Brake popping noise...??? - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Problems & Dealer Service Having a problem with your truck? Dealer service got you down? Let us know here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Brake popping noise...???

I am new here and tried searching for similar topics but was unsuccessful. Anyways, I bought my 05 used with 26K miles on it last month. Yesterday as I was driving around with the radio off I noticed a popping (almost like a drum sound) when I hit the brakes.

It would make this sound when the truck was almost at a complete stop and do it again as I was releasing the brake to take off. Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so what was the fix?

I called the Nissan service department and the guy told me he had not heard of this issue, but only the pulsating problem noted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2005 2wd SE...Westin Oval tube steps, Rhino Lining, K&N FIPK II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 08:17 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 1,075 Times in 761 Posts
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Re: Brake popping noise...???

Sounds like one of the calipers pistons is going bad or its sticking. Go to the dealer and make sure your truck has the updated brake fix for the 04-05 Titans. There could be other issues too, a brake pad is not properly set, brake caliper may be loose by not being tighten down. You need to get your truck in. Welcome to TT, I hope this would help you.

2014 Silver Ram Laramie 4x4 w/ leather and Alpine sound
2008 Red Brawn Titan SE 4x4 Popular package
[
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: Brake popping noise...???

Thanks for the reply. I definitely need to have it looked at and will keep your suggestion in mind when talking to the service dept.

2005 2wd SE...Westin Oval tube steps, Rhino Lining, K&N FIPK II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top