Wet Carpet On Driver's Side - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Problems & Dealer Service Having a problem with your truck? Dealer service got you down? Let us know here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-26-2004, 03:35 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Wet Carpet On Driver's Side

[FONT=Verdana]Has anyone had a problem with the carpet getting wet on the driver's side? I've read about the A/C problems on the passenger's side. Could this be the same problem?[/FONT]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-26-2004, 06:50 PM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I have had my SE CC about two weeks now. I first noticed my floor mats were wet on their underside. I pulled back the carpet and the floors were not wet. for about a week now i only drive with my A/c on its min setting and not blowing on the floor (before i kept it on max on blowing through the vents and the floor). SInce that time i have not noticed any wet spots! I think it was just condensation from the heat we kave had. Not sure if this applies to your problem, but thought i would throw it out to you.
#3 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nanc
[FONT=Verdana]Has anyone had a problem with the carpet getting wet on the driver's side? I've read about the A/C problems on the passenger's side. Could this be the same problem?[/FONT]
Not likely since the AC drain is on the firewall in the passenger footwell.
#4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 2,836 Times in 1,879 Posts
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Isn't there an A/C duct that runs under the carpet on the driver's side? Can that be (1) leaking or (2) condensing moisture onto the surface of the cooled A/C duct?

#5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nanc
Hey I had the same. The dealer installed a longer condensation drain line on the pass side, they said the water would catch on a plastic rail and travel to the driver side. Since the fix my carpet has dried and will be replaced due to odor. good luck, Mike
#6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 09:18 AM

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a leak in the seam at the kick panel. Dealer repaired it. They found it by running a water hose on the outside for hours.
#7 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 08:38 PM
Banned

i have just discovered this on my titan, and actually posted a new thread because i didn't know about this one. where exactly is the kick panel? also, where is this plastic channel that the water drains back? i'd like to check some of this stuff because the dealer didn't do crap to investigate the problem. thanks.

Last edited by Titan Critter; 09-18-2004 at 08:53 PM.
#8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 03:49 PM

Titan Critter - The kick panel is located on the left side of the drivers left foot. The panel is removable. It just snaps in place. Once the panel is removed you can see the seams that have sealer on them. I'm not familiar with the plastic channel on the driver's side. Hope this was some help.
#9 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 07:13 AM
Banned

i'm really at a loss here. i cannot figure where the water is coming from. it's not a door seal problem; i've tested that myself. the passenger side is not wet at all, so i don't see how the a/c condensation tube can be causing it....seems like if it was traveling back to the driver's side, it would also be making the passenger side wet. all i know is the padding is wet, and starting to smell. this whole thing is going to be a disaster because there is no nissan dealer in the town i live in. i'm projecting it's going to cost me several hundred dollars in gas and time off from work. all for a truck with 1200 miles.
#10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 08:54 AM

Mine Had The Same Problem, They Resealed An Open Body Seam And It Seems To Have Stopped
#11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 09:01 AM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Critter
ipassenger side is not wet at all, so i don't see how the a/c condensation tube can be causing it....seems like if it was traveling back to the driver's side, it would also be making the passenger side wet. truck with
It could be running back to the drivers side with nowhere to go and going out the condensation line on the passsenger side so it would stay dry.

Suggest only left hand turns to keep water near condense line on right. Is that an offical Nissan TSB or what?

BORN ON 02/04 LE CC 4X4 OFFROAD White, DVD, Daytime running lights , Ultrasonic parking sensors,
Wade OEM deflector , Weatherflectors, ,Jason Hugger fiberglass toneau, Clear Shield film front paint ,Front window tint match to back, Cobra radar detector (hardwired) PRG 2" lift, Carbotech brakes & SS brake lines, Magnaflow catback dual exhaust, Chrome tailgate trim, Fatmat/Rattle trap sound deadener.

Last edited by greg w; 09-20-2004 at 09:04 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top