Nissan Titan Forum banner

Sputtering then death!

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  WhiteNite 
#1 ·
i have a 07' titan with 107,000 miles on it and last weekend it started sputtering and only revving up to about 1500 rpm. it almost sounded like an 1970's truck backfiring. it did this for about half a mile then died. i started it back up 2 different times and it would idle at about 500 for seconds then die. i finally got it home put injector cleaner in it, let it sit for the rest of the weekend, and started it monday and it ran fine until two days ago. now i cant even back out of the driveway without it dying. I feel like its the fuel pump with the way its been acting but i havent had a chance to take it into a shop or anything.

#2 ·
Try an clean your maf it's worth a shot. Would be a cheap fix
Good luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#3 ·
sorry it took so long, but i cleaned the mafs. yesterday i started it and ran it for 3 hours idling and driving, and today i let it idle while i was at work and it idled for 4 hours straight. when i got home i took it for a drive to let it stretchs its legs and it sounded fine and drove fine but as soon as i got it home it lost all its power sputtered then died.. Ive been holding off on buying a fuel pump until there are no longer any options, as i was quoted by nissan $450 for a new one.

#4 ·
try searching IPDM. From posts I've read, that sounds like the symptoms right before the unit dies.

Reactions: baseballfanz
#5 ·
Mine did the same exact thing when my fuel pump went out. Make sure you run it close to e before dropping the tank....I did it the hard way and still had 3/4 left, no fun at all.

#7 ·
Search for ipdm, there's a lot of threads on the issue. Basically swap the ipdm relay with your fog light relay and see if your problem goes away.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.