IPDM - ECU relay problems, symptoms and solution. - Page 4 - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Problems & Dealer Service Having a problem with your truck? Dealer service got you down? Let us know here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
#46 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 08:56 AM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Re: IPDM - ECU relay problems, symptoms and solution.

Why do you have to return the truck to "original tune" as stated in a previous how-to post?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#47 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 09:33 AM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i understand that the ecm relay is on recall. but do you know if the ecm relay damaged the ipdm board will nissan also cover the ipdm cost and labor? just asking Thanks for all your great info with part # etc. 05 titan
#48 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 05:56 PM

New IPDM

This sucks got some relays and they where used , so i got the new and inproved IPDM and it only lasted 2 days and failed
Had to do the fog light swap on it to get it to run
Hopefully with new relays ill be ok for a while...
#49 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 07:40 PM

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanistic View Post
Why do you have to return the truck to "original tune" as stated in a previous how-to post?
That was me. Just a precaution. Dont know if you really need to tune it back to stock but I wasnt taking any chances.

#50 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krh2 View Post
That was me. Just a precaution. Dont know if you really need to tune it back to stock but I wasnt taking any chances.
Thank you krh2.
#51 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 11:17 AM

Exclamation Re: IPDM - ECU relay problems, symptoms and solution.

ifeel so frustrated with this POS truck i got a new IPDM 2 days and it went bad , i got new relays (3) and 1 lasted 1 day
this morning when I need my truck for work it wont start got another new spare relay in and still wont start
The For Sale sign is on the truck but how am i going to sell it if it dont run???
My wife told me need some matches???
#52 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 12:19 PM

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Get some help for a deeper diagnosis, no need to sell the truck. You may simply have a loose pin in one connector. I swapped an IPDM for someone, and it would not crank, simply because 1 pin got pushed out somewhere when we were disconnecting it. Easily pushed back in and pin locked in place. been good for almost a year now. So many problems are just connections, not expensive modules. FYI for all: The new ECU Relays are only $3 at the dealer.

2006 XE CC Pref Pkg BT with AEM Brute Force CAI, PowerAid TB Spacer, TB Reversed Valve ByPass Mod, 2007+ Intake, JBA Headers, MagnaFlow 24" Muffler, 2008+ Rear Axle, Stillen: F & R Sway Bars, Black Diff Cover, Engine Dress Up Kit, 4 pc StreetScene SS Mesh Grille, PRG End Links, Street Traction Bars & Shackles, UpRev Osiris Tuner 93 Performance Tuned, 18" SE Rims, Functional Hood Scoop ...

IRC VK56 Member "Special Operations"

MD Chapter Director
#53 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 11:47 PM

Exclamation Re: IPDM - ECU relay problems, symptoms and solution.

Ok so far so good got it running
Had to jump it with my 1999 durango cuz i drained the battery
Here is what i did wrong: checking for loose conections I unhooked the ECM so I lost Ethanol Mixture Ratio Adaptation , and other computer adaptations , also lost comunication w/ BCM and ECM so they had to be paired again
#54 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

iTrader Score: 8 reviews

My T's 3 hours away at a dealership in Dallas with this problem right now. Took it in with all the symptoms, they did the ECU relay recall swap, didn't fix the problem. Had to leave it there. >.<

They called me yesterday and told me it was in "failsafe" mode and the only problem was the cats were bad. I asked him which ones, he said the 2 closest to the engine. Quoted me $1500 for 2 cats! Later I realized he probably meant $1500 for the two cats AND the stock manifolds they're welded to. At least, I hope that's what he meant.
I called them back later and let them know it's likely the IDPM (after I researched on here lol). They haven't gotten back to me yet.

I do have a question for those more knowledgeable than me: Is it possible the IDPM malfunction caused unburnt fuel to pass through my exhaust system? I think I saw that on another forum, and my buddy said he saw liquid coming out my pipe when we did the block around the dealership. That would definitely fry my cats, right?

12 lifted F-250 6.7 Scorpion CC 4x4
SOLD04 Focus SVT procharged @ 10psi
SOLD 06 Smoke CC 4x 120k uprev/ DT LTs/ Gibson/ Injen
Click HERE to see 06 Mods
#55 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 08:44 AM
Premium User

Today Brian from Cooley called me, and I told him to go ahead and replace the IPDM board. $260 installed and programmed. A bill more than is really fair, but it is a dealership. Told them to throw a spare ECU relay in the glove box for me.

Hopefully this gets my truck running so I can bring her home and get the next phase started!

#56 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Premium User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD5050 View Post
Today Brian from Cooley called me, and I told him to go ahead and replace the IPDM board. $260 installed and programmed. A bill more than is really fair, but it is a dealership. Told them to throw a spare ECU relay in the glove box for me.
I'm confused, shouldn't this be covered under the IPDM recall that just came out? Also, what is the "programming" they are talking about? There's no programming of the IPDM involved that i know of. I replaced mine a year ago when the original one failed. Picked it up from the dealer and installed it myself at the cost of parts. I didn't program sh**...

Sounds like you might be getting some smoke blown up your a**. I'm just looking out for ya, maybe you have other circumstances, but definitely check on that.

-Ryan
2006 Nissan Titan LE Crew Cab 4x4
Big Tow Package - Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers - JBA Cat-back Exhaust - Uprev Tuned
Homemade 2" Leveling Kit - PML Transmission Pan - PML Rear Differential Cover
Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Pro Grade LT275-70-R18 - Roadmaster Active Suspension HD - Air Box Mod - '08 Rear Shackles
Mobile 1 Synthetic Motor Oil, Mobile 1 ATF, Royal Purple Gear Oils

Record Tow: 11,000 lbs Seattle to Michigan and back.
#57 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Premium User

I completely agree. But I've got it sitting at this dealership 3 hours away from my home town, and wanted to give them [I]something[I]since they definitely won't be getting the $1500 for new manifolds.
Plus, I'm really hoping that the IPDM replacement will fix the sputtering (truck won't get over 45mph) and I can bring her home on her own, and not on a trailer.

>.< Programming a fuse box, lol.

#58 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Premium User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD5050 View Post
I completely agree. But I've got it sitting at this dealership 3 hours away from my home town, and wanted to give them [I]something[I]since they definitely won't be getting the $1500 for new manifolds.
I'd be an absolute di*k to them and demand everything be free since that's what Nissan's warranty states. You have every right to. Telling me i have to pony up $1500 for new manifolds without even checking what the problem really was would piss me off. "Oh, our bad, turns out it was only a $250 IPDM, that's already been recalled, but we still want you to pay for that too"

Are you under 80,000 miles?

I get so sick of dealerships and their bull sh**. It's ridiculous that WE have to remind THEM of their warranty on the emissions system. I wonder how many people, going off what the dealer told them, paid for new manifolds when they should have got them free. I'd be pissed!

Good luck man and hopefully it all works out for ya. Definitely frustrating.

-Ryan
2006 Nissan Titan LE Crew Cab 4x4
Big Tow Package - Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers - JBA Cat-back Exhaust - Uprev Tuned
Homemade 2" Leveling Kit - PML Transmission Pan - PML Rear Differential Cover
Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Pro Grade LT275-70-R18 - Roadmaster Active Suspension HD - Air Box Mod - '08 Rear Shackles
Mobile 1 Synthetic Motor Oil, Mobile 1 ATF, Royal Purple Gear Oils

Record Tow: 11,000 lbs Seattle to Michigan and back.

Last edited by krickett; 01-16-2011 at 11:24 AM.
#59 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 01:28 AM

This whole thread is a great read. I hope that I can get some info from someone on here:

A-if my T falls under the recall? I won't get a letter, as I am not the original owner.
B-can I really do this myself? Please send me a link where I can buy one of these.
C-I am moving from CA to TX right after I get back from Iraq, so I don't have the time or patience to mess around with some jerk at a stealership... Help!!

Thanks guys.
#60 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Premium User

UPDATE:

IPDM replacement did not fix issue, truck is still in failsafe mode. Dealership said it was bad cats (because of cracked manifolds). So, once I replace all of that in a week or so I'll let you guys know.

Jump to top