Battery Terminal - Fusible Link Connection - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Problems & Dealer Service Having a problem with your truck? Dealer service got you down? Let us know here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 07:53 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TitanBry04
Battery Terminal - Fusible Link Connection

Hey all, does anyone know what the exact term or what the part# is for the connector on the (+ Positive) terminal on the battery that contains the multiple fusible links?

I had a 1 in a million shot today, was working under the hood, basic stuff changing oil, tightening up some stuff, almost done and , bam, dropped a long screwdriver and I'll be damned if it landed on top the battery and struck across the positive and negative terminals. POP, zapped the 140A fusible link in that part on the terminal.

Took it out easily just have to find a dealership that hopefully has it in stock.

Thanks in Advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 05:33 AM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Re: Battery Terminal - Fusible Link Connection

I see you have my kind of luck...........
#3 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 10:18 PM

24340-7F000 Connector Assy
24380-79915 Holder Fuseible
24345-79901 Cover-connector

I didn't pay attention and it corroded away.
Talk about some really weird troubles as the fuseible link corroded though.
Hope this helps
#4 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 03:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to TitanBry04

Thanks yeh I had gotten the Part # from a dealership, they told me 2 days order, no biggee like $20, then they said back order til next Tuesday, so I by chance tried the Carmax Nissan dealership, get this, they had 4 in stock and it was only $9.96 or somthing! Bingo!
#5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 12:46 PM

Sorry to bring this post back from the dead but it seems to be most relevant to what I need. Here is the situation:
Two weeks ago, truck (2006 Titan CC) wouldn't start, popped hood saw corrosion on the terminals, called the auto club. Guy comes out, puts a new battery in, cleans the terminals and I'm done.
A few days ago, pick up the kids from school, go to leave school and it wouldn't start again. Auto club sends a guy out, he tests the battery, alternator, etc. and says everything is working fine, the battery didn't need a jump, he believes the terminals, especially the positive one are too corroded, see pic below. He recommends replacing the terminals, if not the entire cables, for both the positive an negative connections.
I'm looking around and found the part numbers in this post but I'm not seeing much when I google them and I'm not sure what each part actually is. The positive side is really confusing to me because of the attached fuse box and what looks to be four separate groups of cables coming off. I can't figure out what I actually need to buy to repair or replace it. For the positive side, I'm not sure what each of those four cable groups is for but they all seem to be headed back toward the firewall. Is it possible to replace that entire length of cable? What does the back end of it connect to?
I'd like to tackle this myself, I've left messages with both my local Nissan dealers service/parts departments and have not heard back from either and it's been two days. I'd rather not deal with either at this point.

Attached pics are only a couple days after the last cleaning, although the guy that came out stated he couldn't get everything.

Also, I know this is mainly user error here, well now I know, as I did not know before this that battery care was part of the user maintenance. Got it covered going forward, just need to get this resolved!

Thanks for the help, I appreciate any ideas or suggestions.
Burgh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	titan1.jpg
Views:	10287
Size:	424.7 KB
ID:	110698   Click image for larger version

Name:	titan2.jpg
Views:	5937
Size:	367.9 KB
ID:	110699  
#6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 03:31 PM

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I bought a spare assembly (wonder where I put it though!) and believe you can disconnect the 4 individual cables that are screwed into individual Fusible Links. Take a close look, and see if they each unscrew. Clean them if they look good, and reuse. But yes, replace the Assembly. I now have cables coming off my battery, going to large studs, where the assembly is mounted. So, it is isolated from the battery. I now have a Sears Diehard Platinum, basically same as an Odyssey PC1700. $200 vs $300 battery.

2006 XE CC Pref Pkg BT with AEM Brute Force CAI, PowerAid TB Spacer, TB Reversed Valve ByPass Mod, 2007+ Intake, JBA Headers, MagnaFlow 24" Muffler, 2008+ Rear Axle, Stillen: F & R Sway Bars, Black Diff Cover, Engine Dress Up Kit, 4 pc StreetScene SS Mesh Grille, PRG End Links, Street Traction Bars & Shackles, UpRev Osiris Tuner 93 Performance Tuned, 18" SE Rims, Functional Hood Scoop ...

IRC VK56 Member "Special Operations"

MD Chapter Director
The Following User Says Thank You to TitanBlue For This Useful Post:
BurghRocks (10-01-2010)
#7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 3,344 Times in 2,214 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghRocks View Post
Sorry to bring this post back from the dead but it seems to be most relevant to what I need. Here is the situation:
Two weeks ago, truck (2006 Titan CC) wouldn't start, popped hood saw corrosion on the terminals, called the auto club. Guy comes out, puts a new battery in, cleans the terminals and I'm done.
A few days ago, pick up the kids from school, go to leave school and it wouldn't start again. Auto club sends a guy out, he tests the battery, alternator, etc. and says everything is working fine, the battery didn't need a jump, he believes the terminals, especially the positive one are too corroded, see pic below. He recommends replacing the terminals, if not the entire cables, for both the positive an negative connections.
I'm looking around and found the part numbers in this post but I'm not seeing much when I google them and I'm not sure what each part actually is. The positive side is really confusing to me because of the attached fuse box and what looks to be four separate groups of cables coming off. I can't figure out what I actually need to buy to repair or replace it. For the positive side, I'm not sure what each of those four cable groups is for but they all seem to be headed back toward the firewall. Is it possible to replace that entire length of cable? What does the back end of it connect to?
I'd like to tackle this myself, I've left messages with both my local Nissan dealers service/parts departments and have not heard back from either and it's been two days. I'd rather not deal with either at this point.

Attached pics are only a couple days after the last cleaning, although the guy that came out stated he couldn't get everything.

Also, I know this is mainly user error here, well now I know, as I did not know before this that battery care was part of the user maintenance. Got it covered going forward, just need to get this resolved!

Thanks for the help, I appreciate any ideas or suggestions.
Burgh
You can pick that up at most local auto parts store
Try Autozone, good info in this links with pictures and part#
Battery connection issue

2014 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Titan/Armada Part Numbers

Frequently asked fuse locations

305.5 WHP, 370.4 ft/lbs tq
The Following User Says Thank You to baseballfanz For This Useful Post:
BurghRocks (10-01-2010)
#8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 05:16 PM

Thanks TitanBlue and Baseballfanz for the information. Looks like I can get the first two pieces I need online and then I'll take the Autozone suggestion for the last piece. Hopefully I won't have to buy any cables at all. Curious about your setup with how you moved your assembly, you got any pics of that TitanBlue?
#9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 05:57 PM

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Not yet. I need to fab a support bracket to finish it off. It is actually self supporting now. Hopefully in next couple of weeks, I'll finish it off.

2006 XE CC Pref Pkg BT with AEM Brute Force CAI, PowerAid TB Spacer, TB Reversed Valve ByPass Mod, 2007+ Intake, JBA Headers, MagnaFlow 24" Muffler, 2008+ Rear Axle, Stillen: F & R Sway Bars, Black Diff Cover, Engine Dress Up Kit, 4 pc StreetScene SS Mesh Grille, PRG End Links, Street Traction Bars & Shackles, UpRev Osiris Tuner 93 Performance Tuned, 18" SE Rims, Functional Hood Scoop ...

IRC VK56 Member "Special Operations"

MD Chapter Director

Jump to top