Heater Issue - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Problems & Dealer Service Having a problem with your truck? Dealer service got you down? Let us know here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 05:02 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Heater Issue

Has anyone had problems with their heater? When I turn on the heater the air will blow, but never warms up. The dealer said I need to have the whole HVAC assembly replaced and wants $1800 to do it. There has to be a cheaper or easier solution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 08:00 AM

Re: Heater Issue

Tell the dealer to take a hike........Find and replace the "call for heat" relay located under the steering wheel and to the left, just above your left knee. Disconnect the battery's negative cable before changing relay.
#3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 01:14 PM

btw, if i just let it on vent, the air that enters in is hot. so i turn off the hvac once moving and get natural warm air in the cabin... i love it.

not sure if you've found this "function"
#4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 01:23 PM

my 06 titan has started giving me this trouble. but it does it intermitently, sometimes i'll turn the nob to hot and the air will only slightly heat up and very slowly. only to about 98 degrees. the dealership fooled around with it and was somehow able to get it to blow 136 degrees. but after I got it back I turned on the ac then turned it back to hot and it would only heat up to 98 again, and that took like 10 minutes
#5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 09:25 PM

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

mine is in the shop as we speak for the same thing heater blows but not warm air it was the heater valve sticking not sure how much it is because its under warranty tell the dealership to check that....it should be alot better than 1800
#6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxkidd2 View Post
mine is in the shop as we speak for the same thing heater blows but not warm air it was the heater valve sticking not sure how much it is because its under warranty tell the dealership to check that....it should be alot better than 1800
mine was having this issue as well, wait till your engine has cooled off and check to make sure that you arent leaking antifreeze, if you are you may have a cracked radiator like mine.

2004 Nissan Titan LE
MODS: superchips, TBS, K&N CAI, Magnaflow dual exhaust, bull bar w/Cree LED lights, halo headlights, LED Tail lights.

#7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 06:02 PM

my heater wasn't working this morning either, took the dog later to a park and i was messing with the controls, switched the AC on and back to heat and then it started working again. Hopefully this isn't going to be a problem> winter is coming and i don't feel like taking it to the dealership.

2006 LE, CC, BT, 4x4-Blizzard White
#8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uswatsonk View Post
Tell the dealer to take a hike........Find and replace the "call for heat" relay located under the steering wheel and to the left, just above your left knee. Disconnect the battery's negative cable before changing relay.
My 06' heater stopped working last night. It only blows cold Air. I looked at all these posts and this one seems like a cheap fix. There are three relays under the dash, next to the steering wheel. Is it the top, middle or bottom relay? Has anyone seen the relay be the problem? It sounds like the Heater valve has been the main issue and it sounds expensive if thats the case. How much are the dealers charging for this Valve and or relay replacement?

2006 LE CC 4x4 White
Off-Road, Big Tow, DVD, GPS, Moon-Roof, all air bags

K&N Air filter
BF Goodrich A/Ts
Retrax Tonneau cover
Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling lift kit

I need a bigger garage!
#9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 05:31 PM

Might be the heater water valve also.
There is a hose under the hood, attached to the firewall with a valve. If you have hot water on only one (or neither) side of this valve with the heat on: then it is quite possible the valve is stuck.

You can remove the three screws and then remove the double worm gear plastic gizmo; if the motor spins then the valve is hung up. If it does not move... then maybe it is the relay or something else. Caution: it will require patience and common sense to get it back together correctly.

Mine did this; and is still doing this. I simply removed the gizmo's, and opened the valve half way; haven't found any downside to doing this yet; seems there is an air bypass/shutoff for the heater core anyway. Oh well, anyway, just something to check.

I logged on to find my old thread about this, so i could order a new valve; if i find that thread i might remember come back and add the link to it.

linky linky

06' Titan XE KC 2WD

Last edited by titan_dork; 10-25-2009 at 05:34 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top