A/C drain repair questions... - Page 3 - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Problems & Dealer Service Having a problem with your truck? Dealer service got you down? Let us know here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#31 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 06:38 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 4,498 Times in 2,504 Posts
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to beason Send a message via MSN to beason Send a message via Yahoo to beason
Re: A/C drain repair questions...

HOW-TO fix for A/C leak into cab/wet pass floorboard.

Ever growing mod list here

WhinyWhore™
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 02:00 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95wolverine View Post
Well, I understand your grief. I can't give you a direction to go as far as dealer repair (with possibilities of bad work) or self repair.

I can show you what I did in order to insure that once the water passed the tip of the drain nozzle there was no path back into the cab.

Removing the drain hose and leaving the large hole wasn't an option in my book and taking a piece of drain tube and putting it inside wasn't an option either as it will eventually kink.

So, I fabricated my own drain tube elbow that fits inside the factory rubber hose. Once installed, you can't even tell there is a modification under it.

Photos speak well. If you'd like, I can give information on parts, sizes, and lengths. Or, If you do paypal, I can give you a completed assembly for cost and let you pick up shipping. I'll make no profit, but I'll know another fellow Titan owner won't suffer from wet carpet due to condensation again.
I just used a small piece of garden hose. No problems to date but what a crappy design by Nissan. My floorboard was wet for weeks befor that and what a nasty smell! Some good ol boy ingenuity got it fixed.

2004 Titan SE KC 4x4
Off Road/Big Tow Pkg
#33 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 04:18 PM
Premium User

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Wow, Talk about a random event, I haven't had a single problem with this until our 5 hour drive home today. I got home and my wife was saying that the floorboard was extremely hot, she lifted the floormat only to find it drenched...So looks like I need to put this quick mod together and have it over with...

Traded for now, will have one again eventually though! For now i'm sporting a 2012 Jetta 2.5SE

Air bags and onboard air

Pictures of my Mods

-Fellow Homebrewer as well!!!
#34 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Premium User

Just fixed this today, thanks guys! Took me about 2 hours just screwing around with it.

Traded for now, will have one again eventually though! For now i'm sporting a 2012 Jetta 2.5SE

Air bags and onboard air

Pictures of my Mods

-Fellow Homebrewer as well!!!
#35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Premium User

Thanked 3,304 Times in 2,192 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv3andrs View Post
Wow, Talk about a random event, I haven't had a single problem with this until our 5 hour drive home today. I got home and my wife was saying that the floorboard was extremely hot, she lifted the floormat only to find it drenched...So looks like I need to put this quick mod together and have it over with...
It took five years before mine started leaking.

2014 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Titan/Armada Part Numbers

Frequently asked fuse locations

305.5 WHP, 370.4 ft/lbs tq
#36 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 06:58 PM

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Looks like I have my plan set for tomorrow... :-(

'08 Majestic Blue Titan XE PP Crew 4WD | ProComp 6" Suspension Lift, CST Extended Endlinks, 35x12.5-18 Toyo Open Country MT's, PWM, 5 Spoke OEM Bedlined Wheels, Bedlined Cowl & Rear Bumper, Diamond Eye Performance 3.5" CB Exhaust, AEM Clone CAI w/ AEM Dry Filter & custom box, Outerwears Pre-Filter (Black), 20% Tint all around, 33% Taillight Tint, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Tonneau Cover, Aftermarket Fog light kit, JB 6000k HIDs and SuperBright LED Reverse Lights, Big Tow Mirrors | Audio: LOC, Custom underseat sub box, Boston Acoustics G210 10", 400w amp

#37 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 08:50 AM

old thread i know, but this problem recently started happening to me. I noticed wet passenger floorbaord. Upon inspection, saw condensation dripping from the black box under the dash. This fix sounds amazing! props to wolverine95! however, just one question:

For those of us without experience soldering, is there an way to join the elbow to the pipe without soldering? I see lowes sells "copper bond" epoxy. would this work for this application? (i wouldnt dare use it for plumbing or anything lol)
#38 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivo View Post
old thread i know, but this problem recently started happening to me. I noticed wet passenger floorbaord. Upon inspection, saw condensation dripping from the black box under the dash. This fix sounds amazing! props to wolverine95! however, just one question:

For those of us without experience soldering, is there an way to join the elbow to the pipe without soldering? I see lowes sells "copper bond" epoxy. would this work for this application? (i wouldnt dare use it for plumbing or anything lol)

No need to add the small copper extension. I just used the copper elbow and the clear hose extension as a preventative measure before I had any issues. It's been like this for 4-5+years and I have a nice big condensation puddle under the truck when I use the AC. Perfect!

I'm sure you could use the copper glue if you wanted. But mines been fine without it for years...
Thanks Nissan for

2005 Silver SE 4X2 KC

Performance: Nismo Headers, //Berk Technology B-pipes, Uprev Tuned, Injen CAI (Wrinkle Black Powder coated), '07 Intake Manifold, Nismo Exhaust,
TrueTrac, Mag-Hytec, Stillen BBK, Goodridge SS Brake Lines

Suspension:Stillen Rear Sway Bar, PRG Shackles and End Links, Belltech Struts and Shocks
Wheels: 22" Foose DF-6(Black), Yokohama Prada-X tires
Exterior: Armada Front Air Dam, Catz 6k HIDS, DDM 6k fogs, Craven Speed Stubby Antenna

Interior: V-led's, Custom Nismo SS Gauges, Nissan Rogue Key, Autometer Ultra-Lite 2 Transmission Temp Gauge
Audio:
JL Audio, Alpine

Installing Soon...
PML Tranny Pan and Transgo...

SHIFT_

O-fivecc who?
#39 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Premium User

Thanked 2,305 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivo View Post

No need to solder a pipe.

3/8" OD clear tube with a hose clamp.

tight fit, no leaks.

HippieWhore™
Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.
#40 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 10:05 AM

is this really a big problem out there? I should say pervasive to the point where we have hundreds of issues? I'll need to explore mine and see what's up.

Signature Image Violation
#41 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Premium User

Garage
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Used a molder heater hose from Summit like the TSB recommended but did not reinstall the leaking factory cover.
#42 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 03:53 PM
Premium User

Thanked 3,304 Times in 2,192 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AGregg View Post
is this really a big problem out there? I should say pervasive to the point where we have hundreds of issues? I'll need to explore mine and see what's up.
It's happening enough for Nissan to issue a TSB
I have an 05 and didn't start leaking inside till about 5 years after i bought it.
I though I was in the clear. LOL

Sent from an Asus Transformer in my Nissan Titan

2014 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Titan/Armada Part Numbers

Frequently asked fuse locations

305.5 WHP, 370.4 ft/lbs tq
#43 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 09:17 PM

I need to do this to my 08.5. I have a small amount of water under my pass. side floor mat. Its weird, the mat under the carpet is not wet and the carpet against the firewall is not wet, but under the mat is damp (not soaked). I figured its just starting to leak. I thought it was a pre 08 issue, but looks like some folks with newer trucks are reporting it to.
#44 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary748 View Post
No need to add the small copper extension. I just used the copper elbow and the clear hose extension as a preventative measure before I had any issues. It's been like this for 4-5+years and I have a nice big condensation puddle under the truck when I use the AC. Perfect!

I'm sure you could use the copper glue if you wanted. But mines been fine without it for years...
Thanks Nissan for
Worked perfect! 90 elbow and tubing to connect it, huge puddle under the truck where it belongs!! Only about 3 dollars at lowes lol. Now to remove all the water under my passenger floorboard, this should be fun

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
#45 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 06:16 PM

Thanked 1,228 Times in 772 Posts

Remove the door sill plate and kick panel, pull up on the carpet, and you will see there is a lot of room. Lay full sections, Not sheets, of newspaper between the carpet pad and steel floor. Swap out the newspaper every couple days until the carpet and pad are bone dry. Dried out my Titan 4+ years ago like this, took about a week, and no smell what so ever.

Jump to top