Front differential oil leak - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Problems & Dealer Service Having a problem with your truck? Dealer service got you down? Let us know here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Cool Front differential oil leak

While under my Titan yesterday installing my JBA cat-back I noticed that there was an oil leak on my front differential where the drive shaft goes in from the T-case. Bummer!!! It is obvious that there is oil on the crossmember and was a drip on the differential itself. It looks like a bad seal, and I have never noticed any oil in the driveway where I park her. The good news is that my truck is still under warranty, so it looks like a trip to the dealer is coming soon.
I only have 24,000 miles and only put the truck in 4 wheel drive on occasions when necessary and don't abuse it. So, just a heads up to everyone else here who has a 4X4 Titan. You may want to check your front diff.
Has anyone else here had this problem?

06 Smoke SE CC 4X4
Bug Shield, in channel vent visors, 22% front window tint, Pro Comp stage1 w/ SAW coilovers and 2" rear block w/ 35x12.5x18 Toyo Open country MT on 18X9 KMC Monsters, JBA cat-back, 2* advance, AEM intake, BD Power Pup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 03:39 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to pedalhappy1053
Re: Front differential oil leak

Ive gone through 2 front diffs already.......it sucks

NEXT MOD: UPREV And Trutrac

Performance: K&N FIPK Intake, Throttle Body Spacer, BANKS exhaust
Suspension: 6" Pro Comp Lift, SAW Coilovers with PRG Upper Control Arms, Ionic Dynamics front fenders
Audio: Alpine CDA-9887 Deck, 2 Planet Audio BB212D sub woofers, 2 Memphis Audio 15-MCS69 speakers, Hiphonics BXi2006D Amp, EFX Hyperdrive HD4300 Amp

"Girls love my truck"

My sub woofers move more air than your turbo
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 05:59 PM

Mine's leaking where the drain plug screws in. This has been a problem off and on for 4 mos. Dealer checked 4 mos ago and said they fixed the leak. Now I noticed its leaking again. I checked the level and it looks low. Anyone know what the proper fluid level should be?

05 BT: OR: CC: Bed package: Front Bench

01 Ebbtide campione 182 w/v6 volvo
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 10:38 AM

I had noticed a couple oil spots on my garage floor so mentioned it when I went in for 30k service. Turned out it was the front diff input seal leaking. Service also noticed the right rear axle seal starting to leak. Service changed both under warretry, had a loaner Sentra for the night. Can't complain about the service but don't think the seals should have gone bad.

04 KC OR BT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top