Nissan Titan Forum banner

4 wheel drive moaning

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  RockyMtnTitan 
#1 ·
Has anyone experienced a resonance or moaning sound when driving around 40mph in 4wd? If so, and you got something fixed, what was it? I should never have said that "all the problems on my Titan seem to be fixed." Jinxed myself.

sigh.

HS

#3 ·
"drone" is a good word for it. It's the same sound on just a little snow as it is in deep stuff. A resonating drone. None of my previous trucks droned like this. It's not loud, but it's definitely there.
HS

#6 ·
yeah, i noticed this too. my 97 pathfinder doesnt do this. but it doesnt have all the electronic doo dads that the TITAN does.

steve

#7 ·
Could it be snow in the tires???????Changing the sound of things????

#10 ·
No worries, like a lot of people this is my first shift on the fly vehicle with independent front suspension.
I've shyed away until I had no choice and after over 500 miles of 4Hi driving in the snow and ice I'm starting to appreciate not having to get out to lock in the hubs or stop on the side of the road to shift in and out of 4X. ( But I'm still not getting rid of my 72 landcruiser.) :rockon

#11 ·
I posted this a while ago... it's supposedly normal. The chevy's I guess are a lot worse (or was it the fords). Was with some guys and one guy said he couldn't believe the drone from his new chebby. The other guy said "all chebby's do that.. most 4wds do it" so I said "even my Titan does it..." Of course, I always get the "we don't care about your titan" look.. LOL!

#12 ·
Mine drones in 4WD too, at just about any speed really. I've noticed this on all my 4WD trucks I've had, but between the 3 latest trucks ('96 Taco, '00 Tundra and my Titan) the Titan is the noisiest in 4WD. Just figured it inherent in the design, since so many others notice this too.

Hopefully, nothing to worry about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.