow 14" SI/SO muffler on stock pipes with T304 stainless double-wall tip, Optima Yellow Top D34 battery, OEM Rockford Fosgate audio system, Protecta chrome tool box, 6000K HID headlights, TomTom GO 920 Navigation system.

2012 Nissan Rogue SV AWD - Wife's ride
#5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 01:52 PM

HEY GUYS . I HAD THE SAME ISSUE ON MY 05 TITAN. I FOUND THAT IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BUTTON ON THE END OF THE SHIFTER. IT WAS A BROKEN WIRE THAT THE SHIFTER HAD PINCHED. A LIL ADVICE THE KNOB DOSE COME APART ON THE SHIFTER HANDEL BUT I WOULDNT SUGGEST U DONT TAKE IT APART. I DID MINE BEFORE I FOUND THE BROKEN WIRE AND MANY SMALL PARTS FELL OUT ON THE FLOOR. TO CHECK FOR A BROKEN WIRE TAKE THE PLASTIC COVERS OFF AROUND THE STEERING COLOUM. A LITTLE BUNDDLE OF WIRES ARE FISHED THRU THE SHIFTER THAT GO INTO A PLUG CHECK THAT FIRST. GOOD LUCK AND I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEBODY
#6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 3,263 Times in 2,171 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Good thread here
Auto to manual??

2014 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Titan/Armada Part Numbers

Frequently asked fuse locations

305.5 WHP, 370.4 ft/lbs tq