Water Leak on Passenger Floor - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Problems & Dealer Service Having a problem with your truck? Dealer service got you down? Let us know here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 07:57 AM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Water Leak on Passenger Floor

The carpet on my passenger side floor is getting wet. I've taken it back to the dealership twice, and it is wet again. The first times it was because the ac drain hose wasnt long enough so they extended it. The second time it was becuase when they extended the drain hose the crimped the hose. Now its leaking again and I don't know if it is because of the air conditioning. I have been running the a/c and it seems to be staying dry and I even noticed a big spot under the truck so the ac seems to be draining properly. I noticed the spot got wet last time I washed it though, and that was right after it rained. Has anyone had any problems with their floor getting wet after the rain or during a wash??

Thanks in advance,
Chad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 08:42 AM

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Re: Water Leak on Passenger Floor

My leak was from the vent behind the rear passenger seat. I got it silled and fixed.
#3 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 2,307 Times in 1,403 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad716
The carpet on my passenger side floor is getting wet. I've taken it back to the dealership twice, and it is wet again. The first times it was because the ac drain hose wasnt long enough so they extended it. The second time it was becuase when they extended the drain hose the crimped the hose. Now its leaking again and I don't know if it is because of the air conditioning. I have been running the a/c and it seems to be staying dry and I even noticed a big spot under the truck so the ac seems to be draining properly. I noticed the spot got wet last time I washed it though, and that was right after it rained. Has anyone had any problems with their floor getting wet after the rain or during a wash??

Thanks in advance,
Chad
I still say it can be the a/c line. IF water were to come from another source-say a window, you'd see the trail...

So the question begs, is water coming in from the vents and down to the bottom of the rollpan?

Only way to know is to pull the carpet and wash the car to see if you can duplicate the event.

Good luck.

HippieWhore™
Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 04:31 PM

Thanks, bringing it back to the dealership on Monday, will let you guys know what i find.
#5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 05:02 PM

Thanked 1,228 Times in 772 Posts
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

If you had the windshield replaced recently it could be leaking around the seal, a small hole in the urethane sealer. The floor in my s-10 got wet only when it rained or when i washed it, the leak was in the urethane, took it back to the glass shop and they fixed it.
#6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 11:58 AM

Angry Re: Water Leak on Passenger Floor

YES!
I have experienced the same symptoms lately. Only happens to front floorboard on passenger side. Can't determine if it's A/C or external moisture collecting here.

Have had no body damage, no windshield replaced, etc.

Being in Florida, My A/C runs 9 -10 months out of the year, and we had TONS of rain this Summer. so there isn't any one obvious cause.

I'll have to try some t'shooting. I really don't want to have to take up the carpet though...ugh!
#7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 12:33 PM

Yes. I got a new vehicle out of Nissan because they never found mine after 9 months of looking.

In that time Nissan claimed to have found 4 different leaks and none of those fixes worked. They even sent in a Engineer to fix it on the last attempt.
They fixed so many different things that I think the whole side of the vehicle was not sealed properly from the factory. I have also read where others have had unsealed seams in the body that were never welded properly.

Keep meticulious records of everything. Make sure the dealer gives you a separate work order each time you have it serviced, and an invoice each time you pick it up. Towards the end, my dealer was trying to service the vehicle again using the prior visit's work order.

if you don't get it corrected after 4 attempts, contact an attorney. Mine was invaluable in my case.

You can also check the A/C drain issue yourself. Just because the A/C is dripping outside the vehicle does not mean that there isn't still a little dribbling back into the cab. Mine was.

I repaired my own on my 06 and it was pretty easy. There is a TSB that explains how to perform the repair, or you could try this thread that offers a better repair then the TSB (IMO):
A/C drain repair questions...

My Fast is not concerned with gas mileage...

2006 Crew Cab LE 4x4
(2005 Lemon is gone...)
Smokin Hot Smoke Color
Step Bars
Big Tow
Sirius Satellite Radio
Creative Zen MicroPhoto Player (Screw iPod)
Undercover Tonneau
Nissan All Weather Matts
#8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 12:39 PM

Also.

You can try pulling back the carpet in that area and dusting the area with baby powder. If water is dripping in anywhere, it will leave a trail.

The carpet can be pulled pretty far back without having to remove anything but the sill plate. The sill plate pulls right off and snaps right back into place, so no big deal.

My Fast is not concerned with gas mileage...

2006 Crew Cab LE 4x4
(2005 Lemon is gone...)
Smokin Hot Smoke Color
Step Bars
Big Tow
Sirius Satellite Radio
Creative Zen MicroPhoto Player (Screw iPod)
Undercover Tonneau
Nissan All Weather Matts

Last edited by Timster13; 11-03-2006 at 12:42 PM.
#9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 07:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to 3Riverssouth Send a message via Yahoo to 3Riverssouth

I had the same problem here and another water leak in the rear passengar side. The front was the a/c. What I would do to see it is the a/c or not is peal back the carpet on the passengar side. Easy to do and you can see where the hose goes through the firewall. This is where it usually leaks and I actually have a picture of mine that I took to the dealer while it was leaking.

The water in the rear of the truck was due to the rear window not being sealed correctly. Had it back 3 times before they fixed this one but nows she seems dry as a bone. If you need a pic please shoot me a message and I get it out.

3Riverssouth
06 Titan CC 4x4 Granite
BlackMax Tonneau Cover,
Westin Chrome Nerf Bars,
Big Tow, Billet Grille Insert,
10" Pyle LCD DVD/TV,
Line-X Spary In, Keypad Mod,
OEM Bugshield

2009 Murano SL
TECH, NAV, PREM, MRF, Leather
#10 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 10:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to oktex88

I had a water leak on the floor of the front right passenger floor. My truck is an 04' and after 4 years of fighting I finally got a settelment out of Nissan for this huge defect.

First Nissan said oh we just must have left the windows down, then they said oh it was the a/c drain hose and fixed that about 3 times and my truck still leaked water in. They also put some ****ing around the body in the front and I also got Nissan to pay for a new windshield because it was cracked internally in the top left corner. After the new windshield replacment it finally seems the problem has gone away but we will see when it starts to snow agian and I drive through the snow.

I'm glad I got my $$$ out of Nissan and everyone who has this same problem and can't get it fixed deserves a settlement. Once they start taking apart your truck it is never the same. The plastic interior of the truck doesn't line up anymore, several plastic parts were broken and replaced due to stripping the truck to find the water leak. This also degrades the resale value of the truck and you deserve $$$ for it. I'd advise contacting a lawyer, I probably could have gotten more money back if I did that but I"m happy with the amount I got and I think it is fair.

2004 Nissan Titan 2WD
#11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 03:08 PM

Thanked 1,228 Times in 772 Posts
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

A leaking windshield is a pain in the rear. I had a S-10 that the floorboard got soaked after every rain storm that rolled through, and it was the windshield leaking on the drivers side.
#12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 01:21 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen

After years of trying to find the source of this P.I.T.A. (pain in the arm) leak. I found it!!! (At least for me).

Please check the weather seal at the bottom of your door jamb where the plastic moulding meets the weather seal. If you were sitting in either front seat, it would be next to your feet under the speaker area... not on the door, but on the truck body. This seal has a channel in it that you can spread apart with your fingers. I accidentaly found this one day after washing the truck. I saw water pooled in that area... (MY TRUCK WAS PARKED ON A HILL WITH FRONT FACING DOWN). The water was able to migrate over this seal and UNDER this plastic trim, no way to see this unless you pull this trim off. So I pulled this trim off (CAREFULLY) and voila!!! I struck water under the carpet!!! I pulled the trim away and put some wood under the carpet to allow the area to dry.

Now I only found this yesterday, so I don't have a fix yet... But at least I found the source.

I hope this might help at least one poor soul out there!!!

Joe

Jump to top