Steering Wheel buttons for Radioo and Bluetooth not working - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Problems & Dealer Service Having a problem with your truck? Dealer service got you down? Let us know here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 07:41 AM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question Steering Wheel buttons for Radioo and Bluetooth not working

I have a 2008 Pro 4x and the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel stopped working (volume, channel selector, mode and voice command). Any suggestions on where to begin troubleshooting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 10:30 AM

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Re: Steering Wheel buttons for Radioo and Bluetooth not working

I would start with the fuses. And then the stereo.
#3 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 02:59 PM

I have the same exact problem with my 2008 Titan LE. Problem started yesterday. The only thing that I did was lift the tilt wheel and bring it back to normal. Other research points to a "Clock Spring" or wiring short. Stock stereo, never messed with any internal wiring. Stereo works fine, bluetooth is fine, cruise control on the right side is fine. All controls on the left side are In-Op.

Looks like I might have to go to the dealer and start shelling out the big $$$ unless anyone knows of a fix!

Thanks!
#4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstotz View Post
I have the same exact problem with my 2008 Titan LE. Problem started yesterday. The only thing that I did was lift the tilt wheel and bring it back to normal. Other research points to a "Clock Spring" or wiring short. Stock stereo, never messed with any internal wiring. Stereo works fine, bluetooth is fine, cruise control on the right side is fine. All controls on the left side are In-Op.

Looks like I might have to go to the dealer and start shelling out the big $$$ unless anyone knows of a fix!

Thanks!
Was anyone able to figure this out??? My volume control, mode, presets, and Bluetooth will only work when the wheel is turned 1/4 turn to the right or left, and does not work while the wheel is straight. I have read all the posts about the spiral cord/clock spring, and I don't think this is the case since everything else works. Cstotz, if you figured it out, please let me know!!!

Thanks
#5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013, 09:00 AM

Looking for a solution myself. Seems there are a few threads with others having same issue (even on other Nissan vehicle forums), but no post of resolution. My cruise and horn work fine, all the time, but I can't get any of the switches on the left side for audio and bluetooth to work. I have ordered and tried new switches and that didn't work. I've checked connections to the switches and to the clockspring as well as to the stereo. No luck. I guess the next thing is to replace the clockspring, but I figured if that was going bad, I would have some kind of issue with cruise... Anyway, before I TRY the clockspring, I sure would like to know if anyone else has found resolution......
#6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 08:05 PM

Probably a wiring issue in the steering column. I would open it up and see if any wires are messed up such as unintentional grounding.

2007 Titan SE 2wd CC
Suspension: 2.5" spacers, 1" blocks
Tires: Cooper A/T3 275/70/18
#7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 08:26 PM

If it's an aftermarket HU, try having the modulator reprogrammed. Stock HU, I would look more toward the clock spring or the controls themselves.

Beer makes me smarterer
2009 CC long bed, extra napkins in glove box, ejector seat, 2* timing advance, a couple pens and paper along with a flashlight and candy in center console, Justin Bieber needs to die, I turn the wipers on when it rains, cabin air filters, headlights are good at night, junk mail gets thrown in back seat, forward launching napalm, washing machine parts and tow strap in rear door pocket, flux capacitor, & a full tank of gas.

Recently added: Herpes all over stereo bezel, spider nest in flux capacitor, really bad fart/vomit smell once windows are touched...door handles are where I keep my booger collection.
#8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 11:48 AM

I got mine figured out. It was the clockspring! I plugged and unplugged everything in back of the radio and in the steering wheel with no luck. Replaced the clockspring this afternoon and I have full functionality of all buttons.
#9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013, 08:02 PM

What is the clock spring
#10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013, 08:03 PM

And how much was it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top