VDC/SLIP/ABS Lights On??? - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Problems & Dealer Service Having a problem with your truck? Dealer service got you down? Let us know here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 07:20 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
VDC/SLIP/ABS Lights On???

I had an interesting set of warning lights come on today. I was on a dry road going about 10 mph and I floored it to hear the dual exhaust (truck was warmed up). I let off around 45mph and noticed that the VDC/SLIP/ABS lights were on. I pulled over to a parking lot, shut it down, started up again and the lights were still on. I couldn't find anything in the manual about that combination of light. I shut it off and started up again. After turning around in the parking lot, the lights turned off and never came back on again all day. Anyone else ever have this happen? Was this just a software glitch???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 09:11 PM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I have experienced this, but with BRAKE, VDC OFF and SLIP. ABS light never came on, but I figured that was covered by the VDC OFF light Looked it up in the Owner's Manual and it wasn't listed with all 3 lights. The closest was having SLIP and VDC OFF both on, and it said to go to the dealer for service. I watched it for a few days and noticed that the BRAKE light would usually come on a second before the others. I checked my brake fluid and it was at the minimum. I filled it back up and the lights haven't come on since. My guess is that if the brake fluid gets too low, VDC cannot function properly.
#3 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavockWK
I have experienced this, but with BRAKE, VDC OFF and SLIP. ABS light never came on, but I figured that was covered by the VDC OFF light Looked it up in the Owner's Manual and it wasn't listed with all 3 lights. The closest was having SLIP and VDC OFF both on, and it said to go to the dealer for service. I watched it for a few days and noticed that the BRAKE light would usually come on a second before the others. I checked my brake fluid and it was at the minimum. I filled it back up and the lights haven't come on since. My guess is that if the brake fluid gets too low, VDC cannot function properly.
Also if the ABS, Slip, and VDC are all on, perhaps a bad ABS sensor since it would affect all systems.

I would definitely have this checked out by service as my '96 Camaro POS had an ABS sensor fail which took out the ABS system and my power brakes. I was trying to stop on a snowy slick surface with no power boost on my brakes. I thought I was a goner. Surprisingly, while my ABS sensor was failing, it was still within GM's specs. as 'alright' so the service center couldn't replace under warranty even if they did agree it was malfunctioning. I guess GM has no sense of loyality to the customer's safety, but they want you to be loyal to them.

Good luck and have a good one.
#4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 08:20 AM

I had the same thing happen before I got rid of my Titan, cause the problems kept going up, and the dealers around here had no answers. This is what Nissan did, turned off the truck, didn't work, then they reprogramed the computer, and the lights went off....they go, Problem Fixed! Go figure......
#5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 08:35 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Cajunguy
Similar problem here this weekend - "Diff Lock" started flickering, then in went off and the "Slip' and ABS" lights came on and stayed on until I turned the ignition off again. Appointment for tomorrow with the dealer.

BTW, also found an antifreeze leak from below the radiator, and a LOOSE SCREW on the right side of the sway bar!!!!

'04 Titan Galaxy LE KC 4x4
Off Road & Big Tow Packages
Build Date: 06/14/04
Buy Date: 06/25/04
Wade In-channel Vent Visors
PRG's Front Leveling Kit
P/A 3" Body Lift Kit
Bushwacker Fender Flares
Billet Grille
MagnaFlow Single Side Exit
Nitto Dune Grappler A/T (315/70/17)
Firestone RideRite Airbags
#6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 02:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to trodd Send a message via Yahoo to trodd
i just had my lights come on and ran the consult code.. it came back c1106 which is a Rear Driver side ABS Sensor

04 Red Brawn SE CC popular, w/ power captain,
Big Tow
Bed extender
step rails
bed rails
Hood Protector
20% Front tint 8% rear
Nissan Foglights (added)
Dual flowmaster 40 series (Awesome!!!)

03 Crystal Blue Altima 2.5 S (wifes)
00 Xterra SE 4x4 (Just sold to Parents)
91 Nissan Stanza (Work in progress)
#7 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 06:03 PM

I had this happen right after I bought mine last spring, all three lights came on and stayed on. It was diagnosed as a front pressure sensor which was replaced and I never had the problem again.

2004 Crew Cab LE 4WD
Deep Water Blue, Graphite/Titanium
Born 02/16/04
Big Tow, Off Road, Bed Extender, Floor Mats, Splashguards, Bed Mat,
OEM Hood Protector, Putco Stainless Steel Bed Rails
#8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 06:03 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to habby
I had a similar problem after my last visit t the dealer fr the brakes. My VDC/Slip/Brake lights came on. When I tok it back they said it was from low brake fluid that wasnt topped off when they fixed the brakes for the 3rd time. It doesnt come on anymore but who knows if its right. I am now up to seven visits for the brakes and filled a lemon-law suit last week. I still have t go back at least once more for the brakes, they still arent right...frnt end is shaking again.

2004 Titan
Radiant Silver CC LE 4x4
Big Tow
Nav System
DVD
Sunroof
#9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 05:00 AM

I had the same problem as you, I also checked my brake fluid and it was at min. so i filled and have had no problem since.

big john
#10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 08:20 AM

iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
I had the same problem as you, I also checked my brake fluid and it was at min. so i filled and have had no problem since.
If your fluid level was at min, then you need to check the brakes, unless someone has just worked on the system.
Low fluid level = thin brake pads.

Titan KC SE 2wd StreetFighter...(Step away from the Titan)
PRG Performance Kit w/SAW's
including rear SAW 2.25" Piggys
Rear Bumpy-Bumps
35" General Red Letter Grabbers on Pro Comp 1028 Wana-be Bead lock wheels
3.73 Gears and TruTrac for Gription
Born 9/2004
I replaced the factory air in my tires with a Citrus scented air package...
Oh yeh....I replaced the screw that holds on the mirror with a trick black oxide one that nobody will see or care about...

2002 Honda XR650R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top