Nissan Titan Forum banner

heater just died - actuator questions

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Fox Delta 
#1 · (Edited)
today my heater just died and started blowing cold after going from defrost to vent. It has always done the clicky thing with the actuator so I am thinking maybe it stripped out and finally stuck which is not letting hot air through? The HVAC valve is warm on both sides and doesn't seem to be messed up or stopping flow of radiator fluid.

from what I've read to change this actuator most people go to the dealer and they pull the dash off and switch them out and problem solved? This is like 900$ due to labor without warranty? Can someone confirm this?

Update: so last week they replaced my radiator cap, I could tell the tech opened it hot because there was coolant all over the fan but it fixed the spray leak I had. Some threads said air pockets in the coolant system can cause the heater to not work. I started the truck, pulled the cap off and boom I have pretty good heat again. If I try shutting the heat off I can't turn it back on again, it just blows cold, unless I pull the radiator cap then it gets hot? So air in lines? Suggestions?

#2 ·
mine is doing the clicky thing too and my dealer told me it was like 2000 dollars due to price of parts and labor. You can lube it without pulling the dash and my dealer (said) did this for me for no charge since my extended warranty had expired.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.