Nissan Titan Forum banner

Small gas leak

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  wawaweewa 
#1 ·
Hi guys, 2005 titan with 107k on it. Replaced the starter last week and today I noticed a small puddle under my drivers side just in from the front mud flap. Turns out it was gas, and I was able to find the source of the leak but not sure what to do with it. Here's a photo of it. it looks like its a small connecter with two green tabs on the side, but I couldn't push it in any further. Unsure if anyone else has had this issue and how to fix it. Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Release the fuel pressure. Disconnect the coupling and reseat it. Report back.

#3 ·
So as I was working on disconnecting those lines and I was able to find the issue. It looks like theres a metal reducer going between the hoses that was rusted and theres a small crack in that reducer. I attempted to remove those lines and it opened up further. I feel like I may be royally screwed now. Not sure if these lines are high pressure lines or if I could get away with taking a small section of hose and hose clamps to get rid of that elbow all together.

#4 ·
any decent hydraulics/hose building shop should be able to set you up with what you need, and of better material and rating than OEM, get measurements on length, angle, and diameter, take in pics, I'd go with stainless JIC fittings, those are generally rated FAR higher than you will need for the fuel system. I would not trust hose clamps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.